Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd wants to bring Canelo down to 147

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Re: Floyd wants to bring Canelo down to 147

Wow I'm actually a little surprised by this. This is the same crap Pacman has done to his opponents. Maybe Floyd is a little scared of Canelo and does not want to lose his 0.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He insisted on fighting Cotto at 154 but he cant do the same for Canelo huh.. fuckin rubbish..

Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight - Boxing News
    He did 154 for cotto cause cotto is only slightly bigger than floyd. If he did 154 for canelo canelo will take the piss and come in around 175, floyd is an old man now hes 36 he dont need to take risks like that canelo just wants to beat up a old man and he wants a huge weight advantage trying it and even then floyd would still beat the shit out of a 175lb canelo
    So Floyd should stop with the dumb ass demands and man up. Did Roy try to weight drain Ruiz when he stepped up to challenge himself. No Roy manned up, got bigger and stepped up.
    Roy only went up to HW cause ruiz was no challenge lets no kid on if it was a bigger or better HW roy would of went no were near the HW
    Lets not kid ourselves that Roy has a glass jaw. One bomb from Ruiz and it was night night. It was a dangerous fight plain and simple. Roy knew he could get koed but he stepped up. Floyd can out box Canelo all day, but he knows there is a chance of getting caught. Roy manned up, Floyd has a skirt on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz was shit back then dont think any1 gave him a chance and roy wanted the HW title so bad. Floyd's basically not interested in the 154 title hes been there and done it hes a 147 fighter plain and simple. I didnt see roy fucking with any other HW it was a 1 off cause Ruiz was easy an easy belt.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He insisted on fighting Cotto at 154 but he cant do the same for Canelo huh.. fuckin rubbish..

Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight - Boxing News

Please man give your head a shake. You need to think sometimes before you hit send whenever a subject is at hand that involves a fighter that you literally hate. You cant compare a battle worn water weighted Cotto to a 22 year old in his prime like Alvarez. And btw why are the Alvarez people considering Cotto at this point?

Floyd has publicly stated that he wants to stay at 147 and lets get serious here. Alvarez was 171 pounds at fight time against Trout and that's with 24 hours of rehydration. A few more hours and he would probably have weighed over 180. Floyd probably weighs 150 at fight time Perhaps he should fight Ward next.

Robinson weighed 147 for his first fight with Lamotta but Ray was a big welter and transferred to 160 seamlessly.

Leonard took the 154 title prior to his 3 year retirement and fight with Hagler and he to was a bigger welter. Speaking of Hagler he probably never weighed as much as Alvarez at fight time.

Weight manipulation today has grown leaps and bounds compared even to the eighties.

Lastly Floyd is the top dog, the biggest draw and the greatest fighter on the planet. Why should he cater to the demands of the man expected to take over his rein? Legacy? We all know that Floyds view of legacy is quite different then most. Nobody fights 3 times in 5 years if their concern was legacy driven.

People need to take his age into consideration also and the fact that Floyds a natural welter.

Having said that, leave the titles at home at fight at 150.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Canelo dont need Floyd .. Dude is a superstar already and can make his own legacy with other fighters.
    He's what 22? And he has almost the same record as Floyd.
    Numerically yea. Quality? Not even close, Canelo has only fought really one top guy in his prime and IMO still lost the fight or well barely won it, and that was against Trout.

Floyd has wins over the likes of Genaro Hernandez (RIP), Manfredy (when he was a good fighter), Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Castillo, Corley, Gatti (RIP), Judah, De La Hoya (coming off the Mayorga win), Hatton, JMM, Mosley (although past it, he was further passed it when he fought Canelo), Ortiz, Cotto, and now Guerrero

Canelo has beaten up Baldomir (4 yrs after Floyd did it), Hatton (Matthew that is =/), Rhodes, Gomez (tiny fighter), Cintron, Mosley (came out with his walker), Lopez, and now Trout

so the difference is clear as day when it comes to quality

Do you even read the bullshit that you post? You talk about how Canelo "lost or barely won" against Trout but you credit Floyd for the Castillo fight without mention.

Most people feel Floyd lost the first fight but of course you don't mention that. Same thing with DLH it was a split decision against an old ass de la hoya so what if he beat the 1 trick pony mayorga?

You twist your shit around so that it makes sense when it clearly does not. You talk about Canelo fighting tiny guys but you mention Floyd fighting Marquez without nothing about making him come up in weight a very smaller fighter than floyd comes over 2 pounds to weigh in... did not even make weight and we can only imagine how much higher he went. NO MENTION OF NONE OF THAT SHIT..

of course you mention Mosley a win for Floyd and 2 years later after losing to Pacquiao and Floyd hes waaayyy past his prime for canelo. Same for Guerrero 2 fights removed from 2 whole divisions.

You are so far up your ass on any mexican fighters that all you do is type shit about them.
    Last edited by outspoken; 05-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Canelo dont need Floyd .. Dude is a superstar already and can make his own legacy with other fighters.
    Numerically yea. Quality? Not even close, Canelo has only fought really one top guy in his prime and IMO still lost the fight or well barely won it, and that was against Trout.

Floyd has wins over the likes of Genaro Hernandez (RIP), Manfredy (when he was a good fighter), Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Castillo, Corley, Gatti (RIP), Judah, De La Hoya (coming off the Mayorga win), Hatton, JMM, Mosley (although past it, he was further passed it when he fought Canelo), Ortiz, Cotto, and now Guerrero

Canelo has beaten up Baldomir (4 yrs after Floyd did it), Hatton (Matthew that is =/), Rhodes, Gomez (tiny fighter), Cintron, Mosley (came out with his walker), Lopez, and now Trout

Do you even read the bullshit that you post? You talk about how Canelo "lost or barely won" against Trout but you credit Floyd for the Castillo fight without mention.

Most people feel Floyd lost the first fight but of course you don't mention that. Same thing with DLH it was a split decision against an old ass de la hoya so what if he beat the 1 trick pony mayorga?

You twist your shit around so that it makes sense when it clearly does not. You talk about Canelo fighting tiny guys but you mention Floyd fighting Marquez without nothing about making him come up in weight a very smaller fighter than floyd comes over 2 pounds to weigh in... did not even make weight and we can only imagine how much higher he went. NO MENTION OF NONE OF THAT SHIT..

of course you mention Mosley a win for Floyd and 2 years later after losing to Pacquiao and Floyd hes waaayyy past his prime for canelo. Same for Guerrero 2 fights removed from 2 whole divisions.

You are so far up your ass on any mexican fighters that all you do is type shit about them.
    You cant half chat some shit the castilo fight was close i had floyd winning by 1 point i think not to bad considering he only had 1 hand for most of the fight, then he owned him in the rematch. The ODLH fight ive seen this 3 or 4 time and can honestly say i dont know how any1 and i mean any1 could think ODLH won i didnt even see it close floyd clearly won.The marquez fight was at a catch weight of 144 marquez wanted this fight and was more than happy with the weight floyd did come in two pounds over weight but.Canelo wants to fight the smaller guys he should call out ward hes more his size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=g3org3;1154795][QUOTE= You cant half chat some shit the castilo fight was close i had floyd winning by 1 point i think not to bad considering he only had 1 hand for most of the fight, then he owned him in the rematch. The ODLH fight ive seen this 3 or 4 time and can honestly say i dont know how any1 and i mean any1 could think ODLH won i didnt even see it close floyd clearly won.The marquez fight was at a catch weight of 144 marquez wanted this fight and was more than happy with the weight floyd did come in two pounds over weight but.Canelo wants to fight the smaller guys he should call out ward hes more his size[/QUOTE]

*Mayweather was given a decision against Castillo..if u thought May won, then u shouldn't be allowed to score a May fight again due to being biased. Seriously though, May lost that fight by 3 points. How?..being an ex-fighter and around the game,, i know everyone has an an achilles fighter... Roy Jone's was Tarver... Hopkins was Taylor... Ali's was Norton... Mosley's was Forrest and Forrest was Mayorga...all these guys could fight their achilles 5 times and prob lose 4 in their prime...May's was Castillo.
    *ODLH was old... still, it w2as an imprssive win over a bigger guy, but DLH was old... veyone knows that.
    *Cotto was old..and hit May many times..clean. Cotto got manhandled against Trout.
    *Marquez shouldn't be fighting over 140 pounds..period... it was the only fight where May is actually bigger... lol. Marquez last fight at WELTERWEIGHT, he only weighed 142lbs... this was Marquez 1st fight at welter and May still couldn't ko him... i believe Marquez to be a much more dangerous fighter NOW... but he shouln't be fighting over 140lbs,
    *Ortiz...he's a punk.. enough said.
    *May gets millions for fighting ...Guerrero? that's the guy they came up with? hell, Why should May fight anyone good if they're gunna pay him that much for Guerrero. I just saw the fight last night, May needs to retire before he loses. I believe EVEN an older Pac would beat him..and i mean BEAT him. Guerrero laid down, throwing one punch at a time, letting May set up and not really fighting and letting his hands go. Canelo's too big for May, and if May won't fight Pac, then he won't fight Canelo... but there's still guys like Thurman, who i think is a hell of lot more dangerous than Guerrero... Trout, same thing. I hadn't seen the May/Guerrero fight till last night, and i walked away after the 5th...Two things i found out last night..." that wasn't a fight, that was a sparring session and May's not the fighter he thinks he is"...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cant half chat some shit the castilo fight was close i had floyd winning by 1 point i think not to bad considering he only had 1 hand for most of the fight, then he owned him in the rematch. The ODLH fight ive seen this 3 or 4 time and can honestly say i dont know how any1 and i mean any1 could think ODLH won i didnt even see it close floyd clearly won.The marquez fight was at a catch weight of 144 marquez wanted this fight and was more than happy with the weight floyd did come in two pounds over weight but.Canelo wants to fight the smaller guys he should call out ward hes more his size
    Super Middleweight is closer to Light Middleweight than Welterweight? What the fuck are you smoking buddy? I don't even know if I should reply to you after that. Clearly your boxing knowledge is failing you.

Let me break it down for you Floyd wants 147 limit. Canelo fights and wants at 154 limit. 7 pound diff. Yet you say he should fight Ward at 168 limit. That's 14 pounds over his weight class. Go have a nap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not the 154 its what he will weight on fight night he will be 20lbs over the 154 and floyd would probably be 148-150 max thats not a fair fight for a 36 year old even if it is mayweather canelo wants to fight a small man end off what i was sayin is why dont he call out a bigger opponent and yes he could fight ward no problem they weigh around the same on fight night so you go have a nap bell end

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't twist shit around, I didn't even mention Baldomir as one of Floyd's wins cause it wasn't a big win for him in retrospect, the fact that it has to be put up as one of Canelo's "marquee" victories says something

Floyd won his first title at Super Featherweight, Marquez won his first title at Featherweight, just one division south, so not much of a difference in starting point

Canelo's first fight against a notable name (Jose Cotto) was at welterweight against a lightweight, and then he fought Baldomir, then a string of either older fighters or smaller guys in Rhodes, Hatton, Gomez, Cintron, Mosley, Lopez and then finally growing a pair and stepping it up against Trout.

DLH still had more in the tank and wasn't weight drained against Floyd compared to against Pacquiao, so yea he deserves a bit of credit, never said it was against a prime young DLH, but it wasn't against a shot Mosley who's record heading into the fight was 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights, 2 losses being lopsided ass whooping to Mayweather and Pacquiao at Welter and a draw at 154 against a mediocre Mora

AAAAAAAAAAND Mayweather whooped Mosley before Mosley took on Pacquiao so why the fuck would I say he took him on 2 yrs after getting beat up by Pacquiao?!? learn your history buddy, Canelo took him on 2 yrs after Floyd schooled his ass

and the fact that he's Mexican has nothing to do with it, I praise guys like JMM, Mares, Garcia, etc. just cause I don't suck off the cinnamon one's junk like you do don't try to make this a racial thing, you're the one who's ass hurts every time a Puerto Rican is mentioned

and with all that said, don't see any reason why the fight should be at welterweight, Floyd has won titles at 154 so he should be able to compete at the weight again with no problem
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 05-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not quite young man.

Check his resume and you will find he doesnt fight anyone his own weight but blown up welters but expects the best boxer on earth to bow down to his demands.

He wont give trout a rematch and weighs the same as a light heavy on fight night!

Floyd is doing the right thing and canelo and golden boy need to stop being scared and accept the demands.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Wow I'm actually a little surprised by this. This is the same crap Pacman has done to his opponents. Maybe Floyd is a little scared of Canelo and does not want to lose his 0.
    Pacman does catchweights.

Big difference fella.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz was shit back then dont think any1 gave him a chance and roy wanted the HW title so bad. Floyd's basically not interested in the 154 title hes been there and done it hes a 147 fighter plain and simple. I didnt see roy fucking with any other HW it was a 1 off cause Ruiz was easy an easy belt.
    Lets not discredit ruiz.

Two time heavyweight champion.

Roy took a huge a risk fighting ruiz but now we all have hindsight are so quick to criticize a huge achievement.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was floyd mayweathers hardest or best win?

There arent any.

But if we rewind history and pretend floyd got cut or perhaps a few knockdowns or floyd was gassed in the last rounds with any opponent thats what makes a great or best opponent in some peoples eyes...

How about they were all hard great opponents but they didnt effect floyd like that might have done in their own respective careers with other opponents.

Calzaghe gets alot of abuse who may not have dominated all his opponents like floyd does but deserves the same respect as he stayed true to boxing.

jon09 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Pacman does catchweights.

Big difference fella.
    LOL... Okay if you say so; Taking a fighter out of his comfort zone does not seem like it would be a legit win to me, be it Pacman or Money May.

Thread Information