Quote Originally Posted by soren321r View Post
I box 9 months, still new at all this.
This is my 6th boxing match, any ideas, tips, advice is welcome.
I tought I won round 1,2 but judges scored it diffrent.
My ligaments in my left thumb are torn, so I didn't throw alot to the head with my left
ME IN THE RED*
You box great for 9 months, I like your agility, head movement, calmness and the use of the jab and body work.

Heres what you need to work on.

angles- you seem to go in and out, dangerous with good counter punchers, your head movement helps you but instead of running away after attacking, turn to your left or right, Pacman does this great. and perhaps fire off another punch

Combos- work on throwing more than 2 punches

Pop- You need work to get your punches with a little more mustard on them so guys don't get to brave against you, that way when you hit them, it'll make them think. Throw as hard and as fast as you can in practice and hit a heavy bag.

Fear of punches-unless you have a bad chin, don't worry to much about incoming punches, your relaxed on the outside but you need to be more relaxed on the inside, practice fighting in the pocket, especially with guys that are taller.

Remember even some of the best can use some improvements so this is just observation, otherwise I think your boxing great and you will learn much more, 9 months your still a baby in the sport so be proud that your fighting win or lose, its all practice