Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Last of Us

How's the game going Mark?

I am going to drive out and buy my copy next Monday, and it's my early vacation treat. I can envision nothing better than a futureless, apocalyptic, wasteland with survival and smashing annoying idiots over the head with things being the main aim. It's just the kind of man I am.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I started this game yesterday afternoon. Visually stunning but after a couple of hours I was starting to get bored and stopped - man it's slow, hope it picks up.

And the main character can't shoot for shit (ok thats part of the different approach the game has taken) but it's so bad in that John Marston would be turning in his grave.

I will give it another crack today
    It starts off slow but picks up that's what i thought when i first got it. I was expecting Uncharted with zombies, but it's more focused on stealth which isn't a bad thing but it may not be to everyone's taste.

But there's plenty of shooting later in the game, its a pretty good game but i don't think it deserves the 10/10 its been getting i think its a bit overrated.

BTW if your having trouble with the shooting, you can turn auto aim on if your playing on easy.
    Last edited by ICB; 06-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I just bought DC Universe Online....badass game but it took 4 fucking hours to download all the crap that goes on to the PS3 for it....holy dog shit it was FOR EVER.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it got better and picks up as ICB says

to be honest I now prefer melee attacks and twatting things with lead piping. Much more effective than shooting once they get in close.

I do try stealth but once they spot you its like I've wasted several minutes creeping around

It is a very good game but yes I don't get the 'greatest game of all time' hype either. Certainly wont play it again and it will be straight to part ex
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

I enjoy zombie games, but after a while it becomes fairly tedious UNLESS you have some other things to do rather than bash zombie skulls in for example: finding food, supplies, providing for others in your group, finding safe places to stay (big points if there's also places to stay which come under zombie attack), travelling across zombie plagued lands to get to food, shelter, and safety.

Just smashing or running away from zombies isn't enough.

Also not to be off topic again but DC Universe Online is bad as crap (once you get past the bullshit download times). You build your own hero/villain, and choose your powers and costume et al....very neat although these days you have to be VERY creative with the names as most of the good ones have been taken.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going Batshit Man.

Thread Information