Thread: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Not a strange thing you queers sticking up for eachother. Take turns posting between sucking one another off. Clearly have a hard on for Valero hence defending him.
    Did you witness Valero supposedly beating his wife? No you did not. So shut the fuck up. You have no facts. Just a bunch of gossip. And you spread it just like a bitch would
    And when El Finito takes your dick out of his mouth I'm sure ill get a similar reply from him. You funboys have no place on a boxing forum
    Stop ducking the question bitch. Answer it. If not shut the fuck up
    Can you not cum when I'm talking bout it? That what's taking el Finito so long to reply?
    That's your 3rd post in row where you talking about a guy sucking another guys dick with no boxing being mentioned. You use it the first time as a intended insult. Fine. Whatever. You use it the 2nd time without mentioning any boxing cuz it's something you obviously like talking about. Using it the 3rd time without mentioning any boxing shows it's something you are without a doubt into and most likely partaking in right now
    No only into women mate. Sorry. El Finito not doing it for ya anymore. None of your posts have had anything to do with boxing. Now fuck off and go down on your fella like a good gay man should.
    I have no doubt you know what a good gay man is. Only a fag would put Silkey in front of there name

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

Some of you guys are straight up pussies. Act like men i just wanna tell ya.

Dont speak on a man if you never walked in his shoes lil pussies. Fags are fags period.

If any of you want superiority over me on a Boxing forum, u gotta prove that u are more knowledgable about this shit than i am.

Talkin about so and so lacks boxing knoweldge or whatever haha..

Ey it's simple. U want braggin right and wanna talk shit, u gotta show something. Very simple.

IN our first season of Saddo Boxing league, I finished as a top 10er and that's just the same wherever I go cuz I know my shit. Im a 1st place in one place and might be in the top 10 in another but im a pro whatever it is..

If u wanna talk shit, u gotta beat me in the saddoleague but if u aint got the knowledge to accomplish that then just STFU
    Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 07-06-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finito I will beat you this year, I am entering the competition this year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Some of you guys are straight up pussies. Act like men i just wanna tell ya.

Dont speak on a man if you never walked in his shoes lil pussies. Fags are fags period.

If any of you want superiority over me on a Boxing forum, u gotta prove that u are more knowledgable about this shit than i am.

Talkin about so and so lacks boxing knoweldge or whatever haha..

Ey it's simple. U want braggin right and wanna talk shit, u gotta show something. Very simple.

IN our first season of Saddo Boxing league, I finished as a top 10er and that's just the same wherever I go cuz I know my shit. Im a 1st place in one place and might be in the top 10 in another but im a pro whatever it is..

If u wanna talk shit, u gotta beat me in the saddoleague but if u aint got the knowledge to accomplish that then just STFU
    So I presume you've walked in a gay mans shoes since you're so quick to comment you closet fag.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edwin Valero, the fighter we can never forgive. Or forget

They go to prison for rape, for assaulting their partners, for avoiding tax, they shoot people in cold blood, they support harsh regimes, they fail drug tests, they believe in religious extremes and still we find a way to forgive our boxing idols.

And then there is Edwin Valero, the fighter we can never forgive. Or forget. Valero was 28 when he died, he was unbeaten in 27 fights with 27 savage knockouts or stoppages and he was a world champion at lightweight. Valero's first 18 fights had finished in the first round, nobody had taken him more than ten rounds and in Venezuela he was an old-fashioned hero – the type of public hero who is given a chance again and again by the people.

In the ring he had won world titles at two weights, was ready to move up, move back down and do just about anything to get big fights. He had a promotional deal with Bob Arum, the world's most influential promoter. He was a fight or two away from being the sport's top attraction. But, he was a psychopath and this is his grim story.

In early 2010 Arum had the fights ready, Valero was going to cross over from phantom to star. Nobody really knows how good he could have been, nobody knows what boxing history he could have made and changed before the end. He could have fought Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Vasyl Lomachenko, Terrence Crawford and retired in 2015 at just 33. Trust me, anything was possible in Valero's fighting life.

In Venezuela, Valero lived a dangerous life; he was given the National Hero award by his friend, President Hugo Chavez, he would drink until he was stupid and come out the other side with pounds of pure cocaine. He would drive drunk, carrying unlicensed firearms and he would treat people to everything they could drink, eat and stuff up their noses. He would then train, travel to Mexico, Japan or America and knock out out a man in a world title fight. And then repeat. He was on a run of eight consecutive world title fights in four years of losing his mind, four years stuck in a cloud of adoration that blurs every single line of decency. Not to mention humanity.

The paranoia came with the cocaine. He feared a conspiracy to kill him, he knew men were watching him, he told his friend, Chavez, of his dreams of death.

He would race away from imaginary cars chasing him through the streets of Caracas. He had other hallucinations and medicated with five-day benders. The people he trusted turned away in his hours and days of real need – they knew he would be back in the gym when a fight was made.

I guess, that was all that mattered. “We all looked away,” admitted Jose Castillo, his manager. There is a book about his life, out now, called Berserk by Don Stradley. It's a diary of his descent.

In March of 2010, six weeks after his latest defence, it begins to go horribly and violently wrong. His wife, Jennifer, was admitted to hospital with two fractured ribs, a deep bite on her back, damage to her thorax and lung damage consistent with being hit. It was not the first time. On the way to the hospital, Valero stops the car and vanishes for five days. It was not the first time.

Valero does finally appear at the hospital, causes a scene, is taken by the police and tested; he is over the alcohol limit and full of cocaine. He admits to crack, ecstasy and heroin. He is given a six-month sentence in rehab, but spends only three days and is released on 7 April. Meanwhile, Jennifer insists that she fell down stairs and had a fight with a woman, who was trying to rob her. They are soon reunited, arm-in-arm like two lovers.

After his release there is an immediate plan in government to get Valero to Cuba for treatment. Chavez pulls strings, it will happen, the national hero will be saved and clean. Valero has a tattoo of Chavez on his chest. The tale gets even wilder here; on the way to the airport to fly to Havana and salvation something goes wrong. Valero either overpowers the guards and flees or just escapes after a crash. He possibly simply bribed them. It makes no real difference, he is now on the run.

He somehow hires a car, stashes away a bundle of cash and a mad load of cocaine (50 grams) and goes to get Jennifer. He needs his partner to end the madness. He persuades her to go with him and she packs a case. It is 17 April.

Late that night – it was 11:39pm to be precise – Edwin and Jennifer check in to the Hotel Intercontinental. First, Valero has to have the room searched for bugs and to look for the men chasing him. He actually looked under the bed.

At 5:30am the next day, Valero appears in the hotel lobby. One report says he is disorientated and shoeless, another has him in shoes and more composed. In both versions he utters the same words: “I killed her.”

The police arrive, go to the room and she is dead. He has cut her throat. He goes peacefully to the station, but claims the men following him had killed her. He is placed in a cell, placed on suicide watch. The other inmates scream for him to end it all. He did, he was found at 1:30am on the 19th.

Chavez blamed the media: “It was the vultures,” he said. Some blamed a bike crash in 2001 for his altered mind. There were very complex tales about drug debt. All very colourful, but it makes no difference, he was dead, she was dead and pictures of her very public execution were soon released.

In many ways it was a double public execution, but we try not to mourn him.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/edw...100441854.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fine line boxing fans have to walk. Our sport isnt a game, its fighting. Our era we see many fighting for money/better life, yet one can question; what makes a normal person want to hit/get hit for a living.

I found myself not applauding each time I saw Jake Lamotta at the Boxing Hall of fame. He beat his wife. A lot. Yet his fans forgave him. Forgave Mike Tyson for beating his wife. Gerald McCellan beyond dog fighting was known to hit women he was involved with. I went out with a woman once who went to high school with Floyd Mayweather, she couldn't stand him for similar reasons and this is teenage years.

While none of these guys went as loco as this character, I can see how they might have-if they weren't born in America.

With that said, Valero was a train wreck waiting to happen, just a shame we never got to see him take on the top echelon before derailing.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird how a thread about a fighter turned killer turned pages of fellatio insults . I always found Valero a little overrated. Maybe just over pushed. Explosive no doubt but dude had 800 lb gorillas in his mental make up and wasn't that hard to miss. Hard to say how he'd fair at 140 around time of original post but can't see him swimming with many of the bigger names mentioned. DeMarco is pointed to as his top 1,2 win but looking back DeMarco was also early on himself. Broner was still light and on his way to waddling past 140 completely. I think Lucas would have been to sharp for him, Valero v Provo would have been rough stuff.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw a documentary on Valero, they interviewed Mikey Garcia, Garcia said Valero was the hardest puncher in sparring he had ever faced.
    Remember Mikey had a very strong chin .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information