Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch - Golovkin mid 2014?

I started talking about this in the fight chat thread but i do think this deserves its on thread. Apparently this is a fight that could be made next year and it would be a great fight to happen. Hearn is keen and so is Froch and I have no doubts GGG would be too.

I think GGG needs to try and clean up 160, he was impressive against macklin but he still needs the beat Martinez IMO to prove he's the best. Until he's done that he can't be known as the best. And there's still Barker/Geale, Murray and Quillen. But watching Barker and Murrays reaction in the studio after the win, I don't think they would be too interested in fighting Golvokin.

It will be interesting to see who steps up to him next but I do think he should stick around at 160 for time being. But before a Froch fight I think he needs to fight a top rated 168 fighter to see if his power can transform from 160 to 168. I was saying the last time a middleweight with high expectations (Abraham) moved up against the bigger fighters he wasn't big enough. His power wasn't enough to hurt Froch and he got outboxed.

I do think GGG is a lot better than Abraham though, but Abraham still was a very good champion in his day at 160 and I think a lot of people thought he would have done a lot better at 168, but it wasn't to be. It will be interesting to see if GGG power is still effective at 168 like it is at 160. I've read a lot of heavy fighters like Ola Afolabi seeing his power is crazy so you would think his power would transfer up in weight, and that would no doubt make an interesting test for Froch.

I think GGG needs to test his power at 168 before a Froch fight though and if it still is devastating, then we no doubt will have fight of the year on are hands if Froch-GGG could happen. Frochs chin and boxing ability vs GGGs power would be such an interesting match up. I hope we can see it happen.
    Last edited by Tam Seddon; 07-01-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch - Golovkin mid 2014?

It all depends whats available for GGG at 160. He should only fight Martinez, Quillin of Geale in my opinion. If he is to step up Id like to see him fight Chavez (possibly at a catchweight) before going for Froch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be interesting to see what happens when he hits a guy that doesn't go away!

Also will he get stronger or weaker powerwise if he moves up.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez-no-problem-facing-golovkin-2014--67227

Martinez wants a return fight and then is game for a GGG fight. I hope this fight happens!!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez-no-problem-facing-golovkin-2014--67227

Martinez wants a return fight and then is game for a GGG fight. I hope this fight happens!!
    Sergio Martinez Has No Problem Facing Golovkin in 2014 - Boxing News
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Sergio Martinez Has No Problem Facing Golovkin in 2014 - Boxing News
    Cheers beanz, won't be long till I have laptop fixed i hope.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin should stay at middleweight and unify, the reason he would be tempted to jump up in weight would be for the money as he is paid very little now. When he unifies and beats Sergio he will become a boxing star and can dictate terms against the super middleweights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

golovkin should have warm up fight at 168 v a high level guy before he takes on the elite of 168 in my opinion..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant remember his fight night weight but I think it was close to Alvarez. I don't think he's big enough for 168.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember also gentlemen that Golovkin beat Bute and Dirrell in the amateurs fighting above 160.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And also that weights do not transfer in the same way for all individuals from amateur to pro. Fighters don't fill out in the same way and you can get away with fighting bigger men who may have starved a bit based on the entire ridiculous format. Chances are guys like Bute and Dirrell filled out to where they are now and are still fighting a division under and GGG never changed all that much and his team probably realized that when they decided on middleweight.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started talking about this in the fight chat thread but i do think this deserves its on thread. Apparently this is a fight that could be made next year and it would be a great fight to happen. Hearn is keen and so is Froch and I have no doubts GGG would be too.

I think GGG needs to try and clean up 160, he was impressive against macklin but he still needs the beat Martinez IMO to prove he's the best. Until he's done that he can't be known as the best. And there's still Barker/Geale, Murray and Quillen. But watching Barker and Murrays reaction in the studio after the win, I don't think they would be too interested in fighting Golvokin.

It will be interesting to see who steps up to him next but I do think he should stick around at 160 for time being. But before a Froch fight I think he needs to fight a top rated 168 fighter to see if his power can transform from 160 to 168. I was saying the last time a middleweight with high expectations (Abraham) moved up against the bigger fighters he wasn't big enough. His power wasn't enough to hurt Froch and he got outboxed.

I do think GGG is a lot better than Abraham though, but Abraham still was a very good champion in his day at 160 and I think a lot of people thought he would have done a lot better at 168, but it wasn't to be. It will be interesting to see if GGG power is still effective at 168 like it is at 160. I've read a lot of heavy fighters like Ola Afolabi seeing his power is crazy so you would think his power would transfer up in weight, and that would no doubt make an interesting test for Froch.

I think GGG needs to test his power at 168 before a Froch fight though and if it still is devastating, then we no doubt will have fight of the year on are hands if Froch-GGG could happen. Frochs chin and boxing ability vs GGGs power would be such an interesting match up. I hope we can see it happen.
    Abraham was always overrated. But his problem when he moved up wasn't his lack of power. The power was there. His problem was his inactivity. You practically had to dare him to throw punches. He just wouldn't let his hands go. Before you know it he was down on points and on his way to a points loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 5'10, GGG is too small. He even looks small at the weight he fights at. his power GGG fighting at 160 and above is a testament to how good he is cuz he's not big enough to move up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    At 5'10, GGG is too small. He even looks small at the weight he fights at. his power GGG fighting at 160 and above is a testament to how good he is cuz he's not big enough to move up.
    That's just fucking dumb. Chris Eubank was 5'10. Nigel Benn was 5'9. Sven Ottke was 5'10. Glen Johnson was 5'9 and champion at Light Heavyweight. Height doesn't mean shit. Golovkin clearly has the frame to carry 168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Violent Demise;1166376]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    That's just fucking dumb. Chris Eubank was 5'10. Nigel Benn was 5'9. Sven Ottke was 5'10. Glen Johnson was 5'9 and champion at Light Heavyweight. Height doesn't mean shit. Golovkin clearly has the frame to carry 168[/QUOT

man..open ur eyes ..or take ur head out ur ass, one or the other..so u can see... Golovkin is really small...

Thread Information