Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Ward already beat the fuck out of Froch with one hand, what makes you think a rematch would be any different? As for not having any other options? 175 is looking pretty open

Yeah that's another classic. Look, if he did it with one hand then go to England and make an easy 5 million. Whats to get?

In addition its comical that after Dawson offered to come to 168 he would not accept a catch and a chance at 2 titles and yet about 2 weeks after the fight he said in an interview that he may not be able to stay at 168 and may go to 175.
    I like Ward, but personally, I'd like to see him travel. He would clear up a lot of the BS surrounding him and redirect the conversation to how he fights instead of where he fights.
    Where there's smoke there's fire, so until Ward comes out and says something, I'm going to be thinking he said something over the edge or at least very close to the edge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward is officially off his rocker

I think everybody knows that ward will beat this guys, the ducking talk is borderline remedial. I think even Froch knows he cant beat Ward. Seriously guys, Froch is good, but lets not get all hype, he beat a war torn Kessler. Only fight I want to see is Dirrell-Ward

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Ward already beat the fuck out of Froch with one hand, what makes you think a rematch would be any different? As for not having any other options? 175 is looking pretty open

Yeah that's another classic. Look, if he did it with one hand then go to England and make an easy 5 million. Whats to get?

In addition its comical that after Dawson offered to come to 168 he would not accept a catch and a chance at 2 titles and yet about 2 weeks after the fight he said in an interview that he may not be able to stay at 168 and may go to 175.
    I like Ward, but personally, I'd like to see him travel. He would clear up a lot of the BS surrounding him and redirect the conversation to how he fights instead of where he fights.
    Where there's smoke there's fire, so until Ward comes out and says something, I'm going to be thinking he said something over the edge or at least very close to the edge.
    I agree and that's what is so puzzling. I think he's the cream of the crop myself and it most likely does not matter where he faces these guys. Just as puzzling is why people thinking a rematch between the Rings #1 and #2 is not worthwhile? I don't like to use the term but its almost borderline retarded. I mean there is an old adage that rematches do not work out to well for the man who lost the first fight. They usually get beat much worse the second time. Well Froch just shit all over that theory and by doing so has earned another kick at the cat.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

I agree and that's what is so puzzling. I think he's the cream of the crop myself and it most likely does not matter where he faces these guys. Just as puzzling is why people thinking a rematch between the Rings #1 and #2 is not worthwhile? I don't like to use the term but its almost borderline retarded. I mean there is an old adage that rematches do not work out to well for the man who lost the first fight. They usually get beat much worse the second time. Well Froch just shit all over that theory and by doing so has earned another kick at the cat.
    Gatti Ward, Benn Eubank, Vazquez Marquez, Morales Barrera, Corrales Castillo etc etc

I dont think Ward has any power and he uses the holding because he dosnt have the skills to stand in punching range or the chin to take any shots. He did as much as hes ever going to do over Froch and the one thing that Froch needed to do was just throw punches. He didnt. He hesitated and tried to box. He needs to pour the punches on without loading up on his shots and the fight will be alot closer at least.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I think everybody knows that ward will beat this guys, the ducking talk is borderline remedial. I think even Froch knows he cant beat Ward. Seriously guys, Froch is good, but lets not get all hype, he beat a war torn Kessler. Only fight I want to see is Dirrell-Ward
    We've wanted to see that fight for years. Unfortunately, their actions have made it pretty apparent that it will never happen. Plus, it doesn't make sense for Ward now. Dirrell is essentially retired for all intents and purposes. He hasn't fought anyone remotely relevant since he fought Abraham. Why would Ward take that risk?

Ward doesn't have many options because he already beat Froch, Kessler and Dawson, and he's not ready to jump up in weight to 175. Honestly, since Pascal and Bute are going to fight at the end of the year, Ward wouldn't even really have anyone there to face, other than Cleverly. Froch has options. He can face Kessler again. He can face Hopkins. He could face an up and comer, like Groves or Degale or Cleverly. He could also face the winner between Bute and Pascal.

Add to all of it that Froch now is somewhat a star in Britain, and we're in the odd situation where Froch is somewhat in the driver's seat.

Thread Information