Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Ward deluded

Heard an interview with him where he says that if you want to be a star you have to fight in america.

Utter Bullshit.

Then he says that he also had to travel to fight Carl, well whoop dee fuckin doo! He still fought in amarica and if you habe to fight in america to be a star, hes fought his whole career in amreica so why why are Carl and Mikkel both better known world wide than him?

He fought another American (star) fighter in his last fight and drew a pathetic 7 and a half thousand fans. Less than half of what Carl and Mikkel Drew.

Why do Americans think the world revolves around them? They are useless at geography as I pointed out in another thread when one poster in here thought Australia was in Europe!

If Ward wants to have a high gate/attendance, there is nothing else for it than to fight Carl in England or Mikkel in Denmark. Ward is not a star, no where near it, he needs these 2 fighters to be known himself.

In fact, I think only Pacquaio recently has had a bigger attendance than Kessler in world boxing. Not any (star) american boxers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward is one hell of a fighter though, but he's a bore, so no one cares.

I'd rather watch Froch any day and judging by the attendances, I'm not alone.

Ward needs to realise that to become a legend, it's not about simply fighting in the states, it's fighting away from home in someone else's back yard.

Ward will NEVER come to England to fight Froch.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward deluded

As they say shit draws more fly's than Ward,! he is good at what he does remember he's a acquired
    taste harden boxing fan may be.
    One of them who needs him type of fighters,with his style of fighting he WILL NEVER BE A BIG DRAW,
    may be in his own front room.
    People like a bit of action,but watching Ward would only induce sleeping sickness, Could he
    draw a fifty thousand crowd to watch him, like Calzaghe in a word bollocks.
    He needs Froch, but does Froch need him no.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not really defending Ward, but to me he seems to be regurgitating the same lines said by all American boxers nowadays. Seems they haven't noticed the passage of time... and that boxing, like every other major sport in the world, is "going global." I say that tongue-in-cheek, of course, as boxing has been "global" since Day One. Saying that you have to go to America to become a star is a sort of crutch to fall back on, a convenient way of saying they shouldn't have to travel abroad. However, what they don't realize is that it's a slap in the face to all the other countries where boxing is huge and hugely popular.

That being said, he DID say he's open to fighting Froch in the UK. Let's see how much of that is true, and how much is just empty talk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Heard an interview with him where he says that if you want to be a star you have to fight in america.

Utter Bullshit.

Then he says that he also had to travel to fight Carl, well whoop dee fuckin doo! He still fought in amarica and if you habe to fight in america to be a star, hes fought his whole career in amreica so why why are Carl and Mikkel both better known world wide than him?

He fought another American (star) fighter in his last fight and drew a pathetic 7 and a half thousand fans. Less than half of what Carl and Mikkel Drew.

Why do Americans think the world revolves around them? They are useless at geography as I pointed out in another thread when one poster in here thought Australia was in Europe!

If Ward wants to have a high gate/attendance, there is nothing else for it than to fight Carl in England or Mikkel in Denmark. Ward is not a star, no where near it, he needs these 2 fighters to be known himself.

In fact, I think only Pacquaio recently has had a bigger attendance than Kessler in world boxing. Not any (star) american boxers.
    Because dumbasses judge a whole country by what one person says. Ooops

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post

Utter Bullshit.

Gnerally Americans are notorious for terrible knowledge about the rest of the world. Stupid Americans answering about the World & Geography - YouTube

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would Ward know about being a star? Great boxing talent, no doubt. Star? Not so much.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Utter Bullshit.

Who? What? Where? I feel like a laugh.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Utter Bullshit.

Who? What? Where? I feel like a laugh.
    Here you go...

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Im getting tired of these mediocre, European MWs going up against MArtinez.. Please, no more Daniel Geals, Murrays and the Macklins..

Martinez needs a real challenge before he hangs em up. He needs to face the likes of GGG and QUillin..

Seriously, no more Geals and the Murrays.. They are ordinary fighters with no chance against MArtinez.
    Taken from here http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ez-jr-etc.html

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post

Utter Bullshit.

Gnerally Americans are notorious for terrible knowledge about the rest of the world. Stupid Americans answering about the World & Geography - YouTube
    Was waiting for this to appear

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has the belts now.
    Froch has that leverage.
    But, ward beat him with one hand.
    Either froch knows he wont win and for the first time in his career would rather give a this one a miss and finish his career on a different path.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iv said this already but I genuinely believe that Froch felt he needed to beat Kessler because otherwise Calzaghe was one up on him. Hes not too fussed with Ward because as far as we are all aware, Calzaghe wont be coming out of retirement to fight Ward so he will never go one better against Ward.

I really feel that Froch is STILL in competition with Calzaghe. There is also Bika, who if he wins his next bout will become the WBC champ. Froch could try unifying with Bika but Bika has the potential to spoil everything for Froch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anything I think some Froch fans are deluded. Ward has already beaten Froch with considerable ease and would repeat that if they fought again no matter where the fight was held because he is a far superior fighter.

Ward owes Froch nothing and has nothing to prove to anyone in the super middleweight division. A rematch would be utterly pointless and it's one that most people probably have no interest in seeing. I know I certainly don't want to see it.

This idea that Froch is somehow now the main man is ridiculous. There was such huge interest in last nights fight because the styles of the fighters and their previous encounter almost guaranteed an epic fight and that's exactly what we got. The Froch v Ward fight was a one sided pretty boring fight and the TV companies (particularly in the US) won't exactly be clamouring to show a return. A rematch is only interesting if the first fight was good or very close with a disputed result. That certainly isn't the case here.

Sure, Ward could probably earn some good money for beating Froch again in the UK, but as a career move its completely pointless. He might not be the most exciting, but he's the best super middle out there, which he has conclusively proven already. He doesn't need Carl Froch or anyone else at that weight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Andre Ward has handled himself really well in interviews. Ward will fight Froch if the price is right, I think Carl and Eddie have no intention of fighting Ward and they will offer him a low offer so that they can say Andre is being difficult. All Ward is saying is stop trying to say you want to fought me in the press when you really know you do not. Even Lennox Lewis said that Carl will have to improve to beat Ward and we all know Carl cannot improve, he is what you see.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Andre Ward has handled himself really well in interviews. Ward will fight Froch if the price is right, I think Carl and Eddie have no intention of fighting Ward and they will offer him a low offer so that they can say Andre is being difficult. All Ward is saying is stop trying to say you want to fought me in the press when you really know you do not. Even Lennox Lewis said that Carl will have to improve to beat Ward and we all know Carl cannot improve, he is what you see.
    Why do HBO and Ward appear to be pushing for another Froch-Ward fight? It's not like the first fight was close. Ward doesn't have many options. He didn't want to face Dirrell. He won't face Hopkins. He shouldn't have to go up in weight to face the light heavyweights. Who should he face? Froch, on the other hand, could face Kessler in neutral territory. He could make a defense of his belt in Nottingham and then face Groves. He could face Hopkins. He could take a break and then wait out for the Bute/Pascal winner. Out of all those options, why would Ward appeal more than the others? To me, Ward is the toughest challenge of them all.

Thread Information