15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward is officially off his rocker

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He has already whipped Froch's ass, that's all. "Ducking" really doesn't apply. I agree that Ward should rematch him the UK, absolutely. It's a tough spot to be in I guess though, being the top guy in the division but not having a lot of draw.
    I understand what you're saying but your not understanding my point.

He wouldn't be ducking because he is scared.

I mean he would be ducking because he doesn't want a disadvantage.

Remember 2 judges scored it 113-115, so it wasn't as bad as you make it sound in the first fight.

How easy would that have been to make Froch' fight if it was in the uk?

That's why he's ducking.
    Those scored were beyond laughable and I am a big fan of Froch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why Floyd acts like a d-bag this thread is a bold face lie, the part about 50 million pounds is not in quotes because Ward didn't say it, everyone always hates on Ward.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Wembley holds about 90,000.

Oh shit, I was thinking the 02 was the big one.

Has there ever been big boxing matches at Wembley or do they stay away? I remember a WWF event did well there back in the 90s
    Frank Bruno-Oliver McCall was at the old Wembley and that held 80,000. No boxing fight has been held at the new Wembley which holds 90,000.

Along similar lines, Calzaghe-Kessler was at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff that holds 70,000. They said it sold out. Also, just to prove people will buy any old shit, Joe got around 35,000 in the same stadium for the Manfredo fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Wembley holds about 90,000.

Oh shit, I was thinking the 02 was the big one.

Has there ever been big boxing matches at Wembley or do they stay away? I remember a WWF event did well there back in the 90s
    Frank Bruno-Oliver McCall was at the old Wembley and that held 80,000. No boxing fight has been held at the new Wembley which holds 90,000.

Along similar lines, Calzaghe-Kessler was at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff that holds 70,000. They said it sold out. Also, just to prove people will buy any old shit, Joe got around 35,000 in the same stadium for the Manfredo fight.
    I know what you mean!

People knew they had a special fighter and just wanted to be present at one of his fights live. Its like Tyson was. He could still draw a crowd now for exhibition bouts. Its all about the star name.

Froch has almost got there if not there now and he should now try and get Steiglitz and or Bika who should both be the other 2 title holders and become the unified world champ. Both are beatable but I see Kessler going for Steiglitz. Froch against Bika would sell in the UK, it would be another unification amd a recognised name because of the Calzaghe connection.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I know what you mean!

People knew they had a special fighter and just wanted to be present at one of his fights live. Its like Tyson was. He could still draw a crowd now for exhibition bouts. Its all about the star name.

Froch has almost got there if not there now and he should now try and get Steiglitz and or Bika who should both be the other 2 title holders and become the unified world champ. Both are beatable but I see Kessler going for Steiglitz. Froch against Bika would sell in the UK, it would be another unification amd a recognised name because of the Calzaghe connection.
    Not yet it wouldn't. Bika hasn't won the belt yet!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    This is why Floyd acts like a d-bag this thread is a bold face lie, the part about 50 million pounds is not in quotes because Ward didn't say it, everyone always hates on Ward.
    w

Ask the guy who started this thread, most of us don't check the authenticity of the threads.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Ask the guy who made the article why he came up with the number and never included it is his story. I could care less if person A calls the paper a rag.

Countless boxingscene stories are posted almost daily here and on just about on every boxing site on the web and about half the time there articles are a load of shit. I post one article that does not mention the figure in the title in the article and its some kind of indictable offense.

"everyone hates on Ward" Grow up ffs.

Each time a person disagrees with the line taken on the latest primadonna they are called "haters" That term as far as boxing is concerned is as meaningless as p4p.

You Ward idol worshipers are incapable of objective dialogue. If that figure was actually mentioned in the article you would still try to justify it. Its like the logic you attempt to use when the question is asked as to why he wont leave home. It would not make any difference because of how easily he won is a premise often used. That answer begs the question. If it was going to be so easy regardless of geography then why did he not travel and why wont he now? It begs another one also. If he is so far and away better then the rest, then why did he need all of those security blankets? Why does he need them now? I mean Froch should be easy work no matter where its held.Being worried about getting robbed is not an argument either. In fact its a classic cop-out.

Just in case you want to ask me about these "security blankets" here are the facts.

Why the stacked deck?

Miranda
    Oracle arena….Cali
    John Schorle. Ref…..Cali
    Steve English… Cali
    Marty Sammon….Cali
    Marshal Walker…Cali

Kessler
    Oracle arena
    Jack Reis Ref….Cali
    Mikael Hook….Sweeden
    Steve Morrow…Cali
    Stanley Chritoldoulou…SA card for hire

Green
    Oracle arena
    Raul Caiz Ref…Cali
    Glen Feldman… Usa
    Marty Sammon…Cali
    Alfredo Polanco…Cali

Bika
    Oracle arena
    Dan Stell Ref….Cali
    Marty Sammon…Cali. He must be the traveling judge with the Ward team.
    John Schorlie…Cali. When he can’t ref a Ward fight he gets to judge.
    Hunter Walton…USA

Abraham
    Home Depot Carson. About an hour or from the Oracle by car.
    Luis Pabon Ref…PR
    Stanley Chritoloudou SA
    Ingo Barrabas..Germany
    James Jen kin…Cali

Abraham demanded different representation and Ward still managed location with a Cali judge and good old Stanley sell out to the highest bidder.

Froch made similar demands

Atlantic City
    Smoger Ref…NJ
    Metcafe…Alberta
    King…England
    Stewart…NJ

Dawson. Did he really need any help? It was like Lalonde/Leonard 2. Only an idiot thought Dawson had a shot dropping that kind of muscle weight and they could have had Larry, Moe and Curley judge that one. And still,

Oracle arena
    Smoger Ref…NJ
    Ledderman…NY
    Mendoza…Cali
    Walker…Cali

What Ward should be concerned about is Karma

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carson isn't exactly an hour away by car, it's an hour and a half by plane and 8 in a car. Also Marty Sammons is a tremendous judge and I doubt many camps had worries about him . Judges are chosen by local commissions and the pay isn't enticing enough a lot to have international judges So yes, Ward should get ohout more, I agree but heiisn't the only guy in boxing fjghting close to home.

More importantly, when the hell has any of this stuff mattered? Has he ever been on the receivingend of a ccontroversial decision? Only the Kessler fight can it be argues that he received any preferential treatment and he dominated that bout regardless. Btw, that was Kessler so call to go to Oakland, he thought he would get his road fight out of the way early against the biggest underdog in the Super 6 first round.

Other than that, when has a judge ever protected Ward? If anything the worst judging ever in a Ward fight was in Froch where two judges submitted atrocious cards in favor of Froch. I just don't see why the judges matter?

I hope Ward does fight Froch on the road. Nobody ever alley DLH a homer for fighting in LA and Vegas though. Gatti never got shit for fighting in AC. Even Calzage only came over for two fights. None of those guys should be criticized for fighting where they could make the most money. Now it's a little precarious because the money for Ward is in England but he still has a win over Froch which has is just as big of a bargaining chip. I genuinely don't understand the anti Ward sentiment here.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Carson isn't exactly an hour away by car, it's an hour and a half by plane and 8 in a car. Also Marty Sammons is a tremendous judge and I doubt many camps had worries about him . Judges are chosen by local commissions and the pay isn't enticing enough a lot to have international judges So yes, Ward should get ohout more, I agree but heiisn't the only guy in boxing fjghting close to home.

More importantly, when the hell has any of this stuff mattered? Has he ever been on the receivingend of a ccontroversial decision? Only the Kessler fight can it be argues that he received any preferential treatment and he dominated that bout regardless. Btw, that was Kessler so call to go to Oakland, he thought he would get his road fight out of the way early against the biggest underdog in the Super 6 first round.

Other than that, when has a judge ever protected Ward? If anything the worst judging ever in a Ward fight was in Froch where two judges submitted atrocious cards in favor of Froch. I just don't see why the judges matter?

I hope Ward does fight Froch on the road. Nobody ever alley DLH a homer for fighting in LA and Vegas though. Gatti never got shit for fighting in AC. Even Calzage only came over for two fights. None of those guys should be criticized for fighting where they could make the most money. Now it's a little precarious because the money for Ward is in England but he still has a win over Froch which has is just as big of a bargaining chip. I genuinely don't understand the anti Ward sentiment here.

The phrase "you have to come to America to be a star" uttered after a fight which drew a way bigger crowd than he ever has, in somewhere that was not America, just comes across as arrogant and deluded. Add to that the nonsense sour grapes about the fight being "less action packed than the first", and "a draw", and how can you not come to the conclusion that he is petulant ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

@amat

I'd say it is more about seeing how he deals with the pressure of not having the crowd on his side than him receiving a hometown decision. You just want to see Ward take a risk and enter the Lions Den. It is unlikely the fight would be in Froch's hometown in the UK as there isn't an arena big enough in Nottingham.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward already beat the fuck out of Froch with one hand, what makes you think a rematch would be any different? As for not having any other options? 175 is looking pretty open

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah to be fair Ward should be be looking at Lightheavyweights.

A fight with Trout at 168 might be a sell-out at the Oracle
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just messin, infact I agree. I think Ward could fight at/ around Cruiserweight if it was worth the money. I think his speed/ coordination would look phenomenal at around 185lbs. Just gotta watch those hands.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Ward already beat the fuck out of Froch with one hand, what makes you think a rematch would be any different? As for not having any other options? 175 is looking pretty open
    Yeah but he brought the best 175lber back to 168, and Hopkins wants to fight Froch, not Ward. Shumanov & Cleverly won't make Ward anywhere near as much money as Froch. Not many believe Froch can beat Ward, but it'd be nice to see how Ward reacts when the cards are not stacked in his favour and he is forced to make a fight. It is the only sign us fans need to see what kind of champion he is, as he has proved himself beyond doubt on every other level.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Yeah that's another classic. Look, if he did it with one hand then go to England and make an easy 5 million. Whats to get?

In addition its comical that after Dawson offered to come to 168 he would not accept a catch and a chance at 2 titles and yet about 2 weeks after the fight he said in an interview that he may not be able to stay at 168 and may go to 175.

Thread Information