1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My current P4P list...

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    P4p is an oxymoron. Like postal worker. Its a favourite list and no offense to the author. I mean how does a close to 7 foot 250 pound guy even appear on it? Does Wlad get away with his practices under heavyweight? I suppose if he was close to 7 ft tall and a lightweight he would dominate. Where is Gonzalez? How does Manny lose a fight against Marquez and barely make the top ten. P4p is boxing by drive through.
    @IamInuit if it was a favorite list JMM would be #1. I'd also have Mikey Garcia somewhere in there.
    I tried to just view them as individual fighters based on the 3 things I listed which again are win/lose, performance & accomplishments.
    I don't use the criteria of who beats who in order to determine p4p rankings. I think that's what you maybe thinking.

For example: Wlad is rated higher than Rigondeaux based on my criteria however p4p matchup between those 2 if they both weighed the same I'd rate Rigondeaux higher then Wlad.

As I stated above with Nonito hanging by the hair of his chinny chin chin both Froch & Roman Gonzalez have a shot at that 10 spot. 2 division champ, quality of opposition is pretty good and his performances have been good as well. It will depend on how they both do. Gonzalez is set to make his debut at Super Flyweight and will attempt a 3rd title either late this year or early next.

Again this plays into the fashion in which he lost. As noted above wether we like it or not the loss to Bradley effects his ranking but not too harsh. He goes on to get KO'd in spectacular fashion but because he was so high up he stays in. I have seen him not listed at all. Me personally he still belongs in there.
    This is exactly how I would line up my P4P and what I've always thought it should be based on. If they were all in the same weight division.

If that were the case, the Klits wouldn't even get close to division domination, Ward, Floyd and JMM would be all at the top and IMO Rigondeaux would probably make a fool out of nearly everyone.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I disagree with the statement that the top 3 have an argument for the #1 spot. Hard to argue Floyd is #1 based on his achievements, plus he has beaten JMM who you have at 3rd and Ward is active at the moment. Wlad should be higher on the list of the same reason. I may hate him, but he is dominating the division and has the monopoly on every belt bar the one his brother is holding. Also Mares is way too high on the list and I think Sergio should slip a bit. Other than that you have my seal of approval that you craved from the moment you started this thread.
    Ward is active?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you put heavyweights on your p4p list generally (some people don't), than right now is a time to have Wladimir on your list. He's cleaned out an entire division. He beat Haye, his main competition, in one-sided fashion, and he hasn't lost a fight, let alone round, in years. In addition, he's unified multiple belts. He has to be on the list. He has done more than Broner by far. Think about that.
    @CutMeMick - I like the Mares call. I'm just not sure I have in as high as you. I also don't think Nonito drops off completely, so like you, I would rate him at the bottom of the list, or just outside the top ten. Donaire has done more than Broner by far.

By beating Donaire, a legit top 5 p4p talent, who has been ranked that high for a number of years, Rigo enters the list. A win over Donaire is better than anything Broner has done by far.

Sergio slips a little bit due to his performance against Murray, but he's still top ten. I view Bradley the same way.

Bottom line is that I like your list.

I thought Canelo's win over Trout was a big win. It impressed. It puts him in the ranking, maybe just outside of the top ten, but very close.

By the way, I don't think a win over Paulie earns Broner a spot in the top ten either by the way. Did it for Khan? I realize Broner is coming up in weight, but it's not like he's taking on a top welterweight. Paulie arguably lost his last fight.

A win over Kessler, would put Froch on my list, and honestly, likewise for Kessler, or just outside top ten for Kessler.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you really look at Wlad's resume, he's done as much or more than almost anybody on the list. He's made a lot of solid fighters look like shit.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    1/ Ward..this guy has fought the best fighters..hands down.
    2/ May.. It's hard to keep may atop when ur fighting Guerrero..old Cotto.. old Mosely.. Ortiz
    3/ JMM.. KO'ed Pac.. enough said... continuously fights
    4/ Wlad Klit.. over 10 title defenses
    5/ Froch... solid p4p'er.
    6/ Sergio Martinez... keeps winning
    7/ Vitali...no one can beat him
    8/ Danny Garcia... undefeated undisputed champ
    9/ Bradley... solid p4p'er
    10/ mikey Garcia... future star
    I really like your post with the exception that Mares should be in place of Danny Garcia ( no real big wins)

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    The is crazy subjective so I'll go ahead with my crazy subjective list. With as poor as Martinez looked last time out, I can't puthim in the top five simply because he looked so average against an average fighter in Murray. You could say the exact same for Timothy Bradley, he should have lost his last two bouts!I couldn't in good faith put Bradley above Pacquiao because Pacquiao beat Bradley and only a couple judges felt differently. Pound for Pound lsnt about Who yoave beat exclusively , its about how good you looked doing so.

1. Floyd
    2. ward
    3. JMM
    4. Pacquiao
    5-Mares
    6.Rigondeaux
    7. Gonzalez
    8-Donaire
    9.Broner
    10. Bradley
    How can you have Pac in top P4P after two consecutive losses. The last being brutal. I feel he won the Bradley fight but we have to go by the official records and he received an "L". Same rule applies as Pac's controversial wins vs JMM in fights 2 & 3.

Thread Information