Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientific Fraud

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Scientific Fraud

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/ma...anted=all&_r=0

Well....well.....well....another "Respected Scientist" gets nabbed cheating the facts. Take a long hard look at what this guys studied and think about if there are (of course there are) agenda driven "scientists" out there.

Diederik Stapel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You look at that and you look at "Climategate" Climatic Research Unit email controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and all of a sudden Scientists go from very trusted, smart people working to better humanity to lazy, lying, manipulative, selfish bastards looking for grant money.

Shit like this is why I don't buy into Anthropogenic Global Warming for 1 damn second ESPECIALLY when you have people say "The science is settled".....that's my warning flag, that's when I say there are more questions to be asked & answered.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scientific Fraud

2 + 2 = 4 not 5
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is deplorable that a topic such as global warming is used by unscrupulous scientists to further a personal, economic agenda. People who get caught in these practices should be subjected to the harshest penalties permissible under the law. They are playing with people's lives, psyche, and other factors for their own greedy purposes.

The unfortunate fallout is that the real problem gets obscured... and people turn their attention away from the need to exercise environmental responsibility. Here's a couple of passages from your link, Lyle, which I feel summarize some of the major points:

"Inquiries and reports

Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.[15] The scientific consensus that global warming is occurring as a result of human activity remained unchanged by the end of the investigations.[17] However, the reports urged the scientists to avoid any such allegations in the future, and to regain public confidence following this media storm, with "more efforts than ever to make available all their supporting data - right down to the computer codes they use - to allow their findings to be properly verified". Climate scientists and organisations pledged to improve scientific research and collaboration with other researchers by improving data management and opening up access to data, and to honour any freedom of information requests that relate to climate science.[16]"

Obviously, if anything, "Climategate" has shown us that you can't just give scientists carte blanche when it comes to informing the rest of humanity on issues regarding the current and future state of the planet. They need some accountability, as well as a good deal of transparency regarding their facts and figures. In a sense, it's a good thing that this happened, because otherwise the lies and manipulation would've remained unchecked and would've created unnecessary panic.

Still, the need to be concerned to some extent remains.

A. A. Leiserowitz, Director of the Yale University Project on Climate Change, and colleagues found in 2010 that:
    Climategate had a significant effect on public beliefs in global warming and trust in scientists. The loss of trust in scientists, however, was primarily among individuals with a strongly individualistic worldview or politically conservative ideology. Nonetheless, Americans overall continue to trust scientists more than other sources of information about global warming.
    [6]
    Because of a few bad apples, the public has lost some trust in these scientists in general. Which is too bad, because not everything about global warming is a fabricated lie. There are some well-meaning scientists out there who know more about climate change and the environment than you or me..... and they should not be stripped of all credibility because of some greedy idiots.

Phhhhht...... humans.

We can't leave well enough alone without fucking everything up.

El Kabong Guest

Yes and to add to your point no one in the Science community is shunned like those who seek to point out flaws in studies that attempt to prove anthropogenic Global Warming.

Also I would like to remind those looking to politicize science that science is not something you vote on, science is not something that's decided by a "consensus" which lots of people attempt to cite to bully others into believing.

“Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself — Climate is beyond our power to control…Earth doesn’t care about governments or their legislation. You can’t find much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without asking anyone’s permission or explaining itself.” — Nobel Prize-Winning Stanford University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 1998, and was formerly a research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims – Challenge UN IPCC & Gore | Climate Depot

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My concern is that this mentality can be carried to an extreme also. Think about it. Those who oppose any kind of environmental responsibility can now use "Climategate" as a crutch to do whatever the hell they please with the environment, with energy sources, and with all natural resources. And IMO that's not healthy either.

I know I get accused of "fence-straddling" for taking the middle ground. But this is yet another topic where either extreme is harmful. Being an alarmist who goes running out into the street yelling "The sky's falling! The sky's falling!"...... is just as bad as those who drill, extract, cut down, squeeze, and pollute the shit out of everything in their path because, what the hell..... THEY won't be around in another 50 years.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    My concern is that this mentality can be carried to an extreme also. Think about it. Those who oppose any kind of environmental responsibility can now use "Climategate" as a crutch to do whatever the hell they please with the environment, with energy sources, and with all natural resources. And IMO that's not healthy either.

I know I get accused of "fence-straddling" for taking the middle ground. But this is yet another topic where either extreme is harmful. Being an alarmist who goes running out into the street yelling "The sky's falling! The sky's falling!"...... is just as bad as those who drill, extract, cut down, squeeze, and pollute the shit out of everything in their path because, what the hell..... THEY won't be around in another 50 years.
    Who wants to do that? Companies want to drill and do so responsibly why do they get hamstrung by what MIGHT happen? I guess I shouldn't do my job because I MIGHT mess up and get sued, let's collectively never take another chance ever again because that's how big things happen after all

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Who wants to do that? Companies want to drill and do so responsibly why do they get hamstrung by what MIGHT happen? I guess I shouldn't do my job because I MIGHT mess up and get sued, let's collectively never take another chance ever again because that's how big things happen after all

Two letters: BP
    'Nough said.

El Kabong Guest

'Nough said.
    Yeah I completely forgot that they were elated that theu spilled that oil rather than get it, refine it, and sell it....I mean pfffffft what kind of a business plan is SELLING OIL?!?!?! Who makes money selling oil? I mean it's ridiculous....but spills....oh yeah paying off lawsuits, yup...HUGE bank right there man......do try to be that stupid or does it just come naturally?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Nough said.
    Yeah I completely forgot that they were elated that theu spilled that oil rather than get it, refine it, and sell it....I mean pfffffft what kind of a business plan is SELLING OIL?!?!?! Who makes money selling oil? I mean it's ridiculous....but spills....oh yeah paying off lawsuits, yup...HUGE bank right there man......do try to be that stupid or does it just come naturally?

Fuck you and your anti-environmental mentality, Lyle.
    Stupid enough for you?

El Kabong Guest

'Nough said.

Stupid enough for you?
    Its a great thing that I bought all that BP stock right before they had that oil spill.....MAKE IT RAIN BITCHES!!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Nough said.

Stupid enough for you?
    Its a great thing that I bought all that BP stock right before they had that oil spill.....MAKE IT RAIN BITCHES!!!!

Good buy.
    No matter how bad they fuck up and screw the environment, they're untouchable.
    Safer than government bonds.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Global warming exists. That is a fact and last time I checked facts are not false. And again nothing is more obvious especially here in the North. When I moved here just 25 years ago humidity did not exist.
    Now it rides at 90 and even in the winter. It used to be 40 below at times for weeks. Now we might hit -35 a few days a winter. The snowfall has been increasing pretty much every year and not just a little bit. I'll probably have snow in my yard until June. Last year an ice sheet fell of Greenland twice the size of Texas. Now maybe its a natural cycle but there is very little doubt that our activities as a species are helping it along.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Global warming exists. That is a fact and last time I checked facts are not false. And again nothing is more obvious especially here in the North. When I moved here just 25 years ago humidity did not exist.
    Now it rides at 90 and even in the winter. It used to be 40 below at times for weeks. Now we might hit -35 a few days a winter. The snowfall has been increasing pretty much every year and not just a little bit. I'll probably have snow in my yard until June. Last year an ice sheet fell of Greenland twice the size of Texas. Now maybe its a natural cycle but there is very little doubt that our activities as a species are helping it along.
    Oh so it IS warming then?

Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown | Reuters

....or is it cooling?

No WONDER they changed Global COOLING to Global WARMING then to the all encompassing CLIMATE CHANGE as if the climate was ever static to begin with. It is very difficult to keep up with which one we're supposed to believe in.....do I release MORE CO2 or LESS which is it man?!?!?!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

The ice sheet didn't fall off, IamInuit. It was separated from Greenland in a series of orchestrated, clandestine detonations.... meticulously planned by the SSGWA (Secret Society of Global Warning Agitators). To make it look like the effects of global warming. The rise of temperatures in Canada are more difficult to explain... but it is thought that they, too, are the result of ultra-secret temperature altering technology that has fallen into the hands of the SSGWA.

El Kabong Guest

The ice sheet didn't fall off, IamInuit. It was separated from Greenland in a series of orchestrated, clandestine detonations.... meticulously planned by the SSGWA (Secret Society of Global Warning Agitators). To make it look like the effects of global warming. The rise of temperatures in Canada are more difficult to explain... but it is thought that they, too, are the result of ultra-secret temperature altering technology that has fallen into the hands of the SSGWA.
    Yes, mock me because I'm not jumping at the chance to believe the bullshit "scientists" have been CAUGHT LYING ABOUT....please, you were saying

Thread Information