Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: my coaches dont like the way of i fight

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    What you are trying to do is fascinating to me. I've never seen Jimmy Wilde fight, but from what I've read and some still pictures I've seen I picture his style kind of like what you are doing.
    If I were your trainer we would get to work on your feet; you get them in bad spots too often and this keeps you from punching with leverage. There is no point in making them miss if you don't counter, so that would be something else we would work on, slip and counter, and, when you counter, punch for real. We would address all the wasted motion and hyper-activity. You may have energy to burn in 3 rounds, but you don't waste it as your fights get longer.
    A big thank for you just reminding me why I box like that.

As an Asian, I am way too light compared to normal Aussie bloke. I have to spar with guys far more bigger than me. Otherwise, I wouldnt have sparring partner at all. To be beat up by overwhelmed power quite often, I have to work out something out of the box. Every punch I throw, I try to slip or step to left or right to maximize punching power and stay away from counter. Keep moving while punching to the spot which make them really uncomfortable. Staying in front of bigger guys and exchanging punches is the last thing I want to do. For me, the straight punches are not quite effective against these big guys with longer reach. I have to throw punches from very weird angle to counter or surprise them. One example is sometimes I drop the right hand on purpose and give them something to shoot, I throw cross from under to counter as soon as I see the left hook or jab coming. Otherwise I would not have chance to get close.

Sometimes these technique work and everyone is impressed, sometimes I still got beat up really badly.

I guess that is how Jimmy Wilde fight against bigger boxers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Anybody with an ounce of footwork who can jab a bit will give you all kinds of trouble, luckily for you the other kid could do neither. Master the basics, get a more complete boxing brain and THEN try to be clever.
    so true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have potential. Don't squander it by not learning the textbook and by fighting that way.

Thread Information