Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kovalev vs Cleverly predictions august 17th

what are your predictions for this fight...i think its one of the best fights booked this year, i got sergey by ko

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kovalev vs Cleverly predictions august 17th

Imo, i dont think it's one of the greatest fights of the year because Nathan Cleverly isn't that good to begin with.

I dont know what Warren has in mind. Maybe he bought the judges off or something and already has the robbery in play but he made a bold move by putting cleverly in there against Kovalez..

Kovalez knocks his ass out..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to go against you guys and say Cleverley wins a UD.
    Sergey looks good on what I've seen but I think work rate may spur him on. He will no doubt take a few big shots but I reckon he is up to it.

Maybe it's a bit heart leading head 😁

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't mind cleverly getting KTFO to be honest, sick of him thinking he deserves a shot at Froch and sick of him thinking he's better than Froch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't knock cleverly because he's did quite a bit in one of the hard punching divisions, without actually having a punch.

Kovalev has never fought an undefeated fighter.
    Cleverly has beaten 4.

Cleverly has been a world champion nearly 3 years.
    Kovalev has never fought for a title worth mentioning.

Kovalev can bang, but cleverly has been in with a few decent punches, none with a record like Kovalevs but is his record blown up? Has he fought pure talent in al l his fights?

I give Cleverly a UD.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    You can't knock cleverly because he's did quite a bit in one of the hard punching divisions, without actually having a punch.

Cleverly has beaten 4.

Kovalev can bang, but cleverly has been in with a few decent punches, none with a record like Kovalevs but is his record blown up? Has he fought pure talent in al l his fights?

I give Cleverly a UD.
    Cleverly has not only NEVER beat a champion for any title he's won (Brit/Comm/Euro) he's never even faced a man that's challenged for a "world" title.

Now I fully understand I'm a boring pedantic cunt - but you don't deserve to be called a champion with a track record like that.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev around 10th round body shots tko. Cleverly will get hurt and try to shuck & jive his way through but his legs will be divorcing each other. Kovalev will be behind and get popped with flick jabs but when it matters...he is going take his legs and punch holes in this kid.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know next to nothing about Kovalev but something is telling me some of these posts predicting he win by KO are just anti Cleverly posts
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rate campillo higher than cleverely, and thought campillo would give kovalev a decent fight well he went in there and just crushed him. Not sure what clev got to offer kovalev, kovalev has a sick punch, good workrate for someone who has a punch like that and from what I've seen a good chin, kovalev inside the distance like 8ish. Granted I've only seen kovalev 4 times but he's really impressed me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i know next to nothing about Kovalev but something is telling me some of these posts predicting he win by KO are just anti Cleverly posts
    Not here, I don't mind Clev. He's a cocky kid who believes in his ability with speed. I just think he's bitten off way more than he can chew and has never faced a power combination puncher like Kovalev...who believes in his ability just as much. I also named my dog Nigel

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not here, I don't mind Clev. He's a cocky kid who believes in his ability with speed. I just think he's bitten off way more than he can chew and has never faced a power combination puncher like Kovalev...who believes in his ability just as much. I also named my dog Nigel
    ive just watched a fair bhit of him on youtube and i agree he looks good

he doesnt really seem to have faced anyone but clevs competition hasnt been any better really apart from perhaps bellew and morat?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What gets me you can only win, which Cleverly has done but for some of you it's not enough
    I expect Cleverly to outbox Kovalev, if he has to go toe to toe he will as what I've seen he has
    a very good chin. Remember you knock Burns and Cleverly, they win what's wrong maybe
    some of you can't pick a winner, or better still just carry on picking your nose.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    ive just watched a fair bhit of him on youtube and i agree he looks good

he doesnt really seem to have faced anyone but clevs competition hasnt been any better really apart from perhaps bellew and morat?
    Its def a good match bud. Both have quality assets the other must negate. He's not your sterotypical 'big puncher', has good movement but as cliche as it sounds he can be hit with jabs, even in the White fight he had a second where White was able to triple it up right before the roof fell in on him. Good style clash, fans win.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nathan could batter this guy from pillar to post if he actually chose to do it. The trouble with Clev is that he wants to please the crowd at home to much and fill the shoes of Calzaghe and that could be his downfall in this fight. He’s facing another supposedly unstoppable juggernaut whose average fight lasts around three rounds and he never had to make the fight. I wonder if anyone else in the division would have taken this risk. Nathan has a world class chin and above average skill and he’s going against a guy who from what I’ve seen is a bull in a china shop that could not move above the waist with a swivel implant. If Clev is swayed by the drunks and decides to stand in the pocket and trade well it may not end well. If he decides to pick his spots and box he could make it real easy on himself.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Cleverly has beaten 4.

I give Cleverly a UD.
    Cleverly has not only NEVER beat a champion for any title he's won (Brit/Comm/Euro) he's never even faced a man that's challenged for a "world" title.

Now I fully understand I'm a boring pedantic cunt - but you don't deserve to be called a champion with a track record like that.
    True you pedantic boring cunt! :P

But he did beat Bellew, who is now mandatory and will fight for a world title in his next fight.

So you need to count that!

Cleverly is not the most likeable fighter due to not being a big puncher and being a little big mouthed but he has some skills.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information