Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Froch vs George Groves -- Negotiations underway!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch vs George Groves -- Negotiations underway!

BBC Sport - Carl Froch: George Groves 'next in line', says world champion

I don't see this as one sided as most will.

Groves is a good fighter, his defense is good, he is a little quicker than average at the weight. He can bang and I think Froch, in his ever growing arrogance, will underestimate him.

I was happy for Froch to win until he retired but I really hope he gets old the night of this fight.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The article says it is unlikely happen until next year, so I think he probably fights someone else first. I don't think Groves will be a walk in the park for Froch and I would not be surprised if George beats him. He is young, hungry and carries plenty of power. Groves by tko, late rounds.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch vs George Groves -- Negotiations underway!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    The article says it is unlikely happen until next year, so I think he probably fights someone else first. I don't think Groves will be a walk in the park for Froch and I would not be surprised if George beats him. He is young, hungry and carries plenty of power. Groves by tko, late rounds.
    Agreed.

Yeah I understand that mate, but they'll like book this fight for early next year, then both take stay busy fights for novemberish.

Groves maybe takes crack at Yusef Mack and I can see Froch take on Hopkins or Murat.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves by tko that's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Groves by tko that's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.
    Why? I am a big fan of Froch but he has never been difficult to hit and he will not have the pace to keep up with Groves. If Groves lands repeatedly, like I think he will, their is no reason not to believe that a cut or swelling that stops him seeing, or puts him in danger of serious irreparable injury will cause the reff will stop it. I can even see Groves putting Carl on his backside more than once. A come forward fighter like the Cobra is tailor made for Groves who will not underestimate Froch unlike the Nottingham man who is starting to carried away with his own publicity.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Not have the pace to keep up with Groves"?

Are you joking?

Froch might get out worked but there is no way that Groves would have survived Kessler beyond the 6th in their last fight. He was really pouring it on.

Groves has the same dull style as Haye which is not built around work rate. He very nearly blew a gasket in the first round against Johnson. Had that been Froch, Kessler, Bika, Steiglitz or even Abraham instead of Johnson, Groves would have been in the shit by the midway point.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Are you joking?

Froch might get out worked but there is no way that Groves would have survived Kessler beyond the 6th in their last fight. He was really pouring it on.

Groves has the same dull style as Haye which is not built around work rate. He very nearly blew a gasket in the first round against Johnson. Had that been Froch, Kessler, Bika, Steiglitz or even Abraham instead of Johnson, Groves would have been in the shit by the midway point.
    It wasn't and he didn't.
    and Hayes dull style will hand you Fury's ass on a plate.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you joking?

15 KO's in 19 fights can hardly be described as a dull style. I am not questioning Froch's stamina, I am merely stating the FACT that he will not have the speed and pace that Groves will bring. Kessler is slowing, Froch is slowing. Bika is shit and Groves would stop him and Abraham on the same night. If Groves nearly blew a gasket in the first round against Johnson then how do you explain him still being there 11 rounds later to have his hand raised?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope GGG gets a crack at Froch sometimes..

GGG TKO8 Froch

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you joking?

15 KO's in 19 fights can hardly be described as a dull style. I am not questioning Froch's stamina, I am merely stating the FACT that he will not have the speed and pace that Groves will bring. Kessler is slowing, Froch is slowing. Bika is shit and Groves would stop him and Abraham on the same night. If Groves nearly blew a gasket in the first round against Johnson then how do you explain him still being there 11 rounds later to have his hand raised?
    How is Froch slowing ? He's beating all of his targets in training and he's going off his last 3 performances he's looked the best he has ever fought in his career. He nearly had Kessler out in the 12 round and he was improving as the fight progressed.

An inexperienced Groves might look good knocking out tomato cans, but he's never fought anybody on Frochs level and a very old Johnson doesn't merit that you can hack at the elite level like Froch is on. And I don't see how Groves is so fast? Seriously though I've seen most of his fights, he had a very close one with Degale that could have gone either way and that's his best opponent to date and that fight showed that Froch is above them both, going off how Froch has performed against top world rated fighters.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you joking?

How is Froch slowing ? He's beating all of his targets in training and he's going off his last 3 performances he's looked the best he has ever fought in his career. He nearly had Kessler out in the 12 round and he was improving as the fight progressed.

An inexperienced Groves might look good knocking out tomato cans, but he's never fought anybody on Frochs level and a very old Johnson doesn't merit that you can hack at the elite level like Froch is on. And I don't see how Groves is so fast? Seriously though I've seen most of his fights, he had a very close one with Degale that could have gone either way and that's his best opponent to date and that fight showed that Froch is above them both, going off how Froch has performed against top world rated fighters.

I agree with green, sort of.

I'd say Groves is just faster than Froch, period. Faster that froch would have been I his prime, that's just a given, but that's a natural trait not trained in boxing.

If you've saw groves, then you know how fast he is Tam, his right straight is fast and hard,Froch has punches that you see coming from a mile away.

He drops both hands by his side then lunges. I predicted half his attacks to my not so knowledgeable mate during the fight.

I believe Groves can beat him, he hasn't fought anyone near that level but tbf to Groves he hasn't struggled a great deal in recent times, his toughest fight was DeGale but it wasn't a that bad, he barely got hit and DeGale's best hit was a headbutt.

Time to move up and this is the right move, if he beats Froch he's in the big time and its not impossible.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Negotiations?

Something like this I'd imagine.

Froch : Look you cunt, you'll take whatever I give you and be happy with it, got it ginger?!

Groves : OK..........thank you.

End.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Are you joking?

I agree with green, sort of.

I'd say Groves is just faster than Froch, period. Faster that froch would have been I his prime, that's just a given, but that's a natural trait not trained in boxing.

If you've saw groves, then you know how fast he is Tam, his right straight is fast and hard,Froch has punches that you see coming from a mile away.

He drops both hands by his side then lunges. I predicted half his attacks to my not so knowledgeable mate during the fight.

I believe Groves can beat him, he hasn't fought anyone near that level but tbf to Groves he hasn't struggled a great deal in recent times, his toughest fight was DeGale but it wasn't a that bad, he barely got hit and DeGale's best hit was a headbutt.

Time to move up and this is the right move, if he beats Froch he's in the big time and its not impossible.
    Froch has landed punches on andre ward and towards the end of the fight was catching up with him. Andre ward who is p4p one of the best in the world. Froch lands hurtful punches in every fight, what makes groves so good that Froch is going to struggle to find the target. Frochs pressure catches up with loads of fighters. Look what happened to Bute and Kessler as well. Groves might have speed but he's nothing Froch is going to lose sleep on. Froch will come prepared as always for 12 hard rounds and no doubt will do the business.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is too soon for Groves, Froch is a different beast and level to what Groves has fought. George will be lucky to see round 7.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wrongly don't favor froch in almost any of his fights, this one it would be man versus boy, much to soon for groves, and I like groves. Groves got tagged plenty by a way past expired johnson, if that was froch groves is out in six.

Thread Information