Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury vs. Malik Scott ?

If these two fought then who you got?

I think it would be a good fight for both guys right now and I see Scott outboxing Fury to a UD. He has the size, strength and boxing ability to do it and keep Fury off him.

I really think this would be a good opportunity for both guys.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs. Malik Scott ?

For sure a good matchup, and I'd have Scott by a fairly wide UD as well. Thing is having not gotten the decision in his last fight, and being obscure as it was, Scott brings nothing to the table.

I really don't think it can be overstated just how bad Fury actually is myself. He will get whipped the second he fights anyone near his size who is remotely decent. I realize the division is a wasteland and thats only a handful of guys, but I'm saying even people like Arreola or Helenius could well ice him in a round. I actually hope they just go ahead and put him in with Wlad sooner than later, it would be a really funny KO.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury by stoppage or UD.

Fury has fought Chisora, Kevin Johnson, and Cunningham and won comfortably ( excluding knockdown).

Malik has only fought 2 decent fighters and failed against the last one by getting that draw.

Malik has the skill but nowhere near the power to trouble Fury. Fury is hard to beat when he has no worries about power and can just walk you down!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Fury by stoppage or UD.

Fury has fought Chisora, Kevin Johnson, and Cunningham and won comfortably ( excluding knockdown).

Malik has only fought 2 decent fighters and failed against the last one by getting that draw.

Malik has the skill but nowhere near the power to trouble Fury. Fury is hard to beat when he has no worries about power and can just walk you down!
    That's bullshit and you know it. He clearly CLEARLY dominated that fight against the hard hitting Russian, who is shorter, but a better puncher and more talented than Fury.

Everything else you said makes sense though. Fair enough. I will add that I don't think Fury could just walk thru Scott's punches, but he would have the power advantage for sure.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Fury by stoppage or UD.

That's bullshit and you know it. He clearly CLEARLY dominated that fight against the hard hitting Russian, who is shorter, but a better puncher and more talented than Fury.

Everything else you said makes sense though. Fair enough. I will add that I don't think Fury could just walk thru Scott's punches, but he would have the power advantage for sure.
    He left it up to the judges, so a draw was his own fault.

I agee Fury wouldn't just walk through Scott's punches, but he would fight without fear, as 6'5 fighters don't really throw overhands rights and Scott certainly doesn't.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury by stoppage or UD.

I agee Fury wouldn't just walk through Scott's punches, but he would fight without fear, as 6'5 fighters don't really throw overhands rights and Scott certainly doesn't.
    Lennox Lewis never threw an overhand right ?
    Riddick Bowe didnt either ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury by stoppage or UD.

I know, I made sure the sentence didn't exclude everyone.

Tbh the sentence didn't really deserve a full post and quote. Shame on you.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury by stoppage or UD.

Wtf was he supposed to do ? Malik's not a KO puncher ?

Anyhoo from here on out we will all obnoxiously highlight at least one glaring fault in your posts and berate you for it.......

rabble rabble rabble !

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury by stoppage or UD.

explain what you mean then dude , dont turn into ROSS and contradict yourself all the time
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a stretch to say Scott 'dominated' Glazkov in any fashion, big time styles clash. I had Glaz on more effective punching and body work by about 2,3 points.

Fury is a walking trivia question living on a fast ticking 15 minutes of fame, sorry but thats what I see. I just dont know if Scott is offense minded and willing enough to set his feet and punch between his predictable delivery to keep that mass and maul from wearing his legs down.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury by stoppage or UD.

explain what you mean then dude , dont turn into ROSS and contradict yourself all the time
    Not at all.

My thoughts are this. Watching big heavyweights recently I don't see very many overhand rights being thrown, granted that there are some big heavyweights that have done it regularly.

Cruisers like Cunningham use it against bigger fighters like he did v Fury.

Although I know my knowledge is pretty good on boxing and heavyweights in particular, I have never claimed to be the the Wikipedia of boxing information.

And if I'm talking shit correct me. But perspective is subjective.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Scott winning 7 or 8 rounds. Scott couldnt outbox Fury the way he did Glaz. Fury is too big and has a very good jab so will probably outbox Scott. I reckon Fury by late stoppage here. Fury would definitely be favorite

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think its a stretch to say Scott 'dominated' Glazkov in any fashion, big time styles clash. I had Glaz on more effective punching and body work by about 2,3 points.

Fury is a walking trivia question living on a fast ticking 15 minutes of fame, sorry but thats what I see. I just dont know if Scott is offense minded and willing enough to set his feet and punch between his predictable delivery to keep that mass and maul from wearing his legs down.
    "He celebrated in the ring following a DOMINATING 10 round performance over Vyacheslav Glazkov, perhaps thinking he'd finally shed the eight round fighter label. But then the judges intervened and crashed the party with their verdict."

"Scott cleanly out-boxed, outclassed and out smarted the 2008 super heavyweight bronze medalist from the Ukraine, but had to settle for a draw...."

"Scott displayd an excellent jab and looked the part of a legitimate heavyweight contender. But on this night, he was no match for the judges."

-
    Ring Magazine (June 2013)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    For sure a good matchup, and I'd have Scott by a fairly wide UD as well. Thing is having not gotten the decision in his last fight, and being obscure as it was, Scott brings nothing to the table.

I really don't think it can be overstated just how bad Fury actually is myself. He will get whipped the second he fights anyone near his size who is remotely decent. I realize the division is a wasteland and thats only a handful of guys, but I'm saying even people like Arreola or Helenius could well ice him in a round. I actually hope they just go ahead and put him in with Wlad sooner than later, it would be a really funny KO.
    I agree with you about Fury, he has the size, the heart, the power but not the chin or the boxing ability. It's too bad really because he has the confidence and is willing to fight anyone. Like you said, he's doomed when he gets close to the top.

El Kabong Guest

Tyson Fury should SHOULD be able to handle Scott. You just have to find the target & land, don't gun for the KO, let the KO come to you. IMO it would be no different than the Kevin Johnson fight.

I DO think Malik Scott could take out Magomed Abdusalamov thought....that guy is primed for a loss

Thread Information