Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How DO we beat Mayweather?

Leonard, Robison and Tommy Hearns with technical skills, speed, height, power and greatness.

Shane that beat ODH,
    ODH that beat Vargas
    Vernon Forrest that beat Shane
    Tito that destroyed Blocker
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Leonard, Robison and Tommy Hearns with technical skills, speed, height, power and greatness.

Shane that beat ODH,
    ODH that beat Vargas
    No Duran then? No Whittaker?....I think the Duran that beat Leonard would bust up just about anyone and let's remember he's the GREATEST lightweight of All-Time....and Pernell is probably #2 of the "modern era". The Mayorga that demolished Forrest? Yes he was crude and raw, but had a great chin and was brave in the ring

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no real answer. Maybe top quality boxers and trainers have tried to figure it out, so I doubt a bunch of dicks on a message board will find the equation.

I have to laugh at people who think Oscar found a "formula"... he got taken to school.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    No Duran then? No Whittaker?....I think the Duran that beat Leonard would bust up just about anyone and let's remember he's the GREATEST lightweight of All-Time....and Pernell is probably #2 of the "modern era". The Mayorga that demolished Forrest? Yes he was crude and raw, but had a great chin and was brave in the ring
    I say Pernell schools Duran, but that's, like, just my opinion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stiff jab and a fast counter left hook for his straight. Someone mentioned De La Hoya and I agree whenever he used the jab he was neutralizing Floyd for the round.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane that beat ODH,
    ODH that beat Vargas
    Also add winky that beat Shane and Tito

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    There's no real answer. Maybe top quality boxers and trainers have tried to figure it out, so I doubt a bunch of dicks on a message board will find the equation.

I have to laugh at people who think Oscar found a "formula"... he got taken to school.
    Rewatch the first few rounds before he pooped out lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You wait for him to get old and slower.

Then you storm him and just charge through his punches.

Someone like Alvarez or Broner will give him fits in a couple years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't fall into the trap thinking that you automatically have to chase the guy around because that's the only way to beat him. Keep just outside of his range and make Floyd come to you. As perfect as his fans make him out to be, Floyd still leaps in with his lead left hooks and straight right hands. When you see him with his back heel raised, rear foot toes pointed at you and weight on his front foot your pretty much guaranteed two things will happen - he'll either counter your jab with the pull counter right or if you freeze and don't throw he'll leap in with the lead right hand. At least double up on the jab, throw the first at his head then the second at his right shoulder to disrupt the incoming right. Finish it off with with a right uppercut as you know Floyd always ducks after throwing the right hand then weaves away to your blindside. When he's engaged in his shoulder roll defense move to his left and land jabs to the belly and shoulder as you know that his left hook is pretty much disabled whilst his left arm protects his body. Every now and then throw a left hook to the body off the jab then smother and push him to the ropes. Do what Cotto did when he's there - if you can't land any power punches throw sneaky, short, jolting jabs on the inside. It's the closest punch to him and he won't expect it plus it will disrupt his vision and balance enough for you to start landing body punches. Just don't step straight back out into range like Cotto did after you've finished your work unless you want to eat a barrage of right hands and left uppercuts When Floyd's raising the shoulder fake the right hand then throw it as he tries to counter it with his own. Doesn't have to be hard just another quick, jolting punch that will disrupt his vision again just enough for you to set up some left hooks to the body and head. When Floyd puts on the earmuffs he's inviting you to jab his body which he will then jab over the top of. Feint a jab there then follow up with the overhand right. This is something you can also do when he gets in that "sprinting" position I mentioned earlier but you want to straighten the right so that you can land earlier than his. Floyd also has a habit of raisin his chin when he jabs. If you stay outside of range this will happen even more as he has to leap in to land it. Let him leap in with a few jabs then slip inside and throw the left uppercut. The way to beat a counterpuncher is to force him to lead and therefore pull him out of his comfort zone. Feints, staying on the outside and not being afraid to stink out the place more than him will help alot more than playing the bull because everyone expects it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Shane that beat ODH,
    ODH that beat Vargas
    Definately agree with the Duran comment especially if that Duran fought the Mayweather of a few years ago. Floyd's bulked up and seems alot stronger recently but if they were to fight a while back I just see Duran walking him down then mauling him. It would be like the Cotto fight but Duran would be alot more wiley on the inside. No way do I see him stepping straight back out and letting Floyd top any of the work he did on the inside. Plus Duran had very underrated defense even when moving forward and was a great counterpuncher in his own right.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just rewatched the first 5 of the may vs judah fight. judah kept the jab in floyds face and frustrated floyd. He even scored a kd in round 2 with a counter shot. He also caught floyd quite a few time with counter uppercuts after floyd would through the right hand. If zab had kept this up he wouldve won that fight...but we all know what happened.

so to beat floyd you need to throw the jab to keep him guarding and slip the straight in. you also need to be fast enough to counter him. YOu have to also not be afraid to mix it up with him and give him no respect. I think the best thing zab was doing was throwing the jab. He barley landed anything with the jab but the straights and counters gave floyd trouble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    I just rewatched the first 5 of the may vs judah fight. judah kept the jab in floyds face and frustrated floyd. He even scored a kd in round 2 with a counter shot. He also caught floyd quite a few time with counter uppercuts after floyd would through the right hand. If zab had kept this up he wouldve won that fight...but we all know what happened.

so to beat floyd you need to throw the jab to keep him guarding and slip the straight in. you also need to be fast enough to counter him. YOu have to also not be afraid to mix it up with him and give him no respect. I think the best thing zab was doing was throwing the jab. He barley landed anything with the jab but the straights and counters gave floyd trouble.
    Yes the first five rounds from Judah were great. From what I remember he was out counterpunching Floyd until Floyd raised the tempo of the fight and stopped Judah from getting settled enough to time him. He actually started to walk down Judah behind a high guard instead of trying to box him in the middle of the ring and Zab just didn't have the same depth of game to match him. That was an awesome performance by both fighters

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 part wishful thinking, 1 part praying for Father time and 1 part Jose Luis Castillo

Or just win more than 3 clear rounds and call it a moral victory

Or borrow Al's baseball bat

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Something I though would work is not going forward.

Going on the back foot and refusing to fight Floyd unless he walks to you.

It would make the fight stink, which essentially hurts Floyd's money/sales of his next fight, so I Imagine he'd come forward to try and make some excitement and make the fans stop booing, then he may be open.

But it's farfetched.

If anyone knew the answer mate, someone would have done it. Quite simply, even at 36, he's unbeatable.

That's from someone who doesn't like him very much.
    Are you suggesting someone use the old Cory Spinks method?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information