Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Hi guys,

I'm a new fan of Fury. I have warmed up to him over the last several months or so... I absolutely hated him and the way he fought. But, since the Chisora fight and the grit he puts to all of his other subsequent fights, he has gotten my respect.

But, let's be fair: Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder puts him to SLEEP!

Well, maybe not Jennings- he would just beat him up real bad over 12 rounds. But, the other two would totally dominate Fury- Arreola and his relentless pressure and size and boxing ability would manhandle Fury over about 5-7 rounds. Wilder would KO him in less than that!

If Fury got caught with a Cunningham hook and got floored AND wobbled on two other occasions from Cunningham, then you can expect for a HARD HITTING Wilder to sleep him AND a wear you down, hard hitter, like Arreola, to simply keep hitting him and hitting him and hitting him until he passes out.

What say you?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a new fan of Fury. I have warmed up to him over the last several months or so... I absolutely hated him and the way he fought. But, since the Chisora fight and the grit he puts to all of his other subsequent fights, he has gotten my respect.

But, let's be fair: Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder puts him to SLEEP!

Well, maybe not Jennings- he would just beat him up real bad over 12 rounds. But, the other two would totally dominate Fury- Arreola and his relentless pressure and size and boxing ability would manhandle Fury over about 5-7 rounds. Wilder would KO him in less than that!

If Fury got caught with a Cunningham hook and got floored AND wobbled on two other occasions from Cunningham, then you can expect for a HARD HITTING Wilder to sleep him AND a wear you down, hard hitter, like Arreola, to simply keep hitting him and hitting him and hitting him until he passes out.

What say you?
    I have not seen wilder yet... but i heard he did well in sparring v wladimir and his record looks like he is very offensive minded and tall... could be big trouble for fury... I will have to see him fight some better fighters than he seems to have fought already before I can judge him... fury v wilder does look on paper to be have good potential though!..

I think fury is to fight the winner of arreola v sitverne so maybe we will see arreola fury pretty soon... although i have a feeling fury is going to be fighting cruiserweights and bad big guys for a while yet :S

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I LIKE Tyson Fury- but Arreola, Jennings and/or Wilder STARCHES HIM!

Fury beats them all including Haye. He is not ready for the brothers yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would arreola be such a favourite against Fury?

He lost to Adamek who Cunningham got robbed against...

There arent many heavyweights out there who can match Cunninghams speed or toughness, having never been stopped.

Some might say Haye has the speed but he's not as tough as Cunningham.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theonly way to settle this is to obviously have a tournament to decide which fighter(cruiser or heavyweight) deserves a shot at fury :S... if cunningham can beat adamek(except on the judges score cards) then if someone can beat cunningham and adamek then surely they will deserve to fight fury... maybe have some form of mortal kombat tower ranking sysytem? infact why bother with world titles... let us make a new one just for fury right now !

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing you can say about Fury you cannot say about Wilder...hes actually taken a punch and been 'tested'. Wilder has not faced a hint of adversity and for all we know the first time hes pressed...or punched in the mouth...he could fall over like a house of cards.

I think Jennings has the better chance actually. Arreola is stationary and round house while fast hands leave Fury blinking like a sleepy old uncle jarred awake in the middle of the night. If Cunningham badly hurts him twice, Jennings will no doubt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jennings is way overated- Fury Ko's him
    Arreola is a 50/50 fight imo
    Wilder is still very untested but from what i've seen , I think he Ko's Fury

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Master, please tell me you are kidding. Haye would easily handle Fury and stop him. He hits about 100 times harder than Stevie Cunningham and is faster and more talented.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Master, please tell me you are kidding. Haye would easily handle Fury and stop him. He hits about 100 times harder than Stevie Cunningham and is faster and more talented.
    I have to agree... as much as i hate haye after watching this fight ....... fury is just so open to the right hand... haye is smart enough and fast enough on his feet to be able to dance around and land it enough times to finish him off.... pajkic and cunningham put fury down.. it looks to be a weakness of his... unfortunatley for fury... haye would slay him pretty easiliy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I have to agree... as much as i hate haye after watching this fight ....... fury is just so open to the right hand... haye is smart enough and fast enough on his feet to be able to dance around and land it enough times to finish him off.... pajkic and cunningham put fury down.. it looks to be a weakness of his... unfortunatley for fury... haye would slay him pretty easiliy
    No I am serious, fury is just too big for these blown up cruiser weights. Cunningham was right about Fury, if he was 6ft 3, he would get beat but the size beat Steve and it would do the same to Hate.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I am serious, fury is just too big for these blown up cruiser weights. Cunningham was right about Fury, if he was 6ft 3, he would get beat but the size beat Steve and it would do the same to Hate.
    You mean Haye? The guy that beat the 7 foot giant?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a chance. Haye would destroy Fury. If Cunningham can knock him down, then believe that Haye would put him in his grave. All Haye's chat has people overlooking just how skillful a fighter he is. Fury is not even close to that skill level.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All he has on Haye is size, you're out of it Master Haye easily puts Fury to sleep in the first 5 rounds, he couldn't miss and has genuine KO power at heavy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye-Fury? That is a full bank job on Haye KO 1 (with a round 2 saver).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye deffinitly has the power to hurt Fury but one thing that Cunningham has over ahaye is hes not scraed to get involved. Although hes been dropped he had never been stopped whereas Haye has been stopped by a cruiser, dropped by a supermiddle etc.

Haye wouldnt have gone in gung ho against Fury like Cunningham did and to be honest I believe Peter Firy that Tyson fought like a spanner because he wasnt there to reign him in.

Thread Information