Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Macklin vs golovkin

Did anyone else think macklin was beaten from the first bell? I thought he fought scared, didn't fight his own fight and when you're backing off someone like golovkin after the first minute in that way he was always going to go early, looked like he had no belief.

Golovkin has power clearly but I'm not sold n him being anything more than a slower and poor mans Trinidad as yet until he proves he can box well against a first rate boxer

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Macklin vs golovkin

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Did anyone else think macklin was beaten from the first bell? I thought he fought scared, didn't fight his own fight and when you're backing off someone like golovkin after the first minute in that way he was always going to go early, looked like he had no belief.

Golovkin has power clearly but I'm not sold n him being anything more than a slower and poor mans Trinidad as yet until he proves he can box well against a first rate boxer
    Couldnt disagree with you more! Macklin was comfortable until he got hit. He had never been hit with power like that and thats what scared him. He is the best MW in the world and no one will come close to beating him in the div for a long time

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Couldnt disagree with you more! Macklin was comfortable until he got hit. He had never been hit with power like that and thats what scared him. He is the best MW in the world and no one will come close to beating him in the div for a long time
    Macklin=ATG, you GGG fans are the new Pactards, every win will become an amazing win I've never seen anyone claim Golovkin has an resume.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mack caught a jab and a glancing right off his head and after that exchange he decided being on the move might be better for a while!
    Just listen to the praise GGG gets from his opponents after the bout is over!
    GGG can box effectively and as he attacks he's under control and very deliberate!
    Everyone should be thrilled with this guy finally a man who has heavy hands and comes to win and doesn't want any judge to be involved.........thats a beautifull thing!
    I'm not sure about moving up in weight I think he stays at 160 and visits Europe and catches Froch and rest of the "home cooking squad" at 160+4 in non titled 10 rounders! I believe the fans wouldn't give a damn about the ABc titles they just want to see a real fight!
    Sergio can't deal with GGG and actually I think Junior would beat Sergio at this time! Don't get me wrong Junior was the biggest "hype job" ever but Sergio without his legs isn't much!

Cheers to GGG a Middleweight Champ that can actually punch!!! Ray.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why a poor mans Trinidad, just because they could both punch? When did Tito prove he could box well against a first rate boxer anyways, for that matter

Golovkin will beat the piss out of any middleweights out there imo, I'm just not sure he's big enough to jump to 168 right away. Martinez may as well just retire though.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Froch part of the home cooking squad? I agree with most of your post but what the hell does that mean?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    How is Froch part of the home cooking squad? I agree with most of your post but what the hell does that mean?
    Eddie Hearns has a potluck for his stable every month. He'll usually roast a huge duck with canned tomatoes and all the easy pickings for everyone to share.

Thread Information