Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: RollingStone crossed the line imo

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I actually believe Rolling Stone, its writers and editors are basking in the glow of this controversy for a few reasons

#1 They are uber left wingers and/or non-conformists and they simply get off on being controversial just for the sake of being that way not to make a point, not to inspire, not for any other reason than to stir shit up.

#2 Rolling Stone, like any other magazine is feeling the hurt...the paper mag game ain't what it once was and any kind of hype they can generate about the mag is seen as good.
    I agree with what you say except for the left wingers thing; Most left wingers (like me, a moderate one however) do not agree at all with what the 2 little twats did in Boston and I am the first one to be shocked by the poor choice for their cover magazine.

I am left of centre also and feel the same.
    Yes but those writers are MILITANT in their views. Not that they preach violence but it's as if no view other than theirs has a right to exist let alone be debated.

Again I just think the whole depiction was wrong regardless of the desired effect and seeing as the desired effect was copy sales that even makes it worse. I like Bill Maher and was eager to see how he approached it last night and he was a dick that lost the plot.
    Guys like Maher irk me because you fucking know he's more intelligent than he comes across after spouting a bunch of intellectually dishonest crap!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RollingStone crossed the line imo

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I am not attacking you Miles. I am just disagreeing with some of your assumptions. It's very sad to have given up on human beings entirely. Humans have done a lot more than kill non-stop for centuries, but if that is what you want to focus on I can see how it would piss you off. I have another Grandson on the way any time in the next couple of weeks so I can't say that I share your despair, but you are right in pointing out that I live in a nation run by Tories. It is sunny though and the Labour party took us to war so what are you gonna do? Politicians and people in power are full of krap but most people are not such power hungry bastards. You sound like you miss community/family and are eager to write off humanity without taking part in the more joyful parts of it.
    100,000,000 million people lived in America prior to the invasions. 98% were wiped out.

I'm depressed because of more than this. Of course I am. I have several nieces and nephews, and good on them and I wish them well and will always support them. I have been cautious around myself and that is so others can prosper in different ways to me. I have never known family or what that means.

In terms of raising children, no. I know the realities. I live a different kind of life too. I'm happy for others to do that instead.

Thread Information