Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did "The Ghost" throw the fight???

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did "The Ghost" throw the fight???

I dunno. something smells rotten!! all the talk,"I'm gonna pound and put a major beating on Mayweather!!" It had me sold for a entertaining fight, so I bought it.

Ripped off again. Guerrero didn't do shit. He hardly tried, and seemed content to try to box with floyd ( which is retarded!!). The Ghost could have cut off Mayweather numerous times, but let him off every time it seemed. Where was this much talked about PRESSURE there wasn't none. it was 40% of the pressure I thought I would see from The Ghost. IF THAT!!! Fans were booing!!!

He totally slipped into Floyds game plan. all too willingly. how could he not give 100% trying

Guerrero Sr woulda scrapped better!!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED in The Ghost, and I'm thinking this whole fight was planned & set up for lil' Floyd. The Ghost gets a fat payday and walks away.

Vegas is just too damn corrupt for me to buy this horseshit result....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did "The Ghost" throw the fight???

Haha, people like you are absolutely priceless. You hate Floyd so much that paid 60 dollars because you thought he might lose to a guy who was clearly never in his class and had never given any indication that he could even be competitive in the fight. Yet once it's done and you should have realized this, some sort of cognitive dissonance overcomes you to the point where you are actually suggesting Guerrero laid down. Hilarious man, really.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Haha, people like you are absolutely priceless. You hate Floyd so much that paid 60 dollars because you thought he might lose to a guy who was clearly never in his class and had never given any indication that he could even be competitive in the fight. Yet once it's done and you should have realized this, some sort of cognitive dissonance overcomes you to the point where you are actually suggesting Guerrero laid down. Hilarious man, really.
    Hey don't be such a dick.

I've yet to see the fight, and I doubt Guerrero threw it, but he may have/did con his way into getting the fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

I've yet to see the fight, and I doubt Guerrero threw it, but he may have/did con his way into getting the fight.

Don't think I really am being one, its just the reality of this. If Guerrero wasn't worthy of the fight beforehand that's even less reason to buy it, surely? Meanwhile this is a post from a guy who claims to HATE Mayweather on a personal level, while he is exactly the guy making him so much money regardless of the opponents he picks. The irony is funny to me, that's all.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think I really am being one, its just the reality of this. If Guerrero wasn't worthy of the fight beforehand that's even less reason to buy it, surely? Meanwhile this is a post from a guy who claims to HATE Mayweather on a personal level, while he is exactly the guy making him so much money regardless of the opponents he picks. The irony is funny to me, that's all.
    First of all, yes you were being a dick.
    Secondly, look up the definition of irony, it's a tricky word and commonly misused.

The guy probably didn't mean that Guerrero threw it for Floyd to win, he likely meant that maybe Guerrero just accept losing for the decent payday without getting hurt or knocked out.

Didn't seem the usual from him, and Floyd wasn't doing anything special.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Secondly, look up the definition of irony, it's a tricky word and commonly misused.

The guy probably didn't mean that Guerrero threw it for Floyd to win, he likely meant that maybe Guerrero just accept losing for the decent payday without getting hurt or knocked out.

Yes he was. I don't even like him, but I appreciate his skills . He had an amazing performance.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an utterly predictable result, Guerrero isn't really capable of anything that would've made it a close fight. If somebody hates Mayweather for his "money" persona and the perceived cherry picking of opponents, yet is swayed by pre fight hype to the point where they will actually buy his a PPV in hopes of seeing him lose to an inferior fighter, that is ironic. Look it up yourself Einstein.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe God told him to humble himself..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buyers remorse I suppose. Hey, I payed the same...the first ppv I've purchased in at least 2 years. But it wasn't so much to see Mayweather get his chin checked as it was on paper a quality and deep card. As it turns out the best fight ironically was the 1st between Love v Rosado?! I did give Guerrero the slightest chance, and I think he did all he could and never pussed out..but a plan imagined is far different from a plan ventured. He didn't throw it, Mayweather just threw more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    I dunno. something smells rotten!! all the talk,"I'm gonna pound and put a major beating on Mayweather!!" It had me sold for a entertaining fight, so I bought it.

Ripped off again. Guerrero didn't do shit. He hardly tried, and seemed content to try to box with floyd ( which is retarded!!). The Ghost could have cut off Mayweather numerous times, but let him off every time it seemed. Where was this much talked about PRESSURE there wasn't none. it was 40% of the pressure I thought I would see from The Ghost. IF THAT!!! Fans were booing!!!

He totally slipped into Floyds game plan. all too willingly. how could he not give 100% trying

VERY DISAPPOINTED in The Ghost, and I'm thinking this whole fight was planned & set up for lil' Floyd. The Ghost gets a fat payday and walks away.

Are you serious ? guerrero just got schooled by te best boxer on the planet get over it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post

Are you serious ? guerrero just got schooled by te best boxer on the planet get over it.
    Some people will never get over it untill floyd is beaten.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vegas is not corrupt, they are right up front about it, they want every fucking dollar you have.
    Everything about Vegas is focused on parting you from your money. Do not go to Vegas expecting a handout or a fair deal.
    The food is great, drinks are reasonable or free, the shows are terrific, the women are fantastic, the gambling can be fun, the glitter and lights are exciting, but it's all focused on your wallet.
    Vegas doesn't have to be corrupt, everyone comes with their wallets open and ready to spend.
    Your mistake was underestimating Floyd. If Floyd keeps fighting long enough he will lose, but don't bet against him.
    Don't be pissed at Guerrero, Floyd beat all his other opponents too. A lot of people wanted another result, but none of them are suggesting Guerrero gave anything but his best effort.
    Don't blame it on Vegas or Guerrero, Floyd did it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero didn't "throw" the fight, nor did he lay down and give anything other than his 100%. He just didn't belong there in the first place. Everyone (including Floyd) hyped up the match, because that's what everyone in boxing does. But the result was a foregone conclusion.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both thanked god after the fight so I guess god likes Floyd more.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an utterly predictable result, Guerrero isn't really capable of anything that would've made it a close fight. If somebody hates Mayweather for his "money" persona and the perceived cherry picking of opponents, yet is swayed by pre fight hype to the point where they will actually buy his a PPV in hopes of seeing him lose to an inferior fighter, that is ironic. Look it up yourself Einstein.
    Again, not ironic, irony is split into categories, this don't fit any of them. But I understand why someone as, ehh, "special" as you is having difficulty.

Look it up yourself Alanis Morissette! <~~~ Now that is irony.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information