Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Is there anywhere where my friend can see this fight? YoTube etc? He is desperate.
    Thanx.
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Ward already has a win over Froch. I'm not sure what he has to prove with fighting him again. It wasn't like it was a close fight.

Ward should call Hopkins out. For some reason they won't fight, but it's the logical fight in my book. Otherwise, the winner of Pascal/Bute, but the problem there is that it involves moving up in weight, which Ward shouldn't have to do if he can make 168 easily.

Hearn made a good point. Why is Ward harping on Froch when he already beat him? It's because Froch is the only money fight for Ward at 168. Froch, however, has multiple options.

Sometimes styles make fights. Froch is a great super middleweight, but I don't know if he can beat Ward.

For the record, I scored the fight 115-113 Froch or a draw, I have to rewatch it. I thought Kessler landed the better punches, but not enough of them.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe this is why Ward threw his dummy out of the pram

Froch: I Told Ward He Could Put a Glass Eye To Sleep! - Boxing News
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl is getting on my tits, he has his head firmly up his own ass. He can say derogatory things about Ward but he knows he got that victory over him and sooner or later he will have to come back and have to try and avenge it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Give them a chance. It has not been 24 since Froch fought yet. Ward was the one who flew to England, Ward's trainer was the one who could only bring himself to call last nights fight a draw, Ward was the one who was accusing Hearn of cashing out with Froch and getting him easy fights, Ward was the one who suggested he had a problem with coming to the UK. He may be "the number one guy in the division" but the whole world doesn't revolve, stop and start at the command of Andre Ward, Son of God or not.
    But it's been 2 years since Ward embarrassed him. And never once has there been an offer. There's been plenty of talk about wanting the rematch but never no offer

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBH Ward did look starstruck.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who wouldn't hanging out with Jim Lampley

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Who wouldn't hanging out with Jim Lampley
    Next time he should remember to zip up after-ward.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give them a chance. It has not been 24 since Froch fought yet. Ward was the one who flew to England, Ward's trainer was the one who could only bring himself to call last nights fight a draw, Ward was the one who was accusing Hearn of cashing out with Froch and getting him easy fights, Ward was the one who suggested he had a problem with coming to the UK. He may be "the number one guy in the division" but the whole world doesn't revolve, stop and start at the command of Andre Ward, Son of God or not.
    But it's been 2 years since Ward embarrassed him. And never once has there been an offer. There's been plenty of talk about wanting the rematch but never no offer
    That is a tad extreme. He clearly beat him but he didn't embarrass him. Ward won a fight most of us thought he would anyway.

Also with regard to an offer, it was only after Froch beat Kessler that Ward said Froch warranted a rematch. Ward has been injured since Dawson anyway so it isn't like the fight could've happened.

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves. There will be an offer and if they money is right, I'm sure Ward will take it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    That is a tad extreme. He clearly beat him but he didn't embarrass him. Ward won a fight most of us thought he would anyway.

Also with regard to an offer, it was only after Froch beat Kessler that Ward said Froch warranted a rematch. Ward has been injured since Dawson anyway so it isn't like the fight could've happened.

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves. There will be an offer and if they money is right, I'm sure Ward will take it.
    Call it what you want. But if you look at the fight without bias, it's not hard to see that Froch won 2 maybe 3 rounds. And those were pretty much due more to Ward coasting than anything Froch did.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call it what you want. But if you look at the fight without bias, it's not hard to see that Froch won 2 maybe 3 rounds. And those were pretty much due more to Ward coasting than anything Froch did.
    I think I had it 117-111 in Ward's favour. I'm under no illusions who won, just calling it an embarrassment is over-stated. Calzaghe-Lacy was an embarrassment. Pacquiao-Hatton was an embarrassment. But Ward-Froch wasn't on that level of dominance.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I had it 117-111 in Ward's favour. I'm under no illusions who won, just calling it an embarrassment is over-stated. Calzaghe-Lacy was an embarrassment. Pacquiao-Hatton was an embarrassment. But Ward-Froch wasn't on that level of dominance.
    Based on all the shit Froch was talking before the fight I think yeah it was. But like I said call it what you want

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I remember the good old days on these boards with the intense USA vs UK rivalries. I'm huge on this concept because aside from the very dark Calzage vs Lacy period, the USA always wins. The best, most relevant fights in the world take place in America. This is fact. That is why Pacquaio Hatton happened in the USA even tthough both could've sold out soccer stadiums in either countr. Name one instance of any fighter ever cobvincingly losing and then completely dictating the terms of a rematch. I say hold the fight in OOakland with 3 British judges and watch Froch lose again to a boring fighter
    Aren't you from Oakland?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I'm Froch, I don't think going into the most challenging fight out there immediately after a big win is the smartest move. If he loses to Ward, his cache will deflate. He should fight against a known commodity, but someone he can beat, before going after someone where the odds are he'll lose.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I remember the good old days on these boards with the intense USA vs UK rivalries. I'm huge on this concept because aside from the very dark Calzage vs Lacy period, the USA always wins. The best, most relevant fights in the world take place in America. This is fact. That is why Pacquaio Hatton happened in the USA even tthough both could've sold out soccer stadiums in either countr. Name one instance of any fighter ever cobvincingly losing and then completely dictating the terms of a rematch. I say hold the fight in OOakland with 3 British judges and watch Froch lose again to a boring fighter
    Aren't you from Oakland?
    Lol about 20 minutes from Oakland. I want the fight to be here or there. Crowd would be better there but I couldn't attend that fight lol

Thread Information