Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

I know its early, but I am too excited to not get a thread going about this one. 10 days to go and I am so excited for it. I have been looking forward to a fight like this for a long long time. I am so happy Froch and Kessler agreed to the rematch because out of any of the top 168 fighters around today this is the fight that needed to happen.

I want to use this thread to post all of the news for the build up to the fight as there is not long to go and I am sure we are going to see a lot more build up in the news as we are approaching the fight.

As for the fight who is everybody picking for the rematch? Both men seem to be on top form in their preparation for the fight and we all know they are both so up for this rematch. Kessler won the first fight albeit it a very close one in his home town, Froch now has the home advantage and momentum going into this fight so Froch has no excuses come fight night. Kessler was impressive too in his last outing, it was an improvement on the Green perfomance IMO. He no doubt still is a top class operator at the highest level and this is why this rematch really is going to be fight of the year IMO. Two very exciting fighters with a lot to prove and a lot to lose, who is everybody picking??

I am going with Froch to win this time around, I think hes learnt a lot since his last fought Kessler and the home advantage and experience and desire to avenge the loss I think will be too much for Kessler this time round. Dont get me wrong, Froch is going to have to perform even better than he did against Bute if he has a chance against Kessler. If he holds off like he did against Ward then he wont be able to beat Kessler. But if he boxes like he did against Bute, I think Kessler is in trouble this time around. Froch is so up for this, and I know Kessler is as well so this is what is making this fight a spectacle! I am pulling for Froch to win a late KO or a close UD, but I think Froch will make it clear at the end that he is now the better fighter and I am backing him the whole way! COME ON FROCHY!!!!!!

I cant wait for this fight though and I am looking forward to seeing how everyone else feels about the fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The rematch, Carl Froch - Mikkel Kessler 2 fight chat thread - Warriors Call !!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its a very very tight fight to call

i personally think that froch won the first by at least a round

id say the safest bet would be froch points, but a KO in rounds 9 to 12 wouldnt be far fetched
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be realistic.

Since fight 1 Kessler has had 3 fight and the only half decent fighter he fought was Allen Green.

Froch has had 5 fight and the WORST he has fought is Yusif Mack.

So Froch has been the more productive, plus he seems to have found a mean streak and a sudden burst of power against world class fighters.

Froch was struggling for KOs at the top level, only managing to stop Jermaine Taylor, but look at the last 2 fights.

I think Froch stops him round 6-8.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Lets be realistic.

Since fight 1 Kessler has had 3 fight and the only half decent fighter he fought was Allen Green.

Froch has had 5 fight and the WORST he has fought is Yusif Mack.

So Froch has been the more productive, plus he seems to have found a mean streak and a sudden burst of power against world class fighters.

Froch was struggling for KOs at the top level, only managing to stop Jermaine Taylor, but look at the last 2 fights.

I think Froch stops him round 6-8.
    froch always had power at the highest level he was just fighting people who dont get stopped
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iv just rewatched the first fight and Froch lost it by not working enough. Kessler is consistant in his work rate and that will always be the difference. Kessler opens himself up to be hit more but thats because hes more active and took the initiative and had Froch on the backfoot for most of the fight.

He will outwork Froch again. Kessler isnt an untested weak chinned fighter like Bute and Mack. Iv said it before but his last 2 fights havent shown us anything we didnt already know, other than maybe prove that Bute was protected. Kessler fought Green where Green said he was comfortable and stronger, weight wise and then Magee who was on a good run of form but stopped him faster than anyone else could have, walked through him. Froch stopped Bute who had already been KO'd by Andrade and then fought a weight drained Mack.

Same outcome again, Kessler on points or maybe if Froch starts faster as I think he will, he will tire earlier and may get stopped. He did slow down in their last fight without being too agressive. If he starts faster here and slows down sooner and Kessler is still good to go he will be in trouble because Kessler will try and stop him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the form is as big a factor as the timing of the fight. Froch seems a much bigger character now he has some "star appeal," which he seems to revel in. Last time he was the "unknown" champion (it was on primetime for fucks sake) going to Kessler's backyard. This time it's got Sky behind it (as well as being shown on HBO) and is billed as the biggest fight in Britain this year. Add in home advantage and 20,000 fans.

Everything points to a Froch win.

So I backed Kessler at 2/1 ().
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Iv just rewatched the first fight and Froch lost it by not working enough. Kessler is consistant in his work rate and that will always be the difference. Kessler opens himself up to be hit more but thats because hes more active and took the initiative and had Froch on the backfoot for most of the fight.

He will outwork Froch again. Kessler isnt an untested weak chinned fighter like Bute and Mack. Iv said it before but his last 2 fights havent shown us anything we didnt already know, other than maybe prove that Bute was protected. Kessler fought Green where Green said he was comfortable and stronger, weight wise and then Magee who was on a good run of form but stopped him faster than anyone else could have, walked through him. Froch stopped Bute who had already been KO'd by Andrade and then fought a weight drained Mack.

Same outcome again, Kessler on points or maybe if Froch starts faster as I think he will, he will tire earlier and may get stopped. He did slow down in their last fight without being too agressive. If he starts faster here and slows down sooner and Kessler is still good to go he will be in trouble because Kessler will try and stop him.
    This fight is a hard one to call, both of these guys are fierce, tough competitors--some question Kessler's toughness but I don't--who always come expecting to win.
    I can't pick a winner and like everyone else, I have been waiting and waiting. I'm looking forward to a hard fought battle.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Kessler wins this on points but I'm going to predict that Froch gewts the decision.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that you have convinced me that you are not Carl Froch Tam, will you be going to the fight or PPV to watch it?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Now that you have convinced me that you are not Carl Froch Tam, will you be going to the fight or PPV to watch it?
    I wanted to go to the fight, but no joke I was asleep all day and the tickets sold out by the time I was up. I am just going to watch it with all of my uni mates, it's one of my last weekends in Leeds before I move home so it will be a special occasion!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder what ward thinks of this one and whether he will give the victor a rematch.

Froch vs ward will be a better fight but i dont know whether froch has the skillset for the win.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I wanted to go to the fight, but no joke I was asleep all day and the tickets sold out by the time I was up. I am just going to watch it with all of my uni mates, it's one of my last weekends in Leeds before I move home so it will be a special occasion!!
    I keep looking for last minute tickets on ebay but for me to come from Guernsey id want 2 nights over there at least, probably 3, plus the ticket and ferry, food, drink, shopping etc blah, blah, blah, all of a sudden its a £1500 weekend and then there is no guarantee the fight will actually happen, if either fighter gets hurt, the venue burns down any stupid thing...

I saw an advert or clip for some boxing show before, in the o2 and there are people sat in the front seats and cunts in front of them are stood up jumping around. Id be a bit fucked off to spend all that cash just to have some thick, ignorant cunt act like a twat in front of me and ruin my night when I can sit in the comfort of my own home and watch it. That one clip ruined it for me. Id love to go and watch it live but bit pointless buying tickets in the front if even then you aint gonna see it!

Have seen some tickets available for the "Sky bar" im presuming thats like a hospitality thing sky has and it looks miles from the ring in the pictures but its an unobsured view but still, watching it on the TV, ill actually be able to make out whos who.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler vs Froch Rematch: WBA Appoints Their Officials - Boxing News

The winner has to fight Ward in a rematch according to this.

Thread Information