Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default setting up "blind" punch?

I was wondering what actually makes a "blind" punch ie the punch you dont see. Can you effectively set these up? What would be a set up?

It seems the knock outs where coaches or commentators say it was the punch he didnt see was either a) a wild punch, overhand or leaping hook. something along that nature or b)a counter show while the opponent is throwing a punch

is this true? or can you actually hit someone with a straight punch for example cross and hide it with a feint or tactic?

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: setting up "blind" punch?

Quote Originally Posted by knocktown View Post
    I was wondering what actually makes a "blind" punch ie the punch you dont see. Can you effectively set these up? What would be a set up?

It seems the knock outs where coaches or commentators say it was the punch he didnt see was either a) a wild punch, overhand or leaping hook. something along that nature or b)a counter show while the opponent is throwing a punch

is this true? or can you actually hit someone with a straight punch for example cross and hide it with a feint or tactic?
    The saying is, you always finish with the hook, because it comes from outside the opponent's line of sight, he doesn't see it coming. That's another reason for keeping that left hand low- when you start feinting and moving your head and shoulders, the left hand is out of the line of vision and you bring it up and around.
    That, of course, is one of the super huge benefits of counter-punching well. Your opponent gets focused on what he is trying to do to you and forgets about what you are trying to do to him.
    You can do just about anything if you set it up right. These days you see a lot of guys stand square up, jab, chin up and the right hand flares out. I would counter that jab with an inside slip and a straight right to the chest...then I would ignore it, just catch the jab and jab back, maybe take a couple high on my head to get him stepping. Then I would work that inside slip and shoot the straight right to his chin. I think that that would be a 'didn't see that one' type of punch.

Thread Information