Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Great Roy Jones Jr./Anderson Silva article

Y! SPORTS

Silva (mma's equivalent to Roy Jones) was recently KO'd in a shocker of an upset.

Incidentally, before he was KO'd Silva was discussing a boxing match against one Roy Jones.

I feared Silva could beat Roy even in a boxing match or make it humiliatingly close due to Roy being totally shot and so merciful in recent years as to let anyone go the distance with him.

IF they do indeed box maybe Roy will be inspired by the recent KO loss of Silva and put some mustard on his shots.

*please don't be cocks and bury this in the mma section as it very much pertains to boxing, thanks*
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Great Roy Jones Jr./Anderson Silva article

There's a pretty fundamental difference in the two defeats though, among other things. Roy Jones respected Antonio Tarvers ability, and was actually throwing punches himself until he was KO'd. All the Silva fight really showed was that any capable fighter your size can knock you out if you offer your chin like that repeatedly. It was a lot different than Jones showboating while still in balance and position to counter, Anderson was just being a flat out clown. Now of course he's gotten away with it before in spots, but that same thing could have happened then.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Y! SPORTS

Silva (mma's equivalent to Roy Jones) was recently KO'd in a shocker of an upset.

Incidentally, before he was KO'd Silva was discussing a boxing match against one Roy Jones.

I feared Silva could beat Roy even in a boxing match or make it humiliatingly close due to Roy being totally shot and so merciful in recent years as to let anyone go the distance with him.

IF they do indeed box maybe Roy will be inspired by the recent KO loss of Silva and put some mustard on his shots.

*please don't be cocks and bury this in the mma section as it very much pertains to boxing, thanks*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wasn't it a modified jab type punch? Kimbo, the king of the streets also was knocked senseless by a jab... crazy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Y! SPORTS

Don't smiley face palm me.

ROY WON'T THROW FUCKIN PUNCHES!

Especially when he fears someone is faster than him and due to multiple KO losses, his chin is pretty poor these days.

He's 44, shot, and extremely gun shy.

I'd pick him to beat Silva in a boxing match what with Anderson's whopping 1-1 pro boxing record from 10 years ago, but still I'd be weary as you cannot depend on Roy these days. He proved that against the powder punching unknown Polish kid.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reaaal cute, man haha..

Roy would never lose to some ufc chump. Roy could literally go in there untrained, showboat the shit outa Silva and still kick ass. This is a whole different ballgame here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

Especially when he fears someone is faster than him and due to multiple KO losses, his chin is pretty poor these days.

I'd pick him to beat Silva in a boxing match what with Anderson's whopping 1-1 pro boxing record from 10 years ago, but still I'd be weary as you cannot depend on Roy these days. He proved that against the powder punching unknown Polish kid.
    The way your speaking im going to assume that you never seen mma guys in the boxing ring. Guys that are monsters with their hands in the ufc like silva and vitor, look like little kids with no power or skill in the ring. Its embarrassing, they can barely get through guys that are fighting for sandwiches. Roy would destroy him, and any guy that beat roy out of his prime would destroy him. Andersons punches would offer no power, or speed, or skill, boxing is a whole nother level of mastery, for christ, even jeff lacy would kick his ass.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THis is the thing that really annoys the shit outa me about the whole Boxing VS MMA thing. It was around two years ago when there were talks of Nick Diaz going up against Jeff Lacy in a boxing match.. The fight almost got made until Nick Diaz pulled out like a pansy.

It's unbelievable how so many so called boxing fans predicted that Diaz would win.. That's just stupid..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James toney against randy couture in the boxing ring would be opposite of what hapoened in the cage.

Roy jones owns any mma fighter in the boxing ring. Its that simple.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i honestly believe a boxer has more of a chance in the cage than an mma fighter has in the ring

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

let me just put it this way, you cant play football or do entertainment wrestling your whole life and then become a champ in boxing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    let me just put it this way, you cant play football or do entertainment wrestling your whole life and then become a champ in boxing.
    Good point.

Brock lesner was successful but only in the mma game.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

No you wouldn't. You're just back peddling. And that Polish kid destroys Silva or any MMA fighter that gets in a boxing ring

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

No you wouldn't. You're just back peddling. And that Polish kid destroys Silva or any MMA fighter that gets in a boxing ring
    Sure I would tough guy. Hell, I was picking Roy to beat Prince Badi Ajamu when over half the forum was predicting Roy would get stopped early.

Roy has declined dramatically since even then tho, and it would concern me him boxing Anderson Silva as I think he would try to carry Silva and not throw many punches while Silva would most likely try to KO him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

Pretty clear what you meant.

Thread Information