Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan's chin

I thought I'd bring this up as people (including myself) have banged on about how poor Khan's chin is but at 140, Garcia is the only guy who has been able to crack it and Khan has been in with some top notch opposition at 140. It isn't the best chin but people make out like it is one of the worst in boxing when the truth is that there are plenty who have a worse chin who don't get anywhere near as bad a reputation for it. Do you think people exaggerate how bad it is or do you think their argument is fully justified?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan's chin

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I thought I'd bring this up as people (including myself) have banged on about how poor Khan's chin is but at 140, Garcia is the only guy who has been able to crack it and Khan has been in with some top notch opposition at 140. It isn't the best chin but people make out like it is one of the worst in boxing when the truth is that there are plenty who have a worse chin who don't get anywhere near as bad a reputation for it. Do you think people exaggerate how bad it is or do you think their argument is fully justified?
    Amir Kkah is chinny... Garcia punches averagely hard... get the hell over it!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of people just don't like Amir Khan full stop ..My guess would be because he represents being a Muslim as well as the United Kingdom. I went to see him at the M.E.N against Barrera and was unfortunate enough to sit next to a couple of racist idiots from Leeds who where there to see Khan get Knocked out shouting racist comments.

I don't think Americans have much of a fan base for Pakistani Muslim boxers either, Maybe that's why he has such a glass chin.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does very little wrong so his chin is mentioned a lot because unfortunately that is his only weakness.... oh and texting

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fights with high anxiety and at times that will get you half way to being buzzed. A chin made of Legos will do the rest. Even against Molina whila sticking to a good plan he looked like he was walking on hot coals. Mentally the thought of being pole axed twice will be present.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the fact he went against tough opposition, he did after all if you recall call out Bradley, but Bradley held out for Pacquiao. I honestly like his determination to fight so many...That being said his fighting style just screams "counter me with a check hook."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's worse than you think. Watch the start of the Maidana and Peterson fights. From the first bell Khan is easily outboxing both guys. His hands and feet are far faster and he's in a completely different class. Then he gets clocked for the first time and it's like after that he's permanently buzzed, enough so his speed advantage disappears.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan will protect his chin and be less reckless when boxing following the strict instructions from his new trainer. Khan did take the bombs of Maidana, both Prescott and Garcia can punch so there is no shame in getting knocked out by these guys. He just has to stop getting hit in the first place.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Khan will protect his chin and be less reckless when boxing following the strict instructions from his new trainer. Khan did take the bombs of Maidana, both Prescott and Garcia can punch so there is no shame in getting knocked out by these guys. He just has to stop getting hit in the first place.
    Once you get clocked your natural fighting instincts come out, it's happened to every fighter that has tried to overhaul their style, under pressure and under fire is where the cracks show.

I didn't like him being a gob shyte saying things like he would beat mayweather over 4 rounds when he first turned pro and he's not matured at all

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Once you get clocked your natural fighting instincts come out, it's happened to every fighter that has tried to overhaul their style, under pressure and under fire is where the cracks show.

I didn't like him being a gob shyte saying things like he would beat mayweather over 4 rounds when he first turned pro and he's not matured at all
    Give him time he is only 26.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    A lot of people just don't like Amir Khan full stop ..My guess would be because he represents being a Muslim as well as the United Kingdom. I went to see him at the M.E.N against Barrera and was unfortunate enough to sit next to a couple of racist idiots from Leeds who where there to see Khan get Knocked out shouting racist comments.

I don't think Americans have much of a fan base for Pakistani Muslim boxers either, Maybe that's why he has such a glass chin.
    I agree some of it comes down to this. But I doubt there are much idiots like this on this site. I dont like him one bit. He comes across as a prick and Ive also heard him say if he was from Pakistan hed be a super star and I hate cunts who play the race card. He showed no humbleness in defeat and I dont think he does himself any favours when trying to win fans.

Dont get me wrong I enjoy his fights, he is one of the most skilled boxers around and his fights are exciting but I dont think id ever cheer him own.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that it's exaggerated, his issue is that he has absolutely no recovery when he gets caught bad, he gets up and shows heart, but the guillotine has been released and its a matter of time before he's finished.

If Amir had stayed undefeated, he wouldn't be the draw that he is, simpley because he'd of stayed careful to stay undefeated.

Prescott was a bad match up for khan, he is a big puncher plus he's taller with a bigger reach. Prescott isn't the most skilful, but he has the power to stop fights with a single punch.

Peterson fight was a joke, I still had khan well up after the point deductions.

And Garcia was being out classed with ease until khan engaged in a brawl that Garcia was always going to win.

Khan is as exciting as he is because he goes into territory that can cost him a loss, when in my book he really doesn't have to, he would have beat Garcia had he stayed careful and done what he did in the first 2 rounds but the fight would have probably stunk up the place.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 04-27-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I agree that it's exaggerated. His issue is that he has absolutely no recovery when he gets caught bad.

If Amir had stayed undefeated, he wouldn't be the draw that he is, simpley because he'd of stayed careful to stay undefeated.

Prescott was a bad match up for khan, Prescott is a big puncher plus he's taller with a bigger reach. Prescott isn't the most skilful, he has the power to stop fights with a single punch.

And Garcia was being out classed with ease until khan engaged in a brawl that Garcia was always going to win.

Khan is as exciting as he is because he goes into territory that can cost him a loss, when in my book he really doesn't have to, he would have beat Garcia had he stayed careful, but the fight would have probably stunk up the place.
    Mayweather can do this. Is this the main difference between the 2? Mayweather obviously has a better chin tho

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I agree that it's exaggerated. His issue is that he has absolutely no recovery when he gets caught bad.

Prescott was a bad match up for khan, Prescott is a big puncher plus he's taller with a bigger reach. Prescott isn't the most skilful, he has the power to stop fights with a single punch.

Khan is as exciting as he is because he goes into territory that can cost him a loss, when in my book he really doesn't have to, he would have beat Garcia had he stayed careful, but the fight would have probably stunk up the place.
    Mayweather can do this. Is this the main difference between the 2? Mayweather obviously has a better chin tho
    I dunno about his chin, but I never watch Mayweather fights now, they are far too boring.

How he sells so much on ppv is beyond me.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People forget Khan was rocked at lightweight...

I give Amir respect for stopping Judah... well, controversially.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information