Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 50 ways to live life to its full

Life, friends, is boring. We must not say so.
    After all, the sky flashes, the great sea yearns,
    we ourselves flash and yearn,
    and moreover my mother told me as a boy
    (repeatingly) "Ever to confess you're bored
    means you have no

Inner Resources." I conclude now I have no
    inner resources, because I am heavy bored.
    Peoples bore me,
    literature bores me, especially great literature,
    Henry bores me, with his plights & gripes
    as bad as Achilles,

who loves people and valiant art, which bores me.
    And the tranquil hills, & gin, look like a drag
    and somehow a dog
    has taken itself & its tail considerably away
    into the mountains or sea or sky, leaving
    behind: me, wag.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    "Broad are ways that lead to destruction, narrow is the way that leads to light"

there is ONLY one way, it is - Jesus.
    You related to Andre Ward?
    yes, to Ward, Manny , Floyd, Evander, Ray, Roy, and of course, Big George. Winners, so to speak, not looser. R u feeling me here, pal?
    As if Jesus would belittle himself and undo all his hard work by condoning violence rather than turning the other cheek, or empower men whose whole persona is wrapped up in the pursuit of money rather than rendering what is Ceasars unto Ceasar. I don't even believe in Jesus but the idea that he is in any way responsible for somebody winning a boxing match is ridiculous and shows a complete ignorance of what he supposedly preached.
    Yeah well you are right there: Jesus Christ wasnt even a name back then.
    In that area, Yeshua was the real name. Jesus came from the Greek translation a century on. So you wont ever find his adopted name in the records of Romes executed.
    In that real sense, I dont believe in Jesus either.

One other meaning lost in other countries translations and ways of turn the other cheek is somewhat different in regards to slave and master. If a soldier or other person struck you on both sides of your face it was a challenge to a dual a fight to the death. If that same soldier or slave owner struck you once, it was in direct ownership of you.So to turn the other cheek could make you equal to them (if they took the offer up in anger).

Just saying; not everything is cut and dried when you localize the history.

Same goes for the thief in the night verse. Thieves in those times came from the desert regions and would come banging swords and screaming into villages, on a desert night you could hear them coming and you could get out of there with plenty of warning.
    The thieves wanted your cattle and stuff, not a fight to the death.

So the Lord coming like a thief in the night takes on the old meaning from when it was written not like modern times. It was a warning of the signs that increase prior to an event.
    Last edited by Andre; 05-11-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything to do with water is theraputic ( spelling Andre ) ?? Pool, beach, jet sking, deep sea diving, cold shower, etc etc.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    Anything to do with water is therapeutic ( spelling Andre ) ?? Pool, beach, jet sking, deep sea diving, cold shower, etc etc.
    Why me?

We've all got instant spell check on here. You just right click and then left click correct anything thats red underlined.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    "Broad are ways that lead to destruction, narrow is the way that leads to light"

yes, to Ward, Manny , Floyd, Evander, Ray, Roy, and of course, Big George. Winners, so to speak, not looser. R u feeling me here, pal?
    As if Jesus would belittle himself and undo all his hard work by condoning violence rather than turning the other cheek, or empower men whose whole persona is wrapped up in the pursuit of money rather than rendering what is Ceasars unto Ceasar. I don't even believe in Jesus but the idea that he is in any way responsible for somebody winning a boxing match is ridiculous and shows a complete ignorance of what he supposedly preached.
    In that area, Yeshua was the real name. Jesus came from the Greek translation a century on. So you wont ever find his adopted name in the records of Romes executed.

One other meaning lost in other countries translations and ways of turn the other cheek is somewhat different in regards to slave and master. If a soldier or other person struck you on both sides of your face it was a challenge to a dual a fight to the death. If that same soldier or slave owner struck you once, it was in direct ownership of you.So to turn the other cheek could make you equal to them (if they took the offer up in anger).

Same goes for the thief in the night verse. Thieves in those times came from the desert regions and would come banging swords and screaming into villages, on a desert night you could hear them coming and you could get out of there with plenty of warning.

So the Lord coming like a thief in the night takes on the old meaning from when it was written not like modern times. It was a warning of the signs that increase prior to an event.
    If you want to get all exegetical then perhaps context has an even greater role to play. Don't forget that Jesus was responding to the idea of "an eye for an eye" in Jewish reciprocal justice. A principle that still underlines legal precedents in many countries today. That is not a license for vengeance because the Torah does not call for maiming as a punishment but rather a payment for Damages, Pain, Medical Expenses, Incapacitation, and Mental Anguish. Compensation culture and the exploitation of it by both Lawyers and their clients then will now become another stick with which to bash the Jews.

So rightly like you said turning the other cheek could be seen as demanding equality with the Roman that struck you but the Scripture goes on to say that if he sues you for your coat give him your cloak also, and if he compels you to go a mile with him, go two.

So then Yeshua is urging his followers to go beyond Jewish law and render themselves naked (forbidden) and to cause the Roman to break their own law in compelling a Jew to go further than a Mile, something their own law forbade. He is saying that Love is greater than all of these laws and that what he preaches replaces both. You can interpret it how you like and look at at it as a representing Yeshua as freedom fighter urging his followers to free themselves from Occupied tyranny, but then you have to dismiss everything else in the same Gospels that describe him as a non-violent individual with no record of him resisting the oppressors armed against him. The Gospels contradict themselves as does the Talmud. So really it is neither here nor there. Also your insistence on using Yeshua is a bit pointless unless you want to carry on the rest of the discussion in Hebrew? My brothers are called Khalil and Ibrahim but here they are referred to as Vernon and David because they reside in an English country where English is spoken.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many of these can you tick to say you have done? I have only 15.

Stop worrying about money
    Stop worrying about what other people think
    Take 2 holidays a year
    Enjoy the little comforts
    Experience different cultures
    Work to live and not live to work
    Pay off all your debts
    Be true to yourself
    Concentrate on what you have and not on what you do not have
    Use money for fun rather than a rainy day
    Make time for family and friends
    Try all types of food
    Find true love
    Travel to at least 25 foreign countries
    Go outside more
    Learn a new language
    Be well thought of by family and friends
    Help your family when they are in need
    Lose 1 stone (6kg) in weight
    Treat each day as if it is your last
    Visit all historical landmarks
    Book an impulsive last minute holiday
    Volunteer for charity
    Take up a challenge
    Go on safari
    Blow money shopping
    Learn a new instrument
    Be married for longer than 20 years
    Save money for your grand children to enjoy
    Start a family
    Earn more than your age
    Have a pet
    Drive a fast car
    Travel alone
    Keep children on the straight and narrow.
    Meet strangers
    Move away from home to an unfamiliar place
    Have a one night stand
    Pass your driving test
    Get a degree
    Rescue someone so you become a hero
    Date someone exciting but completely wrong
    Get a promotion
    Reach your career peak by 40
    Have an all night drinking session
    Perform on stage in front of others
    Snog a stranger
    Plan a surprise party
    Embark on an adrenaline packed activity such as bungee jumping
    Keep young by spending time with children

trying my best but falling short on this list

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

If you want to get all exegetical then perhaps context has an even greater role to play. Don't forget that Jesus was responding to the idea of "an eye for an eye" in Jewish reciprocal justice. A principle that still underlines legal precedents in many countries today. That is not a license for vengeance because the Torah does not call for maiming as a punishment but rather a payment for Damages, Pain, Medical Expenses, Incapacitation, and Mental Anguish. Compensation culture and the exploitation of it by both Lawyers and their clients then will now become another stick with which to bash the Jews.

So rightly like you said turning the other cheek could be seen as demanding equality with the Roman that struck you but the Scripture goes on to say that if he sues you for your coat give him your cloak also, and if he compels you to go a mile with him, go two.

So then Yeshua is urging his followers to go beyond Jewish law and render themselves naked (forbidden) and to cause the Roman to break their own law in compelling a Jew to go further than a Mile, something their own law forbade. He is saying that Love is greater than all of these laws and that what he preaches replaces both. You can interpret it how you like and look at at it as a representing Yeshua as freedom fighter urging his followers to free themselves from Occupied tyranny, but then you have to dismiss everything else in the same Gospels that describe him as a non-violent individual with no record of him resisting the oppressors armed against him. The Gospels contradict themselves as does the Talmud. So really it is neither here nor there. Also your insistence on using Yeshua is a bit pointless unless you want to carry on the rest of the discussion in Hebrew? My brothers are called Khalil and Ibrahim but here they are referred to as Vernon and David because they reside in an English country where English is spoken.
    The Greeks named him Jesus they didnt have a Y sound to get their tongue around.

There are a few viable points to that.

People who search for Jesus Christ in the records havent a hope of finding anyone by that name so they are correct in that he never existed.

People who think they use the name in vein are not, so I suppose thats a win win.

I dont believe in what was written in the New testament as being total gospel. I belive it was pulled apart and reconstructed over some 70 years by Romes high priests to come into line with their version of a religion of control.

As you say the whole thing now contradicts itself.

You have stated you dont believe in any of it.

I dont believe in the version of it you were once taught to believe in as I see that as the worship of the false image of God. It has certainly trapped the larger % of the masses as was warned about.
    I do like Revelations though, that was so far past Romes priests, they left it alone.

Ive read that bit about tithing too, give them the coat off your own back not the spare one etc.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with that 100%.

Although, if someone is mentally, spiritually and physically in harmony they may have an advantage to getting in the zone faster.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post