Thread: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

I miss this fighter so much. I remember watching him spar in the gritty gyms of LA back in 04 when GBP had their eyes on him. This motherfucker could have been one of the greatest and shit, i shit you not.

There was this misconception of him being this one dimensional slugger but that was never the truth. EL Inca was an intelligent boxer-puncher but he often chose to brawl because he felt no danger from his oppositions.

He would have beat Pacman's ass and would have murdered the overrated Mythese.

ONly one who would have beat him is Marquez..

How would he have done in today's 140 division?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

Shame he was so much of a wing nut and a wife killing, mother beating scumbag. I don’t agree with you that he was a boxer/puncher. He was a puncher and he was raw. His power kept working so he neglected the finer points although he was showing signs of real improvement in the Demarco fight.

He was never going to get the big venues stateside because of his early brain injury. The big venues in the States have perhaps the strongest rules on the planet regarding bleeding on the brain.

He had a real shot albeit slim when he joined Arum to get on the Manny/Cotto undercard to fight Soto and he blew it by getting a DUI in Texas which then cancelled his work visa. Being the idiot that he is, he blamed the political riff with Chavez.
    He had another shot at real good exposure on a Latin Fury card that he backed out on at the last minute because he felt 6 figures was not enough.

Prior to offing himself he was again charged with a DUI while in camp for Lightweight Lightning.

No offense but I'm not sure how one reconciles with claiming Lucas is overrated while at the same time making the claims you did concerning Valero?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edwin Valero would have been a mad player in the current 140 division

I think Valero was a bit overrated tbh. He fought no one.

Demarco was the best he fought and the 2 fights prior to that were against a 36 and a 40 year old, which is very old at light weight.

He had almost no noticeable defences.

His punch accuracy was disgusting.

He was dropped by Mosquera and appeared very hurt, but he did good to come through, but Mosquera was not a puncher, he had like 40% knockout ratio.

I hate Broner and I think he is overrated also but someone as accurate as him would knock the wild Valero out
    Last edited by Vendettos; 06-28-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me, Valero's skills greatly eroded over the years after his accident and he became a wild slugger instead of the boxer/puncher he was supposed to be.

I loved Valero, a dynamite punching slugger is always a treat for boxing fans, but the fact is there were big flaws in his game and he was there to be hit. Besides a 40 year old Pitalua and Demarco, he had very few live opponents. Even Mosquera damaged him a lot in their fight.

To say he would whip a guy like Pacquiao... damn, I just don't see that. Valero will go down as another unfortunate "what if" story in boxing. He was on the verge of fighting champs and really proving himself, but then he went nuts.

And I don't really care about the "legendary stories" of his gym war exploits... who really cares. He never beat anyone.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosquera was a very good fighter. Valero went into his home town and took the title in front of a hostile crowd. It was a very impressive performance

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero v Garcia, that would be a fun fight. Id say Matthysse, Pac, Alvarado, Allakverdiev, Bradly, Alexander, Floyd, Marquez all beat him tho

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never had the privilege of seeing Valero fight, all I know was he was a brutal puncher, has a brain injury which stopped him fighting in big venues and he was a wife beating murderer who committed suicide.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have never had the privilege of seeing Valero fight, all I know was he was a brutal puncher, has a brain injury which stopped him fighting in big venues and he was a wife beating murderer who committed suicide.
    Alleged wife beater. No need to slander the mans name.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Hence the word "mad" being associated with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OH BY Far!!! Tha boy was a BEAST!!! He just could not handle his life OUTSIDE ThA Ring!!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tonybv View Post
    OH BY Far!!! Tha boy was a BEAST!!! He just could not handle his life OUTSIDE ThA Ring!!!

Oh yay, another new member that likes to misuse grammar.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some of you guys have no right to knock on the man's character. Whatever he did outside the ring dont mean shit. Even if he did slap his broad around, we dont know the reason behind it. Maybe she was a cheating whore? perhaps she splurged all his money? There could be many reasons why he slapped her up. Some women ask for it.

I judge Valero based on what he did inside the ring and dude was a monster..

SOmebody said Alvarado and some uinknown russian Allediev or whatever would beat Valero? LMFAO

DKSAB

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Some of you guys have no right to knock on the man's character. Whatever he did outside the ring dont mean shit.
    He was a woman beating, murdering fuck who pussied out and committed suicide rather than face the consequences of his actions. He deserves to be looked at in a negative light.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some of you guys have no right to knock on the man's character. Whatever he did outside the ring dont mean shit. Even if he did slap his broad around, we dont know the reason behind it. Maybe she was a cheating whore? perhaps she splurged all his money? There could be many reasons why he slapped her up. Some women ask for it.

I judge Valero based on what he did inside the ring and dude was a monster..

SOmebody said Alvarado and some uinknown russian Allediev or whatever would beat Valero? LMFAO

DKSAB
    I love this. SO quick to be critical to active fighters yet completely blind to ex fighters faults. The fact is Valero was not that good and apart from being a really strong, tough bastard, really wasnt that skilled a boxer and got hit too easily. He also never fought at Light welterweight so power possbibly not there at the weight and would be a lot shorter then some of the guys at Light welter.

Alvarado is 3 inches taller and has a longer reach. He would beat Valero in a similar way to Rios. The russian I mentioned is a very very good boxer and I wreckon he could out box Valero.

But the way you talk about people and the people you idolise makes me think you are not a very smart man so Im not going to argue with you over it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Some of you guys have no right to knock on the man's character. Whatever he did outside the ring dont mean shit.
    He was a woman beating, murdering fuck who pussied out and committed suicide rather than face the consequences of his actions. He deserves to be looked at in a negative light.
    Alleged women beater who was murdered in his cell. No need to make up lies.

Thread Information