Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golovkin may come to the UK

Gennady's trainer has said that he is not adverse to the idea of GGG coming to Britain to face Murray considering Martin's visa issues and the fact that most American Middleweights are a bit pants

World Boxing News - GGG trainer: All considered who would take the fight, Murray in the UK possible

Would be great for Hatton promotions and would provide a good measuring stick for Golovkin until he faces the Geale/Barker winner, Quillin, Chavez or Martinez.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin may come to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Gennady's trainer has said that he is not adverse to the idea of GGG coming to Britain to face Murray considering Martin's visa issues and the fact that most American Middleweights are a bit pants

World Boxing News - GGG trainer: All considered who would take the fight, Murray in the UK possible

Would be great for Hatton promotions and would provide a good measuring stick for Golovkin until he faces the Geale/Barker winner, Quillin, Chavez or Martinez.
    It's understandable being from Kazakhstan. He's already on the road pretty much wherever he fights.

Ward is in a great nation for boxing so never really has to travel, but its 6 and half a dozen to Golovkin.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he fights here I will try and make the effort to go and watch. It may all be over pretty quickly but it's one of the few occasions were a lot of the usually partisan British crowd will respect the potential greatness of the home fighters opponent. Would be a good opportunity for Murray and Ricky to make a tidy packet to if Hatton fills the undercard with quality.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he fought Murray and stopped him I'd be massively impressed. The more I see our top 3, the more I think Murray is the best because he is tough as nails. I would say Murray is a step up from Macklin, so Golovkin is going in the right direction knocking off contenders.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG may be setting up a big fight with Froch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    If he fights here I will try and make the effort to go and watch.
    Me too. Great opportunity to see a future legend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO might have something to say about that. (time zones)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great idea, fight Sergio with Calzaghe as a guest ref with Hatton & Haye selling beer ringside! Ray.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is bullshit, people would only watch this because he isn't American! If he were from the US nobody would like the fight at all. Why doesn't anyone want to see Peter Quillin fight Carl Froch in Vegas?!!? Because they are racist, that's why!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    This is bullshit, people would only watch this because he isn't American! If he were from the US nobody would like the fight at all. Why doesn't anyone want to see Peter Quillin fight Carl Froch in Vegas?!!? Because they are racist, that's why!
    I am not trying to be funny I just want to ask you who you are saying is racist, boxing fans in general, English boxing fans and or white boxing fans. I know I would like to see Quillin fight anyone anywhere.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    Great idea, fight Sergio with Calzaghe as a guest ref with Hatton & Haye selling beer ringside! Ray.
    Hatton is a promoter.
    Murray is his protege.
    Sergio is Injured and Murray in many people's eyes did enough to at least draw with Martinez and so would be a good measuring stick for GGG while Sergio recovers.
    Calzaghe is Welsh, retired, has never judged and has no allegiance to Khazikstan,Argentina or the State of St Helens
    Haye is in training and not allowed to drink beer but even if he wasn't he is probably on an ASBO and nobody would be stupid enough to serve him (unless it was in a plastic bottle)
    Don't encourage Ricky
    Nobody else wants to fight Gennady
    America is not the center of the Universe and has had it's fair share of hometown decisions
    We Know your name is Ray it says at the top of your post

Beanz
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I am not trying to be funny I just want to ask you who you are saying is racist, boxing fans in general, English boxing fans and or white boxing fans. I know I would like to see Quillin fight anyone anywhere.
    Neither, not at all. Would you like to see Quillin fight a polar bear in its backyard? It doesn't matter because the polar would have to travel to America, where there is almost no Tundra. HBO could put the money up make it happen somewhere in Alaska, but that would be just like Andre Ward having to fly to Atlantic city, people would still complain that he was the home fighter. Everyone just hates America to much to expect equal treatment.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent, I get you now. THANKS for clearing that up. I am relatively new to the forum and only big time into boxing for a couple of years. To be honest I haven't picked up the anti American tone yet but it does not surprise me. Say what they will every fighter wants to be known in this country. Four of the greatest Brits ever, John, Paul, George and Ringo would have been just a band if it weren't for the US. Mick Jagger would have just been a goofy guy with big lips if not for the US. Same holds true for most forms of entertainment.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Excellent, I get you now. THANKS for clearing that up. I am relatively new to the forum and only big time into boxing for a couple of years. To be honest I haven't picked up the anti American tone yet but it does not surprise me. Say what they will every fighter wants to be known in this country. Four of the greatest Brits ever, John, Paul, George and Ringo would have been just a band if it weren't for the US. Mick Jagger would have just been a goofy guy with big lips if not for the US. Same holds true for most forms of entertainment.
    Here is a line

You are now on the wrong side of it
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing new for me

Thread Information