Thread: Have reversed my Canelo-Win Prediction after watching Mosley-Canelo

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have reversed my Canelo-Win Prediction after watching Mosley-Canelo

Floyd will not stop Canelo, he runs far too much and if he stops long enough Saul will pulverise the money man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    40 year old Shane, a real lightweight with double-fisted power at 135, decent power at welterweight (why didnt he ever fight Trinidad? that would have been great!!!), really has no left jab or oustanding left hook at 154, and just that short chopping right hand and occasional stright-down-the-pipe right lead.

And even with all this deficit at age 40, he went the full 12 rounds with canelo----20 years younger!!!----and I scored the last 2 rounds for Mosely and I think he actually hurt or atleast stunned canelo a few times in the 11th and 12th rounds. I scored the fight 8 rounds Canelo, 3 rounds Mosley, 1 even or 117-112 for canelo. those 119-109 judges must have been smoking horse.

Why I have reversed my prediction is:

1. if a 40 year old Shane can take him all the way and even win the last 2 rounds, never slowing up, then imagine what Floyd will do.
    I think your being a bit dissrespectful to Mosely. I don't think I have even seen Mosely badly hurt, never mind knocked down or knocked out.

Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Antonio Margarito, Miguel Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya, Fernando Vargas and Winky Wright could not get him out of there

So why should Canelo ?

Canelo dominated Mosely and eased up in the final two when the UD was in the bag

2. canelo doesnt fight more than 45 seconds of each 3 minute round.
    He must be doing something right to still be an unbeaten world champ at the age of 22. It's not about being a Wayne McCullogh and throwing loads of punches that wins fight. It's about what you do when you throw the punches. Mayweather fights in single shots and doesn't really throw that many combos. It's about the intensity and sting you bring with the punches that you throw. Mike Tyson is another one - You tube him - He didn't waste shots so every punch he threw had bad intentions

3. canelo doesnt follow-up when he has a fighter hurt.
    You could view that as a maturity beyond his years. Most fighters know when they're opponent is hurt, sometimes a fighter can be shaken and not badly hurt.

4. canelo has had too many fights already at age 21, reminds me of Vargas, and now he will get ruined just like Vargas fighting Floyd. I hate Floyd but after watching canelo against Shane I think for the first time in my life I will be rooting for Floyd.
    Mexicans don't seem to bother with building up these stellar amateur careers. If they did then they would seriously threaten Cuban and the european dominance of the amateurs. It's not how many fights you've had that makes you ring worn but how hard they have been.

Carl Froch is 13 years older than Canelo but has had 11 less fights than him but the fights he has had have been much harder than Canelos. A lot of Canelo's earlier fights were little more than sparring sessions.

Not sure exactly why, I was high on canelo for the past 12 months, but now I think I saw something in the Mosely fight that tells me that canelo is a young strong punk and will not be around in another 2 or 3 years . His star will burn fast and bright and fizzle out by 2016. He will be an old 25 years old, like Vargas. Just like Vargas.
    I just think Mayweather can't carry on fighting at the elite level that he does and aging that he is and expecting to have relatively straight forward UD verdicts everytime. Eventually there is always someone who has your number and it could be Canelo.
    Last edited by denilson200; 06-08-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is easy to call. Canelo is too slow on his feet and isnt buy enough to outpoint Floyd. He isnt a 1 punch ko artist o will need to wear floyd own but i cant see him landing often enough especially when you consider washed up mosley walked through his shots for 12 rounds.

Floyd boxes like he did vs Guerro. The 152 catch weigh is the final nail in the coffin

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    This fight is easy to call. Canelo is too slow on his feet and isnt buy enough to outpoint Floyd. He isnt a 1 punch ko artist o will need to wear floyd own but i cant see him landing often enough especially when you consider washed up mosley walked through his shots for 12 rounds.

Floyd boxes like he did vs Guerro. The 152 catch weigh is the final nail in the coffin
    yes I agree

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo will position his feet and get his shots off quick. No one has stopped Shane and i do not think anyone will. It needed a head clash from Forrest to put him down.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you go to the well one to many times, you may find it dry Floyd is a great fighter this could
    happen weather it may be Canelo I don't no but older you go you lose a little bit of your ability
    speed, defensive or punch Resistance, it doe's and will happen to Floyd when well it's coming
    sooner than later age is a fact er.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting perspective on the Mosley fight, I hadn't thought of it that way but am now inclined to agree with you.

Thread Information