Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hearn wants to make BURNS-CRAWFORD at MSG!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hearn wants to make BURNS-CRAWFORD at MSG!!

Hearn: There is Already Talk of Burns-Crawford at MSG - Boxing News

Why would he do this to his fighter? everybody knows Crawford would school and destroy Burns.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford looked good beating breidis and some dude in the top fifty, let's not jump on the hypetrain that hbo is pushin now that broner defected. Burns didn't look good in his last fight but he gutted it out and was coming on when the guy quit. I say its a fifty fifty fight and ill be rooting for burns, I know you think everyone crushes burns just like your boy kevin mitchell was going to

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hearn wants to make BURNS-CRAWFORD at MSG!!

I didn't think Crawford looked all that good against Prescott, he has skills but looks really frail and shaky at times, could well be awaiting a knockout imo. Not sure if Burns is up for it or powerful enough mind you, this is a good fight if it happens.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I didn't think Crawford looked all that good against Prescott, he has skills but looks really frail and shaky at times, could well be awaiting a knockout imo. Not sure if Burns is up for it or powerful enough mind you, this is a good fight if it happens.
    Ditto. Its not Ricky Burns that would be moving up in class. Ricky seems stronger at this weight and could probably go to 140 pretty easily. He's back around the same weight he started at. I also think his overall boxing skills have been improving pretty steadily.

I'm really starting to wonder about some of these future super stars like Crawford and Russell. In Russell's case especially it seems like they are hiding something. Perhaps he got ko'd by a nerf football in training a few times.

This fight is a world away. Crawford is fighting the most active guy in boxing these days TBA in October and two quotes stand out in the press release that make you wonder why they would even announce the possibility at all.

"There is talk already of Burns against a young fighter called Terence Crawford at Madison Square Garden. Crawford is an HBO fighter. But Ricky has tremendous support up here in Glasgow and I think we can make those big fights here.
    and

"A unification fight is what we want to lead to in the new year but for now it's about producing a great performance against Beltran and then look to unify the division.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is zero chance of Top Rank letting Crawford fight in Britain.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Crawford is overrated at all or being forced as a hype job at least from what I've seen. I've heard him called "Whitaker like" once but I've also heard dumbass BJ Flores say that about Eddie Chambers. People say dumb things. The kid was a 3 day late sub vs Prescott...a replacement! Far from spoon fed. He's right where he needs to be with progression but I can't see this fight happening yet. Hes in need of rounds and it'll be interesting to see who his next opponent is. As long as he's active and not having tomato cans driven to his front door just so he can wear a trinket I'm watching.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not totally sold on Crawford but Im pretty sure that he beats Burns, anytime anywhere.

And I dont think some of you Euro guys have seen enough of him but he's all substance, not hype..

Here's a young prospect who signed to fight a battle tested veteran in Prescott on 3 days notice and scored one of the easiest victories of his career.. If that's not impressive I dont know what is.

THing is, I dont think BUrns is that much better than Prescott, if at all..

Crawford dominates him..

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finito the more you slag off Burns the more you sound like a bum yourself. The kid may not be Salvador Sanchez but he has worked hard, knuckled down and earnt the right to be called a champion. He never has a bad word to say about anybody and is humble enough to talk to punters and keep his Saturday sports shop job. His career may have it's limits but you can bet your bottom dollar he will go out on his shield. In an era where the heavyweight glamour division is not ruled by an American, Korean or Mexican your Euro level bullshit won't even cut your piss poor,watery excuse for mustard.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Finito the more you slag off Burns the more you sound like a bum yourself. The kid may not be Salvador Sanchez but he has worked hard, knuckled down and earnt the right to be called a champion. He never has a bad word to say about anybody and is humble enough to talk to punters and keep his Saturday sports shop job. His career may have it's limits but you can bet your bottom dollar he will go out on his shield. In an era where the heavyweight glamour division is not ruled by an American, Korean or Mexican your Euro level bullshit won't even cut your piss poor,watery excuse for mustard.
    When did I slag off Burns in this thread, Beans? seriously you get too sensitive whenever I talk about Burns when Im only trying to be objective..

I dont know what made pour your heart out like that but I dont disagree with anything u just said. Yes, Burns has great work ethic and is humble and all that shit but what does that have to do with anything I said in the opening post?

Im only talking about styles and talents here and Crawford is a few notches above Burns and it would be a tough task.. Are you disagreeing with that?

BTW, I know we wont go the OneTime route.. We can debate like gentlemen

Thread Information