Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Congratulations Egypt!

mubruk morsi

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Congratulations Egypt!

Yeah how about you congratulate them once they actually figure out how to run a good stable government.

Obama looks like a fucking fool having this happen too....oh yeah he's loved a whole bunch over there, I mean that's what his people told us would happen

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched an interesting debate on Pbs last night. The motion was "better elected Islamists then dictators"

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah how about you congratulate them once they actually figure out how to run a good stable government.

Obama looks like a fucking fool having this happen too....oh yeah he's loved a whole bunch over there, I mean that's what his people told us would happen
    yep he is as he was born only 1000 km south of there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how about you get your head out of your arse and learn about democracy that doesn't begin with flag pledge.

Obama has fuck all to do with this and you're sounding like an idiot for bringing him in to this.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

how about you get your head out of your arse and learn about democracy that doesn't begin with flag pledge.

Obama has fuck all to do with this and you're sounding like an idiot for bringing him in to this.
    Ummm Obama has PLENTY to do with Morsi having been in power and if you don't believe that then it's rather ironic that you called ME an idiot

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and the people got rid of him, you should be pleased

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lesson to be learned is that the power of the people determines the course of their government. Get in the streets and fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The people didn't get rid of Morsi, the army did.

This is a bit of a dilemma: no matter whether we like it or not, the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood were voted into power through Egypt's first ever free elections.

'Some' people (and we have no idea how many, nor what proportion of the population they were, came out on the streets to protest. The Army then intervened and - technically - carried out a military coup.

I'm not sure we would think that was OK usually.

So ...... democracy is a good thing - as long as you vote the right people in. If you make a mistake and vote in a useless government (and I can think of a few times this has happened in Western democracies), then it's OK to act undemocratically in the name of democracy?

Confused
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morsi had begun to dismantle democracy in a ploy by the Muslim brotherhood to introduce a dictatorial theocracy via the back door. The vast numbers on the street recorded by overhead cameras and independent bystanders, points in any calculable way, to being the largest protest in recorded human history. That seems pretty democratic in providing a mandate for change.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    and the people got rid of him, you should be pleased
    No. Obama hitched his wagon to the Arab Spring and stability was sacrificed for change. I'm not saying Mubarak and his ilk were perfect but #1 30 years worth of Egypt peacefully coexisting with Israel and #2 Egypt isn't a colony of the US they aren't a satellite state of ours how about we not get involved?

All the "anti-Obama" folks knew Morsi was shit and the Muslim Brotherhood was evil and now here we are and yet again Obama looks like a fool and makes the country look foolish too

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The middle east is erupting on a few different fronts, Iraqs at it again.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The middle east is erupting on a few different fronts, Iraqs at it again.
    I'm a little more worried about Turkey because that's heading towards Europe and we don't need further troubles breaking out there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    The people didn't get rid of Morsi, the army did.

This is a bit of a dilemma: no matter whether we like it or not, the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood were voted into power through Egypt's first ever free elections.

'Some' people (and we have no idea how many, nor what proportion of the population they were, came out on the streets to protest. The Army then intervened and - technically - carried out a military coup.

I'm not sure we would think that was OK usually.

So ...... democracy is a good thing - as long as you vote the right people in. If you make a mistake and vote in a useless government (and I can think of a few times this has happened in Western democracies), then it's OK to act undemocratically in the name of democracy?

Confused
    um, poll tax?

maybe people should actually listen to the people who live there and not the snippets on the news over here.

The egyptian people acted in a way that probably scares western govts. The way you lot are acting is as if they should have sat back and continue to wreck the country for a few more years?

El Kabong Guest

The military (luckily for everyone) seem to have a good grasp of things and aren't overreaching their bounds. They are the sole reason Egypt is not a gigantic clusterfuck right now....granted I would rather the United States not fund them, but I do understand why we're Allied with them more so than the leaders of that country.

The leadership of a nation does not always have complete control over the military, history shows this to be the case more often than not.

Thread Information