Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Seriously this is going to be bad.
    Do you just have something against good amateur boxers?

Id say hell do very well. Seen a lot of him and he is one of the best amateurs ever. He is fighting at featherweight and given that Garcia and Mares wont be in that weight class much longer the competition isnt that good so there is no reason he wont win a world title quickly.

For exaxmple - is there any reason he wouldnt have a great chance of beating, lets say Gradovich, in his first few fights?
    It's annoying to see these guys built up when guys like Eroll Spence and Eddie Gomez get no attention. This guy has done nothing in the pros and he got more attention than Figueroa it's a disgrace to the pro game, he might be a star but he hasn't earned anything.
    Of course people are gonna pay attention he's a 2 time Olympic gold medalist and one of the best amateurs ever. He's 25 so a great time to go pro and is gonna fight a decent chap in his 1st fight. His first fight is a 10 rounder.

What is so wrong about people getting excited about a prospect. If everyone had ur dumbass perspective noone would watch a fighter until he has 20 pro fights.

People would be as excited about the chaps u mentioned if they'd win an Olympic gold medal but they haven't. Spence hasn't been put in a 10 rounder yet.
    So you are okay with Zou getting a 6 rounder main event? I thought it was despicable, I respect the amateur game but people like you don't like separation. The guys who run HBO think like you and that's why their product sucks.
    Hmm did you watch the 2 fists of gold cards? Both were excellent. Only poor fights were Zous. Yea I am ok with him topping shows in China. He is a superstar over there and the reason he is topping the shows is to get china more involved in pro boxing. If that upsets you Americans I can't see the promotions companies and networks giving a shit as China is an untapped cash cow. Also love the time it is on because it gives me Saturday afternoon boxing.

Do I think it's fair that Zou gets so much money for his short pro fights? Hard to say. He has done more for Chinese boxing then any other fighter and I don't think he will replicate the success as a pro so he should take what money he can get.

This isn't any different to how golden boys are treated in the US. Leonard get 40k for his 6 round debut which given the times is fairly similar to what Zou got paid considering the day and age.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously this is going to be bad.
    Do you just have something against good amateur boxers?

Id say hell do very well. Seen a lot of him and he is one of the best amateurs ever. He is fighting at featherweight and given that Garcia and Mares wont be in that weight class much longer the competition isnt that good so there is no reason he wont win a world title quickly.

For exaxmple - is there any reason he wouldnt have a great chance of beating, lets say Gradovich, in his first few fights?
    It's annoying to see these guys built up when guys like Eroll Spence and Eddie Gomez get no attention. This guy has done nothing in the pros and he got more attention than Figueroa it's a disgrace to the pro game, he might be a star but he hasn't earned anything.
    Of course people are gonna pay attention he's a 2 time Olympic gold medalist and one of the best amateurs ever. He's 25 so a great time to go pro and is gonna fight a decent chap in his 1st fight. His first fight is a 10 rounder.

What is so wrong about people getting excited about a prospect. If everyone had ur dumbass perspective noone would watch a fighter until he has 20 pro fights.

People would be as excited about the chaps u mentioned if they'd win an Olympic gold medal but they haven't. Spence hasn't been put in a 10 rounder yet.
    So you are okay with Zou getting a 6 rounder main event? I thought it was despicable, I respect the amateur game but people like you don't like separation. The guys who run HBO think like you and that's why their product sucks.
    Hmm did you watch the 2 fists of gold cards? Both were excellent. Only poor fights were Zous. Yea I am ok with him topping shows in China. He is a superstar over there and the reason he is topping the shows is to get china more involved in pro boxing. If that upsets you Americans I can't see the promotions companies and networks giving a shit as China is an untapped cash cow. Also love the time it is on because it gives me Saturday afternoon boxing.

Do I think it's fair that Zou gets so much money for his short pro fights? Hard to say. He has done more for Chinese boxing then any other fighter and I don't think he will replicate the success as a pro so he should take what money he can get.

This isn't any different to how golden boys are treated in the US. Leonard get 40k for his 6 round debut which given the times is fairly similar to what Zou got paid considering the day and age.
    We're polar opposites I don't think we like the same things in boxing because i know which card I preferred yesterday and it wasn't Fists of Gold 2. If Top Rank and HBO want to become Chinese boxing companies that's on them. If boxing follows the path you want it will be UFC

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko

We're polar opposites I don't think we like the same things in boxing because i know which card I preferred yesterday and it wasn't Fists of Gold 2. If Top Rank and HBO want to become Chinese boxing companies that's on them. If boxing follows the path you want it will be UFC
    What would be so wrong if boxing was ran more like the UFC. One major promotion, fighters forced to fight the best out there, no promotional disputes, fighters inactive due to contract arguments etc.

I didnt say top ranks show was better Im just saying it was a very entertaining card. Rex Tso fight was very good and a well matched fight, Dave Penalosa looked good and is an exciting prospect, Servanias fight was very good with 3 KD in the 1st round but had a disappointing ending. Gradovich and Estradas fights were both good too as was Ruiz. It was alot better then a lot of other cards Ive seen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would be so wrong if boxing was ran more like the UFC. One major promotion, fighters forced to fight the best out there, no promotional disputes, fighters inactive due to contract arguments etc.

I didnt say top ranks show was better Im just saying it was a very entertaining card. Rex Tso fight was very good and a well matched fight, Dave Penalosa looked good and is an exciting prospect, Servanias fight was very good with 3 KD in the 1st round but had a disappointing ending. Gradovich and Estradas fights were both good too as was Ruiz. It was alot better then a lot of other cards Ive seen.
    If Arum had no competition do you realize the crap he'd give us. UFC has PPVs every month on top of the 96 million Fox gave them, I'd hate to be a UFC fan.

I guess we have different perspectives because I see the comments of Americans on HBO and they are bitter and angry about these shows. HBO will have one show between the GGG fight that just happened and the Geale fight and that show was Zou, to me Golden Boy embarrassed Top Rank yesterday.

Thread Information