Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on How to Score a specific round.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Question on How to Score a specific round.

If a fighter wins the round and gets a knockdown, but has a point removed for a headbutt what is the score?

If a fighter loses the majority of the round but gets a knockdown at the very end of the round, what is the score?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question on How to Score a specific round.

Quote Originally Posted by boxing scores View Post
    If a fighter wins the round and gets a knockdown, but has a point removed for a headbutt what is the score?

If a fighter loses the majority of the round but gets a knockdown at the very end of the round, what is the score?
    Good question!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first scenario, I think even judges don't know! But in the past I've seen it become a 10-9 to the fighter that scored the knockdown.

The second scenario the guy scoring the knockdown takes it 10-8. I know it seems wrong, but that is what usually happens. Although the judges don't have to.
    But really, he was losing the round until the knockdown, knockdowns kind of usurp anything before it, so he then is winning the round at that point, plus the extra point for the knockdown. It seems a bit backward but the way I think of it is that rounds are sorted by who scored the most knockdowns, if, as is usually the case, there are none in a round, then you sort by the other criteria.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not really complicated. Point deductions are taken from the overall scorecard, it's irrelevant what round it happened in.

But quite simply -

1. Would be 10-9

2. Is either 10-8 or 10-9 depending on the judges discretion
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Point deductions are taken from the overall scorecard, it's irrelevant what round it happened in.
    I never knew that You're the MAN Fenwick!!!!

Tell the truth - you've missed me calling you that, haven't you
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Point deductions are taken from the overall scorecard, it's irrelevant what round it happened in.
    I never knew that You're the MAN Fenwick!!!!

Tell the truth - you've missed me calling you that, haven't you
    err... I guess so ().
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You meant fighter a winning 2:45 of a round then fighter b scoring a KD in second scenario? I think this is why a 10 point must system is flawed and encourages math tricks. If a guy goes down regardless of what came prior, he should lose a point, no maneuvering numbers etc. In Holyfield v Moorer for example it was scored a 10-10. It's just as simple as losing a point. A ruled power KD should be more costly than being out jabbed. If you lose a point on a foul you LOSE it, etc etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First question is a 2 point knockdown score but 1 point penality for a foul! One point advantage!
    The second question is a difficult one without viewing the senerio! Your granted the 2 point advantage from a knockdown but if your lossing the round big it could be a 1 point up or even round!
    If even you need to look hard for an advantage from one or the other. Even rounds should be a rareity and theres usually a winner if you look hard enough!
    Also consider the effect of the knockdown was it a flash or a meanigfull drop? Ray.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) If the fighter wins the round hes up 10-9. If he knocks the dude down as well that fighter loses another point so it would be 10-8. So if the fighter who wins the round 10-8 gets penalized 1 point for head butting then that puts it at a 9-8 round.

2) If a fighter is obviously loosing a round then gets a knockdown at the very end of the round, then the fighter he knocks down gets deducted 1 point for the knock down. So 9-9 round.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post

1) If the fighter wins the round hes up 10-9. If he knocks the dude down as well that fighter loses another point so it would be 10-8. So if the fighter who wins the round 10-8 gets penalized 1 point for head butting then that puts it at a 9-8 round.

2) If a fighter is obviously loosing a round then gets a knockdown at the very end of the round, then the fighter he knocks down gets deducted 1 point for the knock down. So 9-9 round.
    Sorry, but neither of those are right. It's a 10 point must system.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

No need to apologize. Number 2, I am kinda iffy about and there is a small chance I might be wrong. But number 1 is definitely right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No need to apologize. Number 2, I am kinda iffy about and there is a small chance I might be wrong. But number 1 is definitely right.

So yeah #2 im pretty sure im wrong actually.

I think the fighter who was losing would win the round 10-9 because he got the knockdown.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely not right. 10-point-must means you the winner of the round must have 10 points.

Forget looking at Wikipedia bro, just read what Fenster said.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 06-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely not right. 10-point-must means you the winner of the round must have 10 points.

That's not including penalties.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's not including penalties.
    Which get deducted at the end of the fight.

(Credit to Fenster)
    Hidden Content

Thread Information