Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Official; Adrian Broner is a POS....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's Official; Adrian Broner is a POS....

I try not to consider any fighters "outside" the ring antics because I'm only interested in viewing skills and if the fighters dedicated! What he wears to the fight or music is played or any other meaningless crap has no meaning to me. This era's boxer are pretty much all shallow personalities atleast in what they show to the public! That being said;
    Broner has the ability and skills to be an excellant fighter who comes to box and fights out of a boxers mentality too! His management is moving slowly but wisely by picking certain opponents he needs to see and now with the last bout he gets the full 12 rounds in with a safe opponent as far as a threat in the late rounds!
    I thought he could have opened up more than he did and also follow through with more shots but Paulie hauled azz out of there when Broner came off the cross armed shell and attacked! Broner could have concentrated on the hook to the body far more than he did and that would have slowed Paulie down so Adrian could hook the head but it didn't happen. He did chop a nice right hand to Paulies left side and that did slow Paulie jab down abit. All an all Paulie survived and Broner got his 12 rounds in and they both got paid well and all the fans were happy & sad just as they always are!!!
    Oh yeah they both weren't very tired were they? Where did the side piece go? hahaha!!!
    Atleast Bika and the Mexican kid came to fight, one out of five wasn't bad! Ray.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Before Floyd became "Money"...he was already a great champion. Mayweather had a tremendous amatuer career and had impressive wins over the likes of Hernandez and Corralles at about the same age as Broner. Broner is trying to skip ahead to just being an attention grabbing personality. His handlers have padded his record nicely up to this point...but if this kid doesn't take his business in the ring more seriously...he is going to get badly exposed. His wide, flat footed stance and surprising lack of lateral movement don't inspire a ton of confidence in his vastly overrated defense. And he clearly didn't carry his supposed power that well up to 147.
    Very true, but Floyd also wasn't a mega draw until he got some limelight and started to behave like a chimp. Sadly his prior accomplishments didn't have anything to do with people starting to take notice, and really he's never been quite as impressive as he was before anyone hated him. Broner is obviously anything but smart, however he is going to bank a lot more coin being such a turd. IF his antics are just for show and he trains as hard as he would in any case, it'll only help him, and a lot. That's not to say he won't blow all of his money or wind up in jail or something, but that's a distinct possibly no matter what with people like this.

Regardless of Floyd's antics...and the quality of his resume now vs. early in his career...he is still a tremendous fighter. Also, with Floyd...despite his "Money" persona...there is no questioning how serious he takes his craft. There is no one as disciplined and skilled as him in the fight game. He also has a much stronger foundation than Broner...having had an accomplished amatuer career and possessing incredible pedigree. Broner has been able to get by B level competition. But i am far from convinced that he can handle bigger challenges both inside and outside of the ring. We shall find out.
    For sure, I'm only coming from a marketing standpoint. If Floyd were soft spoken or humble he'd probably never have become the biggest draw in the sport, Pacquiao would've eclipsed him despite barely speaking a word of english and having 0 personality. On the same token Broner will garner a lot more attention behaving like he does regardless of how he fights. Thats why he's already probably making more money than Floyd did at a similar age despite not being nearly as good.

Look at Andre Ward. Now I understand completely his style isn't for everyone and he can make for ugly fights, but there's no denying it hurts him financially to be civilized and respectful of his opponents. Sucks but it's just the way it is.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    My hatred for Broner is tempered by the fact that twenty years from now he'll be living in the same housing project he grew up in and he'll look like his dad.

Let's not wish that on anyone. That's a fate worse than death.
    I was looking for a photo that does Broner's dad justice but can't find one. Never mind.

Broner Junior isn't the only member of his family who can easily jump two weight classes.
    His Dad is what we Americans call a fat "chode".
    He's what we English call a fat "bastard".

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My hatred for Broner is tempered by the fact that twenty years from now he'll be living in the same housing project he grew up in and he'll look like his dad.

Let's not wish that on anyone. That's a fate worse than death.
    I was looking for a photo that does Broner's dad justice but can't find one. Never mind.

Broner Junior isn't the only member of his family who can easily jump two weight classes.
    His Dad is what we Americans call a fat "chode".
    He's what we English call a fat "bastard".
    Can't blame him really though. If your son turned out like Broner then you would probably turn to food for solace. I would eat a whole manatee in a sandwich just for breakfast.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No living creature in history has merely "turned out" like Broner. He is the kind of stupid that must be cemented unwaveringly throughout a morally destitute upbringing. Fuck his whale of a dad too I say!

Thread Information