Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golovkin doesnt deserve the superfights

I see alot of you guys saying he should fight ward, or mayweather or martinez, but truth be told, i dont think he paid his dues. he has zero tests in his career. I would like to see him fight Chavez, froch, or canelo before he steps up to fight the best. Im not disagreeing that he is a great fighter, but i think the hype is a bit to large.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you to me the GGG hype seems an awful lot like the beginning of the Pactard movement which was a despicable time for true fans. If someone is trying to convince you that Ishida would beat Quillin's resume and is a better win than N'Dam than boxing is in trouble.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin doesnt deserve the superfights

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Thank you to me the GGG hype seems an awful lot like the beginning of the Pactard movement which was a despicable time for true fans. If someone is trying to convince you that Ishida would beat Quillin's resume and is a better win than N'Dam than boxing is in trouble.
    What thread is that?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I see alot of you guys saying he should fight ward, or mayweather or martinez, but truth be told, i dont think he paid his dues. he has zero tests in his career. I would like to see him fight Chavez, froch, or canelo before he steps up to fight the best. Im not disagreeing that he is a great fighter, but i think the hype is a bit to large.
    i'm sure GGG is gutted you don't feel he deserves any super fights , please share with us , when you feel it is ok for him to have such a fight.
    We await with anticipation as im sure GGG does.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What thread is that?
    The is GGG the real deal thread the garbage he was spitting is why GGG will get the Manny style backlash but he doesn't even have the ATG career to back it up.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What thread is that?
    The is GGG the real deal thread the garbage he was spitting is why GGG will get the Manny style backlash but he doesn't even have the ATG career to back it up.
    And we saw what happened after Broner's unsatisfactory performance against Paulie Malignaggi. Talk about overrated. I think he literally is the definition of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are getting desperate and the hate for mayweather intensifies the closer he gets to hanging up his gloves so the hype train must keep going to find someone to dethrone him.

First hype job is canelo and the next one was mattyhse but i think GGG has taken his place.

Regardless of the hype, GGG is an undefeated fighter with power and puts bums on seats and proves to be a tough sog.
    Lets see how he does against a macklin/martinez first.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    What thread is that?
    And we saw what happened after Broner's unsatisfactory performance against Paulie Malignaggi. Talk about overrated. I think he literally is the definition of it.
    There was a very great article on Bad Left Hook looking at the hype comparison between Broner, Canelo and GGG, if you think about it though the Canelo, Broner, Wilder, Figueroa, Russell, Thurman hype is network and promoter the GGG hype is from fans who should know better than to crown someone so fast.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What thread is that?
    On the flipside, broner did jump up two weight classes and never looked in any trouble at any point of the fight.
    When was the last time paulie got knocked out?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What thread is that?
    There was a very great article on Bad Left Hook looking at the hype comparison between Broner, Canelo and GGG, if you think about it though the Canelo, Broner, Wilder, Figueroa, Russell, Thurman hype is network and promoter the GGG hype is from fans who should know better than to crown someone so fast.
    It doesn't matter where the hype comes from, my friend. Here's the thing thing. On his biggest stage, Broner looked mediocre against a guy, who in his prime was stopped by Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton. If Broner doesn't do his job when the guy is passed his prime, I'm not really sure how you don't define that as overrated. I don't really know what else there is to say.

At least, GGG has done what he is supposed to do. Take into account that Broner was a 15-1 favorite against Paulie Malignaggi, and the fight was more or less evenly matched, with Broner pulling it out in the second half of the fight. That's as ridiculous of a hype job as there has been in a while.

Canelo is different in my opinion. But, tell me why does Canelo deserve the Floyd fight? He has one really good win over Trout, if we're honest. Right?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 07-04-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think GGG has an effortless style , he punches so hard , he is also not an asshole like Broner , so who wouldn't want him to fight in a superfight ? Unless you are a total retard.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The greatest thing about him is that he is not American. He doesn't need any hype. Hasn't trashed talked or slagged anyone off. Has not avoided anyone, acted like a true gent post fight thanking his opponents. He has earned the right as a middleweight to challenge Martinez and to suggest otherwise just comes across as sour grapes.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must repeat myself for those who ARE THICK, 345-5 as a Amateur that is a hell of a record,
    plenty of KO's in the Amateurs look on You-Tube.
    He has little to prove as he is undefeated as a pro, give some credit outstanding Amateur and Pro
    Champion, but for some its not enough like being in paradise just not perfect.!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What thread is that?
    It doesn't matter where the hype comes from, my friend. Here's the thing thing. On his biggest stage, Broner looked mediocre against a guy, who in his prime was stopped by Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton. If Broner doesn't do his job when the guy is passed his prime, I'm not really sure how you don't define that as overrated. I don't really know what else there is to say.

At least, GGG has done what he is supposed to do. Take into account that Broner was a 15-1 favorite against Paulie Malignaggi, and the fight was more or less evenly matched, with Broner pulling it out in the second half of the fight. That's as ridiculous of a hype job as there has been in a while.

Canelo is different in my opinion. But, tell me why does Canelo deserve the Floyd fight? He has one really good win over Trout, if we're honest. Right?
    Yeah Kellerman said Crawford is the best Lightweight in the world, the idea of that is laughable, Bob says Manny is the best he ever saw and he has Ali, promoters and networks hold no value in boxing talk, fans are suppose to know better.

Canelo hasn't done anything to deserve Floyd but he is a draw or so we assume, GGG got 350,000 vs Macklin and is not a draw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol I was just expressing my opinion, I just would like to see him beat some opponents that carry weight, maybe Martinez fight is not a stretch, it seem perfectly feasible as Martinez is overhyped as well, cuz his resume kinda sucks, not their fault I know, the division, but before we offer upFloyd or ward, lets see something impressive, all im saying is , hes a great fighter, hes a nice guy im sure, but I need to see him against some solid guys before we crown him.

Thread Information