Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy F*ck! Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez is signed and sealed for Sept 14th!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Holy F*ck! Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez is signed and sealed for Sept 14th!!!

Mayweather Says Canelo Fight is Done For Sept. 14 - Boxing News

We got what we wanted people. Mayweather is the man for accepting this fight. Seriously dangerous fight, I'm already foaming at the mouth.

The fight is at 152lbs and their are 4 titles at stake being Alvarez' Ring, WBC & WBA Regular Titles, and Floyd's WBA Super Title he won against Cotto.

Mayweather-Canelo at 152-Pounds, Four Titles at Stake - Boxing News

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cripes !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holy F*ck! Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez is signed and sealed for Sept 14th

This is where Floyd gets a shot at cementing his legacy.

This is Julio Cesar Chavez vs The Golden Boy.
    This is Sweat Pea vs Tito.
    This is B-Hop vs The Ghost.
    Fuck this is Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson!

I love these old vs young match ups, especially when the old man wins but I can't honestly remember when it happened on such a huge scale?
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 05-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should have made it 150.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia v Matthysse on the undercard too apparently

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holy F*ck! Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez is signed and sealed for Sept 14th

I know this is going to seem like a flloyd hating post but I did post about a year ag that I dont think Canelo has done ANYTHING of note to be considered even ring worthy of flloyd - however he has now beaten trout so I give him some respect even if I think trout nicked it

But even so this will be a walkover for mayweather - it's not sweet pea vs tito! Alvarez is nowhere NEAR trinidad!

if the odds are even close I will be stumping alot of money on mayweather to win

however.... I would be willing to lose almost everything I own to see flloyd lose so I hope im wrong!!!

El Kabong Guest

Catch weight...... awwwee damn it! If I was Canelo I'd come in at a rock solid 154 if Floyd didn't care about making weight vs JMM then Canelo shouldn't care about it vs Floyd. Besides Canelo is the 154 champ not the 152 champ!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Catch weight...... awwwee damn it! If I was Canelo I'd come in at a rock solid 154 if Floyd didn't care about making weight vs JMM then Canelo shouldn't care about it vs Floyd. Besides Canelo is the 154 champ not the 152 champ!
    Doesnt Alvarez come in at 170lb on fight night? Its only fair and a small sacrifice to get the biggest fight out their for him. If he cant make 152 and be effective, maybe he shouldnt be allowed to fight in that weight. Too many fighters are allowed to cut down and come right back up in weight. Really, Canelo should be fighting at middle or even super middle. Hed be fucked in those weight classes which tells you how good he is.

The fight could be at 148lb and it could still be for the light middle title.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has at best a punchers chance I don't see him posing any threat to Floyd at all.

Mayweather will school him easily.

Very easily infact.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Mayweather Says Canelo Fight is Done For Sept. 14 - Boxing News

We got what we wanted people. Mayweather is the man for accepting this fight. Seriously dangerous fight, I'm already foaming at the mouth.

The fight is at 152lbs and their are 4 titles at stake being Alvarez' Ring, WBC & WBA Regular Titles, and Floyd's WBA Super Title he won against Cotto.

Mayweather-Canelo at 152-Pounds, Four Titles at Stake - Boxing News
    The thing is Mayweather will get beat at one point. Fair play to him though and his team and. Seriously

You can tell his team thought "OK. Who is baddest young cat out there in or around my weight division ?"

And it probably was Canelo.

He could have easily chose a Devon Alexander or Tim Bradley who are no mugs but Mayweather would have UD'ed them for sure

But Canelo ? Wow.

No one can say S**T about Mayweather ducking anybody.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say shit about it. At 152? What a typical Mayweather joke. Canelo will be shot before he starts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im so excited for this fight. Don't get why people are upset at the 152, lets not forget mayweather did fight at 154, but fought guys that use to fight at 140, 147 and even they were naturally bigger than maywaether. Canelo on the other hand couldn't make 147 if his life depended on it. He's huge compared to mayweather, he could easily fight at 160. And both times at 154 mayweather didn't look all that great, its not fair for a star to give away all the advantages.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I will say shit about it. At 152? What a typical Mayweather joke. Canelo will be shot before he starts.
    I am an Alvarez fan but if a 22 yr old young man is that affected by 2 pounds against a 36 yr old who is naturally 5 pounds lighter then maybe he should make the 4 pound jump to middleweight himself. It is stupid to not be 154 but the idea that Saul will be shot at the weight is ridiculous. I don't think Mayweather was ever as worried about meeting him as has been made out and will relish the opportunity to enhance his legacy. I can't knock him on this one and though Alvarez does have a punchers chance he will struggle against such a slick craftsmen. It's a great fight. Now is the time to do it before age slows Floyd's legs.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I am an Alvarez fan but if a 22 yr old young man is that affected by 2 pounds against a 36 yr old who is naturally 5 pounds lighter then maybe he should make the 4 pound jump to middleweight himself. It is stupid to not be 154 but the idea that Saul will be shot at the weight is ridiculous. I don't think Mayweather was ever as worried about meeting him as has been made out and will relish the opportunity to enhance his legacy. I can't knock him on this one and though Alvarez does have a punchers chance he will struggle against such a slick craftsmen. It's a great fight. Now is the time to do it before age slows Floyd's legs.

I agree with Gandalf. Alvarez struggles to make 154 and stamina is poor due to this. Losing another 2 pounds will have a big effect and will really struggle late on in this fight.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

I agree with Gandalf. Alvarez struggles to make 154 and stamina is poor due to this. Losing another 2 pounds will have a big effect and will really struggle late on in this fight.
    If it was at 154 he would struggle late on. He needs to go to work early because there is not a scenario in any script where he wins on points. He is more than capable of stopping Floyd even after coming in at 152 the day before. His trouble will be landing the kind of shot needed.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information