1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lets end the Mike Tyson debate

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
    What im saying is they take it right before their workout because it provides an energy rush. You take it and your zooming ready to take on anything.
    Energy rush? What substance are we talking about?

Steroids help you recover quicker from a workout and experience bigger gains. I've never heard of a steroid that you inject right before a workout that gives you an energy rush.

Im talking about steroids. When someone injects testosterone in their body they get a rush almost like any other drug. It

I guess everyone is different and some people might not get that effect but from the people I know that use roids the love injecting that sht because it gets them pumped.

From what I understood its one of the main reason people get addicted to juice (other than athletic gains).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    So master would you agree that Holyfeilds prime was pretty much after the second Bowie fight. I say that is the best answer after that he started to have a lot of hart problems and got hep b as well. He was also in his 30's and been fighting for 10 years so i say that was his prime really if you can not find out.

The Bowe fights obviously took something away from Holyfield.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

steroids dont make you fat, eating too much and not excersizing makes you fat

steroids improve your performance and you dont have to do anything other than take steroids to improve your performance
    We're talking about this because the statements you are making (like the ones above) are simply not true. Steroids promote the retention of water and fat.

Muscle is formed from the breaking down of the muscle (caused by exertion of the muscle through exercise) and the rebuilding. If you don't do anything, you're not going to have any gains and you'll suffer through the side effects anyway.
    steroids dont promote the retention of fat

a lot of people get water bloated when on steroids yes, this is short term, when you stop taking them the water goes

you will only put fat on if you eat more callories than you burn (whether you take steroids or not)

if you dont do anything whilst on steroids you wont have any muscle gains you are right but you will see strength gains

you are at risk from the side effects how ever you approach it, your risk may increase for many reasons and one is if your diet isnt clean

I have been going to gyms from an early age, i have gone through periods of bodybuilding, i have never done steroids but i have considered it a researched it many times and i have mixed with people who have, still do

i was just talking to someone I have known for years last night in the gym about his current cycle and the strength gains he is getting

a lot of people start cycles with dbol (fast acting pills), which after a short time they see big (short term) strength gains (not long term muscle gains)

what i am saying is true, if my gran went on a cycle of steroids and did nothing she would see temporary strength gains
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

BTW Tyson never took PED
    How do we know that?
    in a interview he said if he could do i tall over agian he wold take gowth homrone , it implies he didnt do it,and u know mike has a tendency to be brutally honest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am having a blast reading your guys responses, maybe we should change this thread to " Lets START the Mike Tyson debate....and steroids. "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I am having a blast reading your guys responses, maybe we should change this thread to " Lets START the Mike Tyson debate....and steroids. "

lol or "Lets debate Mike Tyson and steroids endlessly with no clear conclusions on anything"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The title does appear a tad short sighted. In hindsight of course

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    So master would you agree that Holyfeilds prime was pretty much after the second Bowie fight. I say that is the best answer after that he started to have a lot of hart problems and got hep b as well. He was also in his 30's and been fighting for 10 years so i say that was his prime really if you can not find out.

The Bowe fights obviously took something away from Holyfield.
    I think Holyfield’s prime is when he was undefeated heavyweight champion including his battle with Bowe. After that he bulked up and although he beat Bowe he was slower and the victory was mainly because Bowe was the same fighter as a champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the rematch with Bowie Holyfeild was fighting a better fight if not for the fan man it would of been ended instead of a decision for Holyfeild. I mean after that it was kinda showing that fighting bigger guys and going through wars started to take a tole on him. Not to mention his heart condition was kinda getting worse and he would look dead in the ring. I am not sure to this day how he was allowed to fight so long with that condition i mean if he comes back at 50 hey may die in the ring from it. It is kinda hard to see one of my favs go the path of Holyfeild but hey live by the sword and you will die by it sometime i guess you could say. But he did have a good run after Tyson win avenged Moorer and took lewis for all he could take in the rematch at 37 or 38 years of age then he kinda just should of stopped after he got the wba belt it was time to really call it a day then for Holyfeild.
    Last edited by Mr140; 06-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

BTW Tyson never took PED
    How do we know that?
    in a interview he said if he could do i tall over agian he wold take gowth homrone , it implies he didnt do it,and u know mike has a tendency to be brutally honest
    Well fuck, if Mike says he never did them I guess we'll have to take him at his word...

Mike is brutally honest about his life outside the ring, but he would never say anything that would tarnish his legacy as a boxer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike strikes me as a guy who doesn't get hung up on legacy, ego tripping wise. Whatever ya think of him in the ring he's pretty layed back, at least now. He has respect for where he came from and who came before him.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure, but you don't get cleared from something without question just by denying it.

I've heard Mike trash himself as a human being, but I've never heard him speak negatively about his boxing career in any way.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure, but you don't get cleared from something without question just by denying it.

I've heard Mike trash himself as a human being, but I've never heard him speak negatively about his boxing career in any way.
    Well yeh but I don't know what he or anyone else can do to change minds except deny something. Unless he- they are caught dead to rights it's all keyboard Jury.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Well yeh but I don't know what he or anyone else can do to change minds except deny something. Unless he- they are caught dead to rights it's all keyboard Jury.
    Yes Beanflicker stop accusing everyone of taking something. Go piss off with Ray.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny thing is that Tyson failed a drug test and Holyfeild never did just goes show how well the testing must be if he did it for 26 years. Also have to agree with Bean on why would a fighter admit to doing something they were never official caught in testing doing makes no sense at all to do.

Thread Information