Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Have reversed my Canelo-Win Prediction after watching Mosley-Canelo

40 year old Shane, a real lightweight with double-fisted power at 135, decent power at welterweight (why didnt he ever fight Trinidad? that would have been great!!!), really has no left jab or oustanding left hook at 154, and just that short chopping right hand and occasional stright-down-the-pipe right lead.

And even with all this deficit at age 40, he went the full 12 rounds with canelo----20 years younger!!!----and I scored the last 2 rounds for Mosely and I think he actually hurt or atleast stunned canelo a few times in the 11th and 12th rounds. I scored the fight 8 rounds Canelo, 3 rounds Mosley, 1 even or 117-112 for canelo. those 119-109 judges must have been smoking horse.

Why I have reversed my prediction is:

1. if a 40 year old Shane can take him all the way and even win the last 2 rounds, never slowing up, then imagine what Floyd will do.

2. canelo doesnt fight more than 45 seconds of each 3 minute round.

3. canelo doesnt follow-up when he has a fighter hurt.

4. canelo has had too many fights already at age 21, reminds me of Vargas, and now he will get ruined just like Vargas fighting Floyd. I hate Floyd but after watching canelo against Shane I think for the first time in my life I will be rooting for Floyd.

Not sure exactly why, I was high on canelo for the past 12 months, but now I think I saw something in the Mosely fight that tells me that canelo is a young strong punk and will not be around in another 2 or 3 years . His star will burn fast and bright and fizzle out by 2016. He will be an old 25 years old, like Vargas. Just like Vargas.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have reversed my Canelo-Win Prediction after watching Mosley-Canelo

This fight is why I dont rate Canelo. I was falling asleep during it, it was that dull and against a completely worn out fighter like Mosley he should have got him out of there, especially seeing as Shane was so much smaller! Shane is easy to hit compared to Floyd too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes canelo only has a very small chance against floyd and its only because of the huge size advantage he will have come fight night.When canelo met mosley everyone new mosley didnt have a chance it was a test for canelo to ko mosley and what actually happened was that mosley did better againest canelo than he did againest floyd and pacman. canelo is very over rated and floyd will show this with a very 1 sided fight. I think even now pacman would give floyd a better test.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo lacks power , if he had a big punch to go with his nice skills and speed then yes he could have a chance.
    However Floyd brings amazing speed and skills to the table , UD Floyd
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 06-07-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think floyd will shock the world and stop canelo in the middle rounds like 7-8.
    i think floyd needs a fight like this to wake everybody up and show he is still hot.
    i think floyd does the opposite of what we are all thinking and he goes right at canelo.
    floyd will not take too kindly to being pushed and bulled around the ring and at some point he will stand his ground and really do some damage.

wow have I changed my mind on this. floyd by TKO in round 8

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    i think floyd will shock the world and stop canelo in the middle rounds like 7-8.
    i think floyd needs a fight like this to wake everybody up and show he is still hot.
    i think floyd does the opposite of what we are all thinking and he goes right at canelo.
    floyd will not take too kindly to being pushed and bulled around the ring and at some point he will stand his ground and really do some damage.

Sir, you talk trash almost as well a Ali.
    Plenty of us are hoping Canelo will win or at least look good against Floyd, but most of us know what's coming.
    When Floyd beats Canelo, it will not make Canelo worthless, a bum, irrelevant or disappear from the boxing world.
    This is a fight you should just set back and enjoy, watch Floyd work his magic and hope Canelo can put Floyd on his ass, it would create some great posts, in my opinion. LOL

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with Floyd is that all the armchair analysts say the same thing: ohh all you have to do is be busy/get inside and bang the body/use a jab consistently. They point to the fact that Floyd was bothered by Mosley and DLH early on, and say "if you can keep up that pace, you can beat Floyd", as if DLH and Mosley just decided to stop what was working for no apparent reason.

The truth is Floyd adapts to opponents probably better than anyone in the history of boxing. If he sees that you're causing him trouble with something (like DLH and Mosley did), he will adjust his game and use tactics to nullify or discourage his opponent from doing what was working. That's why he's undefeated: most guys go in with a plan A and maybe, MAYBE, a plan B, whereas Floyd adapts to his opponent like a virus.

I just don't see how Canelo could possibly be prepared to deal with Floyd's boxing IQ, being as young an inexperienced on the world class stage as he is.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Canelo has had too many fights; Chavez had had 44 or 45 by age 20, and he didn't burn out for quite some time. My good friend- with impeccable boxing credentials- thinks that Mayweather will out box Alvarez, because Alvarez makes you miss but waits, doesn't counter. We haven't really talked much about it because he also picked Maidana to stop Josesito Lopez and I quit speaking to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whens the last time anyone watched a Shane Mosely fight where they didn't fall asleep? He fought 2 rounds against Floyd. Got on his bicycle one Manny planted his ass, and he was on his bike against Canelo. Canelo is still developing guys. Come on. He's 22. There's still things we haven't seen from him yet. I'm not saying that Canelo will win, but I do see him putting in a solid performance. But I think Floyd knows exactly what he's getting into. That's the only reason he took this fight. He wasn't sure what the outcome against Manny would be 3 years ago and that's why he bitched up. But someone on this thread is saying Floyd will go right at Canelo? That's laughable. Floyd actually taking a risk? No...again...history shows floyd bitches up when presented with a risk. Canelo has a very small chance of winning. The thing that makes him so dangerous in this fight is that he literally has NOTHING to lose. He loses no credibility if Floyd beats him, and becomes a Boxing God at 22 if he somehow pulls this off.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has good numbers but lacks substantive depth. Not rounds I mean really, when's he been pushed around and faced substantial adversity. Gomez? Cottos brother? Trout, where he basically built a lead and coasted down stretch. He hasnt had too many fights, he has had way too much one way traffic. Hes going from a Sunday parklane stroll to Formula 1 with Floyd. Yeh, I respect the win but that was his moment to smash in the front door and press advantage against first decent, fresh boxer. You think he's going to have the luxury to wait and turn defensive boxer with a Mayweather A sharp jab will be bouncing off that big ol red melon and he'll need to have aggressive answers, often!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    The thing with Floyd is that all the armchair analysts say the same thing: ohh all you have to do is be busy/get inside and bang the body/use a jab consistently. They point to the fact that Floyd was bothered by Mosley and DLH early on, and say "if you can keep up that pace, you can beat Floyd", as if DLH and Mosley just decided to stop what was working for no apparent reason.

The truth is Floyd adapts to opponents probably better than anyone in the history of boxing. If he sees that you're causing him trouble with something (like DLH and Mosley did), he will adjust his game and use tactics to nullify or discourage his opponent from doing what was working. That's why he's undefeated: most guys go in with a plan A and maybe, MAYBE, a plan B, whereas Floyd adapts to his opponent like a virus.

I just don't see how Canelo could possibly be prepared to deal with Floyd's boxing IQ, being as young an inexperienced on the world class stage as he is.
    On the subject of Mosley/ Mayweather:-
    We all know what happened in round 2 but check out round 3 when Mosley tries it again. Mayweather hits him with a beautiful three punch combo and I'm sure Mosley never tries it again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all know whats going to happen lets just all pretend canelo size snd power will make a difference.

Money will dance and counter all over this guy and the post discussion will be that canelo was too green and floyd is still ducking manny.

This will be another masterclass and i cant wait.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    We all know what happened in round 2 but check out round 3 when Mosley tries it again. Mayweather hits him with a beautiful three punch combo and I'm sure Mosley never tries it again.
    Exactly. It drives me nuts when these airchair analysts talk about it like it's easy to just throw a bunch of punches at a pro boxer, let alone a guy with Floyd's elusiveness and counter punching. If it was that simple, Mosley would have done it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Exactly. It drives me nuts when these airchair analysts talk about it like it's easy to just throw a bunch of punches at a pro boxer, let alone a guy with Floyd's elusiveness and counter punching. If it was that simple, Mosley would have done it.
    We all know that Floyd is BOSS but i am going with the "Canelo has a better chance than Guerrero"..I am an armchair analyst!...Do i drive you nuts?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Sir, you talk trash almost as well a Ali.
    Plenty of us are hoping Canelo will win or at least look good against Floyd, but most of us know what's coming.
    When Floyd beats Canelo, it will not make Canelo worthless, a bum, irrelevant or disappear from the boxing world.
    This is a fight you should just set back and enjoy, watch Floyd work his magic and hope Canelo can put Floyd on his ass, it would create some great posts, in my opinion. LOL
    wtf?? ................ ...................

Thread Information