Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets end the Mike Tyson debate

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Lets end the Mike Tyson debate

Tyson went straight at Holyfield why would he fight Foreman differently?

Tyson was a 1 at a time puncher by the time Foreman came back.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Tyson went straight at Holyfield why would he fight Foreman differently?

Tyson was a 1 at a time puncher by the time Foreman came back.
    I am sure this was Tyson before his jail sentence so he was still decent at that time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure he had a weaker era than most done.
    Did he?

Weaker than Dempsey's Louis' Marciano's Liston's Holmes', Wlad's?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Moorer also beat the crap out of Foreman for nearly every minute of the fight until he was one punched, Foreman wouldn't have held up to Tyson landing half as much. This thread is such a ruin though

Moorer was such an idiot!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That weak era talk is basically bull$#!t...

The ones not suited to be professional boxers are weeded out all along, and never make it to the world stage.
    Most people don't even consider being boxers; they're weeded out immediately.

Would-be tough guys with no training who think they can fight because they won a few bar brawls against other non-trained drunken guys never even have the interest nor discipline to set foot in a gym and see what real fighting is all about.

Beginning the 1st day a young interested guy sets foot in the gym, the weeding out process continues as most quickly quit the gym when they see it's not like the Rocky films. Most never have a single amateur bout before they quit.
    The tougher ones spend years in the unpaid amateur ranks among about 54 thousand other amateur fighters. It's a world-sports. In 2008, 77 countries sent teams to the Olympics. The weeding out continues.

There's approximately 16 thousand licensed professional boxers right now.

In a single weight class like Heavyweight for example, you've got about a thousand licensed professional Heavyweight fighters, and the brass ring at the top is 8 million up to 46 million per fight, you're gonna get the cream of the crop, the best the world has to offer. Weak era, my rosy red rectum. The money and the competition have ALWAYS been there in open-world wide competition designed to reveal the best.

If a Heavyweight Champion doesn't have a style or charisma that galvanizes the fans, so what? It doesn't take away from the fact that he must be pretty damn good to be #1, the King of All Boxing because none of these other 15 lighter weight classes can f*<k with the Heavyweight Champ of the World.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^ See? Guys like this get weeded out. And too many guys imagine they look like Tyson hitting the bag when in reality, they appear to others more like this unfortunate soul in the clip...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know people saying that Rudduck was better choice then Foreman i dont really understand because it is not like Rudduck beat anyone of note. As for Moorer he hit like a truck and was fast as fuck and Foreman still pulled it off i don't care how Tyson takes a punch Foreman lays one on him good enough Foreman wins the fight. As for a younger Foreman losing to Ali no way in hell Tyson pulls that off he was a dumb fighter but gifted psychically. Foreman has beat some one at least close to Tyson has Tyson fought any one or thing like a Foreman and won tell me because i cant think of one.
    Last edited by Mr140; 06-14-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    he was a dumb fighter but gifted psychically.
    Just by saying that, I can tell you have absolutely no grasp on the talent and skill that Tyson had.

I've seen a lot of people here talk about Tyson like he was some plodding pressure fighter like Joe Frazier, who would take 3 blows to land one. Like all he had was a big punch.

If you feel that way, you shouldn't be talking about the guy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And if you're one of those guys who thinks Tyson's era was shit, tell us what era (besides Ali's era) was considered better.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so hows this thread going? have we ended the debate?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    Tyson (in his prime) destroys evander, foreman, or lennox
    All one after the other with 1 hand behind his back And Tyson probably would beat up their Dads' too

That's the kind of bullshit statement that really irks me about Tyson fans. He'd never beat Evander NEVER he was hard pressed to win a round vs Evander when Evander had been a 20-1 underdog a week before the fight!!!!

Maybe when Lennox Lewis was younger Tyson would have had a better chance to beat him, but again the style Lennox Lewis used was Tyson's kryptonite.

As for Foreman you all know my views on him...could Tyson hurt or knock down an old or even Prime George Foreman yes....could Tyson stop him? Well the guy only got stopped 1 time EVER and that was by a guy who many fans consider "The Greatest of All-Time"...and newsflash Mike Tyson isn't Ali and he's not Jimmy Young either he's a different kind of fighter altogether. Foreman would scare Tyson simple as that, he'd scare him and batter him like a piƱata
    lol well i didnt say all that, but i disagree, Tyson that fought holyfield was a shell of his former self, and in the second fight mike was getting the best of him in teh exchanges, he bit his ear in a attempt t0 stop him from buttin and after the second time it worked, and holfiled looked lost when he couldnt tie up, young mike would leave evander on a stretcher, and Lewis? Kryptonite? gtfo

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Did he?

His best foes before he tangled with Holyfield and Lewis in "their era" were a light heavyweight Michael Spinks, an older faded champion in Larry Holmes, and 2 guys who were just solid contenders but never really got the most out of their ability in Bruno & Ruddock.

Dempsey fought Gene Tunney who was one of the best p4p fighters to ever live...as a champion he was lazy something like 5 title defenses or so...the good life got to him.

Louis had 25 successful title defenses and that could have been more had the war not cost him a few years.

Marciano wasn't even really a heavyweight but he was undefeated as one, undefeated vs some very good albeit older fighters

Liston meh his era was weak

Holmes had a lot of good young fighters in his era and they just tried for too much too quickly and also there was a horrible drug epidemic sweeping the lower levels of society at that time as well so a lot of those guys didn't reach their potential.

Wlad's era isn't the best but like Louis he's just going to have to make the best of it and go for quantity. However he does have some younger guys that could offer some interesting matchups, we'll just have to see how they pan out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Did he?

His best foes before he tangled with Holyfield and Lewis in "their era" were a light heavyweight Michael Spinks, an older faded champion in Larry Holmes, and 2 guys who were just solid contenders but never really got the most out of their ability in Bruno & Ruddock.

Dempsey fought Gene Tunney who was one of the best p4p fighters to ever live...as a champion he was lazy something like 5 title defenses or so...the good life got to him.

Louis had 25 successful title defenses and that could have been more had the war not cost him a few years.

Marciano wasn't even really a heavyweight but he was undefeated as one, undefeated vs some very good albeit older fighters

Liston meh his era was weak

Holmes had a lot of good young fighters in his era and they just tried for too much too quickly and also there was a horrible drug epidemic sweeping the lower levels of society at that time as well so a lot of those guys didn't reach their potential.

Wlad's era isn't the best but like Louis he's just going to have to make the best of it and go for quantity. However he does have some younger guys that could offer some interesting matchups, we'll just have to see how they pan out.
    On paper, Tysons resume wasn't impressive compared to some of the greater champions, but god dammit we saw what the man can do, and he would fare prett damn great against anyone in any era, thats what the debate really comes down to, is more skill, not so much resume of opponents, accomplishments. etc..

El Kabong Guest

On paper, Tysons resume wasn't impressive compared to some of the greater champions, but god dammit we saw what the man can do, and he would fare prett damn great against anyone in any era, thats what the debate really comes down to, is more skill, not so much resume of opponents, accomplishments. etc..
    Tyson's record always left me wanting him to have more fights especially in the 1990's and early 2000's. There were a boatload of guys he could have fought and that would have been good matches and great matches even.

Riddick Bowe
    Shannon Briggs
    Ray Mercer
    Tommy Morrison
    Chris Byrd
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    David Tua
    Hasim Rahman
    Oliver McCall
    Vitali
    Wlad
    Sam Peter
    Michael Moorer
    Michael Grant
    Gerry Cooney
    George Foreman
    James Toney
    Lamon Brewster
    Sergei Liakhovich
    John Ruiz

I could list fighters for days...and sure lots of them would be short work for Tyson but as Tyson aged a lot of those guys would have given him hell and would have beaten the dog piss out of him due to his slowing down and ineffectiveness at being a pressure fighter later on in his career.

I'm more realistic about Tyson's career than the fanboys, but still you'd love to see him fight anyone and everyone his style was just such a good matchup for any other style.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson's record always left me wanting him to have more fights especially in the 1990's and early 2000's. There were a boatload of guys he could have fought and that would have been good matches and great matches even.

Riddick Bowe
    Shannon Briggs
    Ray Mercer
    Tommy Morrison
    Chris Byrd
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    David Tua
    Hasim Rahman
    Oliver McCall
    Vitali
    Wlad
    Sam Peter
    Michael Moorer
    Michael Grant
    Gerry Cooney
    George Foreman
    James Toney
    Lamon Brewster
    Sergei Liakhovich
    John Ruiz

I could list fighters for days...and sure lots of them would be short work for Tyson but as Tyson aged a lot of those guys would have given him hell and would have beaten the dog piss out of him due to his slowing down and ineffectiveness at being a pressure fighter later on in his career.

I'm more negative about Tyson's career than everyone else, but still you'd love to see him fight anyone and everyone his style was just such a good matchup for any other style.
    i made some changes to your post
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information