Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edited reality in boxing records.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Edited reality in boxing records.

I'm just curious about this, do any of you do this?

When I believe a fighter has lost a fight, I class it as a loss, and every time they fight I just sort of ignore the bullshit record they read out and go by my own edited reality.

For instance

In my own mind Adrien Broners record is 25-1-1.
    Tyson Fury is 20-1-0
    Calzaghe is 46-0-1 (Robin Reid got the draw)

I almost cringe when they mention these 2 in the same sentence as the word undefeated.

So when I fighter gets a bum decision do you class it as a loss or just accepted it and consider it a legit win?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just accept it, to many people view robberies through a bias, Manny fans like to call Bradley a robbery than deny JMM was robbed. Claiming robbery has become so rampant that I don't participate.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edited reality in boxing records.

You have to go by the record otherwise you are open to different peoples interpretation and that could be based on popularity than actually winning fights. Ottke should have lost a couple but he remain undefeated but we all know he was crap and Joe would have battered him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edited Reality? Ok, let's give 'er a shot!

Every real boxing fan knows the undefeated Mayweather lost to Castillo the 1st fight in 2002.

The Olympic Bronze medalist at featherweight, Mayweather also lost 6 times as an amateur.
    (The incomparable Sugar Ray Robinson went undefeated as an amateur 85-0, 69 KOs, and as a pro went to 40-0 before taking his 1st loss ever (Jake LaMotta). Avenges the loss 3 weeks later and goes 91 more fights undefeated before losing again.)

And Mayweather should have been disqualified in the Judah fight when crackhead uncle roger entered the ring and attacked over Judah's dirty tactics. That was bull$#!t that the incompetent ref richard steele allowed the boxing match to resume after the brawl.
    For judah's lowblow and rabbit punch, the ref was about to take points away, but any cornermans' infraction of setting foot in the ring during the rd (let alone fighting the fighter), that's an automatic DQ under the rules of boxing, yet the fight resumed.

That's 2 losses as a pro.

Thirdly, I think De La Hoya won the fight with Mayweather on effective aggression and bodywork, but I can see debating that one as it was a snoozefest split-decision with one guy refusing to do what a pro fighter is paid to do: take out the other guy.
    Last edited by bradlee180; 07-17-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post

Every real boxing fan knows the undefeated Mayweather lost to Castillo the 1st fight in 2002.

The Olympic Bronze medalist at featherweight, Mayweather also lost 6 times as an amateur.
    (The incomparable Sugar Ray Robinson went undefeated as an amateur 85-0, 69 KOs, and as a pro went to 40-0 before taking his 1st loss ever (Jake LaMotta). Avenges the loss 3 weeks later and goes 91 more fights undefeated before losing again.)

And Mayweather should have been disqualified in the Judah fight when crackhead uncle roger entered the ring and attacked over Judah's dirty tactics. That was bull$#!t that the incompetent ref richard steele allowed the boxing match to resume after the brawl.
    For judah's lowblow and rabbit punch, the ref was about to take points away, but any cornermans' infraction of setting foot in the ring during the rd (let alone fighting the fighter), that's an automatic DQ under the rules of boxing, yet the fight resumed.

Thirdly, I think De La Hoya won the fight with Mayweather on effective aggression and bodywork, but I can see debating that one as it was a snoozefest split-decision with one guy refusing to do what a pro fighter is paid to do: take out the other guy.
    I've seen refs threaten to DQ guys cause his corner made a mistake and came in while they were doing the count for Floyd not to be DQed was an embarrassment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is slowly going to turn into a fuck maywaether thread for no apparent reason, o wait it already did.....come on guys, pick on someone else, but you cant, cuz hes the best of this generation, point blank, Castillo didn't win that fight, he just came really close, just cuz he did better than everyone else doesn't mean he should be given the fight.

But to respond to the original post, yeah i tend to do that all the time, my mind kind of does it automatically, some guys are just the real deal and some are media darlings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    this is slowly going to turn into a fuck maywaether thread for no apparent reason, o wait it already did.....come on guys, pick on someone else, but you cant, cuz hes the best of this generation, point blank, Castillo didn't win that fight, he just came really close, just cuz he did better than everyone else doesn't mean he should be given the fight.

But to respond to the original post, yeah i tend to do that all the time, my mind kind of does it automatically, some guys are just the real deal and some are media darlings.
    Ha I'm pro Floyd because he got a bad rap for the Manny negotiations but he should have been DQed vs Zab and Castillo was close those are just facts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post

Ha I'm pro Floyd because he got a bad rap for the Manny negotiations but he should have been DQed vs Zab and Castillo was close those are just facts.
    Getting dqed after getting hit in the nuts, then in the back of the head, and then choosing to remain calm and not to participate in a riot even though your family is being attacked and you were wronged, yeah he should've def got dqued

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting dqed after getting hit in the nuts, then in the back of the head, and then choosing to remain calm and not to participate in a riot even though your family is being attacked and you were wronged, yeah he should've def got dqued
    Ha so it's okay that your corner start a riot? Boxing has rules if your corner comes in the ring you are DQed, you want special treatment for Floyd

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen refs threaten to DQ guys cause his corner made a mistake and came in while they were doing the count for Floyd not to be DQed was an embarrassment.
    Remember Molinas DQ against Kirkland for this? Now that was embarrassing!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See that's not what I'm talking about though.

Mayweather v Castillo, it was VERY close so you can't moan when Mayweather gets the decision. The De La Hoya fight was just as close.

Im talk about pure robbery, Tyson Fury clearly lost to McDermott.
    Broner CLEARLY lost to Quintero.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

See that's not what I'm talking about though.

Mayweather v Castillo, it was VERY close so you can't moan when Mayweather gets the decision. The De La Hoya fight was just as close.

Im talk about pure robbery, Tyson Fury clearly lost to McDermott.
    Broner CLEARLY lost to Quintero.
    It still will become a popularity contest I had JMM-Manny 3 8-4 and I see people on sites claim it was close when if you look at it pretty much every respectable writer had JMM way ahead. Than I see Lucas-Devon treated like a huge robbery it was on a list as the 6th biggest robbery in boxing history on one video I saw, boxing fans aren't honest enough for real scores.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is ridiculous to change decisions because you do not like them. Unless you have seen every bout in boxing history, how can you even try to be consistant with that theory?

But there is another form of editing boxing records, that is very real.

In 1981 a young unbeaten Mexican fighter was fighting a journeyman. The prospect decked the journeyman, but struck his opponent while he was on the floor. The referee seemingly rightly according to Newspaper reports, dq'd the prospect.

The next day, the prospects manager, who also helpfully happened to be the head of the local Boxing Commission, overturned the referee's decision and awarded the prospect a KO win...

A decade later that 'prospect' is now multi time world champion and still claiming an unbeaten record. Indeed his promoter is selling him on his journey to 100 and 0.

As brilliant as he was, if Julio Cesar Chavez was 'and 1' the mystic would not quite of been so much. And it should be noted until the late 80s Chavez's record showed that early defeat in some publications. Then with the magic century coming into view, it was dropped...
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha so it's okay that your corner start a riot? Boxing has rules if your corner comes in the ring you are DQed, you want special treatment for Floyd
    @Onetime - You're only hating on Floyd because he's an American and everyone hates America.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    It is ridiculous to change decisions because you do not like them. Unless you have seen every bout in boxing history, how can you even try to be consistant with that theory?

But there is another form of editing boxing records, that is very real.

In 1981 a young unbeaten Mexican fighter was fighting a journeyman. The prospect decked the journeyman, but struck his opponent while he was on the floor. The referee seemingly rightly according to Newspaper reports, dq'd the prospect.

The next day, the prospects manager, who also helpfully happened to be the head of the local Boxing Commission, overturned the referee's decision and awarded the prospect a KO win...

A decade later that 'prospect' is now multi time world champion and still claiming an unbeaten record. Indeed his promoter is selling him on his journey to 100 and 0.

As brilliant as he was, if Julio Cesar Chavez was 'and 1' the mystic would not quite of been so much. And it should be noted until the late 80s Chavez's record showed that early defeat in some publications. Then with the magic century coming into view, it was dropped...
    Nothing to do with "not liking" the decision.

I'm talking about when it's 100% blatantly obvious.

Like broner v Quintero, for 5 rounds of an 8 round fight he barely threw a jab while Quintero landed at ease, Yet one judge gave broner 6 rounds to 2 on the cards?

I also mean fights that are MASSIVELY famous for being robberies, where almost everyone agrees it was a robbery, again like Fury v McDermott 1.
    You say tomato,

Thread Information