Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did "The Ghost" throw the fight???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did "The Ghost" throw the fight???

I was very disappointed with Guerrero’s performance but do not think he threw the fight. I think he accepted the easy route and pay day and did not give his all in that fight. Guerrero was hyping up the fight to get better PPV sales. Floyd is back to his boring best and he can never knock out an opponent who he cannot sucker punch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Floyd wasn't doing anything special.
    You shouldn't underestimate what Floyd does, even if it looks mundane.

Everything he does is special.

What I will say though, is that Floyd kinda did a great job of hyping up and promoting what turned out to be a glorified tune-up.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    I dunno. something smells rotten!! all the talk,"I'm gonna pound and put a major beating on Mayweather!!" It had me sold for a entertaining fight, so I bought it.

Ripped off again. Guerrero didn't do shit. He hardly tried, and seemed content to try to box with floyd ( which is retarded!!). The Ghost could have cut off Mayweather numerous times, but let him off every time it seemed. Where was this much talked about PRESSURE there wasn't none. it was 40% of the pressure I thought I would see from The Ghost. IF THAT!!! Fans were booing!!!

He totally slipped into Floyds game plan. all too willingly. how could he not give 100% trying

Guerrero Sr woulda scrapped better!!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED in The Ghost, and I'm thinking this whole fight was planned & set up for lil' Floyd. The Ghost gets a fat payday and walks away.

Vegas is just too damn corrupt for me to buy this horseshit result....
    Heard it all now. Throwing fights against fighters who will beat you 999 times out of a 1000. It's genius
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Haha, people like you are absolutely priceless. You hate Floyd so much that paid 60 dollars because you thought he might lose to a guy who was clearly never in his class and had never given any indication that he could even be competitive in the fight. Yet once it's done and you should have realized this, some sort of cognitive dissonance overcomes you to the point where you are actually suggesting Guerrero laid down. Hilarious man, really.
    Hey don't be such a dick.

I've yet to see the fight, and I doubt Guerrero threw it, but he may have/did con his way into getting the fight.
    By winning titles in 2 different divisions and than beating 2 top 10 welterweights. A lot more fighters should con there way into fights like that. Guerrero might not of belonged in the ring with Mayweather but he earned the right

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only just watched the fight and I dont get where this is coming rom at all? Im not quite sure where the 'he didnt belong in the same ring' talk is coming from either?

Early on in the fight I liked what Guerrero was doing. He was attacking Mayweather intelligently. OK he might not have had massive success but he was fighting Floyd Mayweather for Gods sake.

I kinda zoned out a bit during some middle rounds, I just cant listen to that pathetic Whooooooooo every time Mayweather landed a right hand, actually he didnt even need to land it for the pantomime fans amongst the crowd to wet their pants.

I thought Guerrero did a good job and aquited himself well. Lets not forget he was fighting one of the finest fighters ever!

By our absurd logic no one deserves to get a fight with Floyd, ever.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a bunch of nonsense. He didn't earn the fight? He's a multiple weight class champ who came up to WW and took the belt.

He threw the fight because he didn't deliver his promise? There have been 44 guys who fought Mayweather who didn't deliver their promise.

I love how it's more plausible to believe he threw the fight than to believe, hey, maybe Floyd Mayweather is actually really good at not getting hit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one is going to be happy unless floyd is in a castillo type fight (when he happend to be injured).

It shows a lack of respect for robert as well who put it all on the line in his own way.

No one knows what its like to be in the ring with someone like mayweather, and what type of sparring partners can robert get to imitate floyds movements and timing.

Roberts first sparring session was on may 4th but it happened to be the actual fight as well!

You wont see no one else doing that to guerrero and i see guerrero beating ortiz and possibly any other welterweight out there.
    Last edited by imp; 05-10-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I was very disappointed with Guerrero’s performance but do not think he threw the fight. I think he accepted the easy route and pay day and did not give his all in that fight. Guerrero was hyping up the fight to get better PPV sales. Floyd is back to his boring best and he can never knock out an opponent who he cannot sucker punch.
    yeah, midway i think guerrero realizes he has no chance of landing a good one on floyd and whenever he tries too hard he's the one who's in danger of being knocked out, so by the end of the fight you can see a content smile on guerrero having survived and taking home a nice payday.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    yeah, midway i think guerrero realizes he has no chance of landing a good one on floyd and whenever he tries too hard he's the one who's in danger of being knocked out, so by the end of the fight you can see a content smile on guerrero having survived and taking home a nice payday.
    Floyd is not knocking out a legitimate welterweight ever no matter what he says hyping a fight. He has a 5 fight contract left and he intends to look after himself and his hands.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After reading all of the disappointed reviews of the fight, I was expecting a near non effort from Guerrero.

Having watched it, now I can say Guerrero did try his ass off for about the first 7 or 8 rounds. He was roughing Floyd up the best he could on the inside and trying to counter Floyd with left hands, and being successful in spots.

After the first 8 rounds he started to lay back and let Floyd dictate the fight, but then Floyd completely took off the 12th and Guerrero pressed hard and won the round.

The thing I would criticize Guerrero for was him being as dumb as Victor Ortiz as to think that he is EVER getting a rematch and another payday. Dream on buddy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the words of Harry Hoo "Amazing"

Floyd makes every opponent look second rate, by round 3 Mayweather had already worked Guerrero out and was in cruise control. This isn't the first time, Guerrero isn't alone here.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you give any boxer a 6 fight deal they will take the easiest fights available to make the money, Eubanks and Audley did it, so is Floyd. Mayweather should be made to fight out of his comfort zone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must admit i was a bit disappointing with Guerrero.

He did looked like he came to box (with Floyed pfft)

Went down a few notches in the respect department when he started thanking God after the fight blaa blaa. Win a fight thank god <> loose a fight thank god ...Wife survives Cancer thank God ..Wife dies thank God.. Thank God for fucking anything ...

Fuck god and thank your father for not ripping one off to himself

Made Floyed Money
    Made TV money
    Made Guerrero Money
    Made Guerrero family money
    Made promoters money
    Made the public ?

Next Floyed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robert Guerrero did not throw the fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    Robert Guerrero did not throw the fight.
    But he did not try his hardest to win and settled back to collect his cheque at the end.

Thread Information