Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will Andre Berto stop getting headlines now? Most overrated boxer in this time?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will Andre Berto stop getting headlines now? Most overrated boxer in this time?

I don't get it. I always thought this guy was a bum. In all his career he has only fought two undefeated fighters which were 4-0 and 7-0-1 very early in his career. He won the highly regarded WBC belt as vacant against Miguel Rodrigues 29-2.

People like to talk shit about fighters like Canelo but yet I never remember Berto getting that much shit for that. People kept talking about how impressed they were with him.

He then defended the belt against Steve Forbes -_-. He then stepped it up a bit and fought Luis Collazo 29-3 and he won a very controversial fight which many people including myself felt he lost and Collazo got robbed. I think it was like 113-114 but still a fight I thought he clearly lost.

He went on to beat urango and quintana good wins but not elite fighters that a WBC champion should be defending his belt against.

He finally got exposed by non other than Victor Ortiz who always finds a way to lose a fight he can win lol. Here it was regarded that the winner might get a chance at Floyd Mayweather. If I recall Floyd attended the fight I'm sure he expected to face Berto.

After the lost to Ortiz he got an immediate title belt IBF and headline.. seriously after a fucking lost? If chavez got this, this threads would be storming in here mad.

After that he once again got a big fight against Robert Guerrero on HBO headlining i believe. This fight once again lead to a Mayweather fight for the winner. As we know Berto got battered by the smaller guy he should of beat.

And now once again fight on headlines in Show time he got exposed by none other than Karras... Same guy that lost to Alfonso Gomez lol.

Like seriously how can he keep getting fights? and keep headlining? When are people gonna wake up to this bum?

He should earn his way back up to the headlines like other fighters. Send his ass to boxeo azteca or maybe FNF on espn. I'm just saying.. What do u guys think?
    Last edited by outspoken; 07-28-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Thread Information