30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Canelo needs to continue with the sturdy competition and that means fighting someone at his own weight class like martinez.

Martinez is getting old but a fight between this two will generate alot of money and would be a great fight if theres not a trout rematch.

Canelo can forget about mayweather as the huge weight advantage he has and hydrates up to after weigh in just shows you what a massive weight difference there is.

Canelo vs martinez for september anyone?..(i dont want to see cotto beaten up anymore)
    At what weight? Will Martinez be able to come down? Doubt Canelo will make the jump to middleweight to fight Martinez as his 1st fight
    He expects everyone else to come up to his weight. Hes young enough and needs to start taking even more risks.
    I don't think Canelo should start taking a lot of chances, he's doing just fine with slow and steady..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Canelo needs to continue with the sturdy competition and that means fighting someone at his own weight class like martinez.

Martinez is getting old but a fight between this two will generate alot of money and would be a great fight if theres not a trout rematch.

Canelo can forget about mayweather as the huge weight advantage he has and hydrates up to after weigh in just shows you what a massive weight difference there is.

Canelo vs martinez for september anyone?..(i dont want to see cotto beaten up anymore)
    At what weight? Will Martinez be able to come down? Doubt Canelo will make the jump to middleweight to fight Martinez as his 1st fight
    He expects everyone else to come up to his weight. Hes young enough and needs to start taking even more risks.
    I don't think Canelo should start taking a lot of chances, he's doing just fine with slow and steady..
    How much slower do you want him to go? Should he rack up another 40 odd wins against non world class opponents?

The natural progression is up. It seems to me canelo will avoid the trout rematch and take a big payday against a beaten up cotto.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Alvarez will be fighting Cotto next I think.
    Sad but probably true.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

How much slower do you want him to go? Should he rack up another 40 odd wins against non world class opponents?

The natural progression is up. It seems to me canelo will avoid the trout rematch and take a big payday against a beaten up cotto.
    So what's the problem? Should he be looking for small payday fights?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Alvarez will be fighting Cotto next I think.
    Cotto will get really hurt. He needs to call it a day.

Canelo should fight floyd at 147 if he really wants the fight. Floyd doesnt do catchweights and will not disadvantage himself against a fighter that will weigh 25pounds or more on fight day.
    It's up to Floyd whether he wants to fight Canelo clearly, but he's been at 154 twice before when the price was right against Cotto and De La Hoya. He did fight in those two fights. In addition, who is there for Floyd to fight at 147? In my opinion, the only interesting fights for Floyd are at 154 right now.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saul should wait at the light middle and entice Floyd to come up. In the meantime Saul can win more alphabet straps.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information