Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Bunch of dumb muthafukkas Stevens and his camp are.

    Boxing News | Stevens camp rejects Golovkin offer

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Bunch of dumb muthafukkas Stevens and his camp are.

    Boxing News | Stevens camp rejects Golovkin offer

    Hilarious eh. What a dumb tool. That is almost as much as GGG made in his last fight and the same as Macklin got.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Bunch of dumb muthafukkas Stevens and his camp are.

    Boxing News | Stevens camp rejects Golovkin offer

    Hilarious eh. What a dumb tool. That is almost as much as GGG made in his last fight and the same as Macklin got.
    I was shocked he was even offered that much.

    People always talk about fighters getting robbed and not getting paid. Perfect example that some times the person to blame for a fighter not getting paid is the fucking fighter himself

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,724
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1073
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Well who knows whether he actually stands to get paid more or not, can't blame him if this is just part of negotiating. Strikes me there is no reason he should make any more than Macklin did, he isn't a draw and was lucky to get that fight on NBC after doing nothing in recent years. Golovkin in turn isn't exactly riding a high profile just yet, if Stevens really wants the fight he shouldn't expect anything more and just be grateful for the exposure.


    Clearly this is all down to racism and lack of American pride though, just to save Onetime the trouble of enlightening us.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well who knows whether he actually stands to get paid more or not, can't blame him if this is just part of negotiating. Strikes me there is no reason he should make any more than Macklin did, he isn't a draw and was lucky to get that fight on NBC after doing nothing in recent years. Golovkin in turn isn't exactly riding a high profile just yet, if Stevens really wants the fight he shouldn't expect anything more and just be grateful for the exposure.


    Clearly this is all down to racism and lack of American pride though, just to save Onetime the trouble of enlightening us.
    I'm guessing Stevens is refusing to fight for them "slave" wages

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Bunch of dumb muthafukkas Stevens and his camp are.

    Boxing News | Stevens camp rejects Golovkin offer

    Hilarious eh. What a dumb tool. That is almost as much as GGG made in his last fight and the same as Macklin got.
    I was shocked he was even offered that much.

    People always talk about fighters getting robbed and not getting paid. Perfect example that some times the person to blame for a fighter not getting paid is the fucking fighter himself

    Same and agreed 100%. What does "risk and reward" even mean anymore? Even if he gets blasted out it wont effect his already stagnant career at all.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Bunch of dumb muthafukkas Stevens and his camp are.

    Boxing News | Stevens camp rejects Golovkin offer

    Hilarious eh. What a dumb tool. That is almost as much as GGG made in his last fight and the same as Macklin got.
    I was shocked he was even offered that much.

    People always talk about fighters getting robbed and not getting paid. Perfect example that some times the person to blame for a fighter not getting paid is the fucking fighter himself

    Same and agreed 100%. What does "risk and reward" even mean anymore? Even if he gets blasted out it wont effect his already stagnant career at all.
    I think his real intentions were more along these lines

    Curtis Stevens: I want Gennady Golovkin.

    Main Events: Really?

    CS: Hell yeah. Everybody scared of him. But I ain't everybody. I ain't scared of him. He scared of me. He needs to fight Showtime. So Showtime can take his belt. But he won't. He saw what I just did to Saul Roman. Destroyed him in 1. The same Saul Roman who beat Yory Boy Campas. Yeah It was Campas 105 career fight. But he was still good. Either way I want Golovkin

    (weeks later)
    ME: Guess what Curtis? Golovkin said he'll fight you

    CS: Nah man. Don't tell me that....I mean I'm sure he do wanna fight me. For some bullshit money. Nah, bro. Ain't happening. They wanna fight, they better come correct. Fuck a career high 50 g'z. I want 6 figures homie. You tell them fools if they wanna fight Showtime they better come with 100 g'z. Not a dollar less.

    ME: Alright than. It's on baby. They offering $300,000.

    CS: Are you fucking kidding me? Come on man. Tell me you are. This ain't funny. You better be lying. Cuz I don't know what to do

    ME: What you mean you don't know? Take the fight. It's what you wanted ain't it?

    CS: Hell no it ain't what I want. Have you seen him fight? That fool a monster. I ain't lying. I literally see that fool in my nightmares. Freddy Kruger type shit. I hate going to sleep. I'm scared to death of him.

    ME: Than what the fuck is up with all that I want triple G talk?

    CS: I was just trying to get some free press. Get my name out there. Hopefully it'll lead to a rematch with Saul Roman or something. I never thought he'll call my bluff. Why he do that? There's no point in fighting me. I never beat nobody. I ain't no draw. My own momma don't even come to my fights. No reason to fight me. I never did anything to me. It ain't right. Does he know I lost to Jesse Brinkley? If not tell him. Tell him it wasn't even close. Brinkley beat my ass. Convince him he should be fighting Brinkley. Not me.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    920
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    @Violent Demise funniest shit I read in a while. Seriously tho 300k take that shit, lopez took like 250 to fight canelo, but yeah stevens wanted the free press I guess.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,724
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1073
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    The only thing that makes me doubt calling out Golovkin was a publicity stunt, is the fact that Stevens was just more or less showcased on a prime TV slot and network out of the blue. This must have been something in the works for a while, if Stevens himself doesn't accept the fight due to money I can't imagine why main events would give a damn about him again.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,818
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4771
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    You don't get many second or third chances and Stevenson doesn't leave much to the imagaination as far as style and threat..he can be beat. Some guys now get that big push or high profile win and think they are instant scratch off winners for a lifetime guarantee. Lose sight od the big picture. His people should have signed that contract the day the ink dried and focus more on how not to get ktfo and win.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You don't get many second or third chances and Stevenson doesn't leave much to the imagaination as far as style and threat..he can be beat. Some guys now get that big push or high profile win and think they are instant scratch off winners for a lifetime guarantee. Lose sight od the big picture. His people should have signed that contract the day the ink dried and focus more on how not to get ktfo and win.
    He may have hired Marquez's old crew prior to the John fight for guidance. The guy was embarrassed and out boxed by Jessie @#$% Brinkley, fought a 6 rounder against a no hoper and another against a tier 2 opponent followed by a tough 8 rounder against a clubber prior to Roman. He then gets a 300 thousand dollar offer for a title shot and refuses? He should be thanking GGG with a blow job and going out and buying a lottery ticket.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,818
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4771
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You don't get many second or third chances and Stevenson doesn't leave much to the imagaination as far as style and threat..he can be beat. Some guys now get that big push or high profile win and think they are instant scratch off winners for a lifetime guarantee. Lose sight od the big picture. His people should have signed that contract the day the ink dried and focus more on how not to get ktfo and win.
    He may have hired Marquez's old crew prior to the John fight for guidance. The guy was embarrassed and out boxed by Jessie @#$% Brinkley, fought a 6 rounder against a no hoper and another against a tier 2 opponent followed by a tough 8 rounder against a clubber prior to Roman. He then gets a 300 thousand dollar offer for a title shot and refuses? He should be thanking GGG with a blow job and going out and buying a lottery ticket.
    Hopefully its just a ploy or negotiation front, but frankly if I was Golovkin I'd be fingers up after Stevenson popped off like he did and called him out-ish. Shut up and fight. Rosado, Stevenson and the like lose perspective...know your rolls and win the big one before you bark. Think they're haggling over Mayweather-Manny money when all that'll happen is that they will be passed by and next month they can catch a cab over to the Espn main event to begin all over, and they forget those two ego driven divas blew the oppurtunity between them too!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    391
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Martinez is hurt
    Murray can't get a visa
    Quillin is Golden boy
    Vera-Chavez eliminates both
    Geale-Barker fighting
    Sturm is waiting to fight the Geale-Barker winner

    So who do you got Stevens and Mora, Stevens will look like a genius if they come back with more, who cares if people think he's scared this is the same crowd that said Danny-Lucas wouldn't happen.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Martinez is hurt
    Murray can't get a visa
    Quillin is Golden boy
    Vera-Chavez eliminates both
    Geale-Barker fighting
    Sturm is waiting to fight the Geale-Barker winner

    So who do you got Stevens and Mora, Stevens will look like a genius if they come back with more, who cares if people think he's scared this is the same crowd that said Danny-Lucas wouldn't happen.
    Marco Antonio Rubio is the WBC mandatory. But he said he would take the fight with Golovkin if offered. He's more deserving than Stevens. Hassan N'Jikam and Andy Lee ain't doing shit at the moment. N'Jikam holds a win over Giovanni Lorenzo. Lee has one over Craig McEwan. Not exactly great wins but both still trump Stevens best win. Which is Elvin Ayala

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1051
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: GGG vs Stevens would be a war while it lasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Martinez is hurt
    Murray can't get a visa
    Quillin is Golden boy
    Vera-Chavez eliminates both
    Geale-Barker fighting
    Sturm is waiting to fight the Geale-Barker winner

    So who do you got Stevens and Mora, Stevens will look like a genius if they come back with more, who cares if people think he's scared this is the same crowd that said Danny-Lucas wouldn't happen.
    Marco Antonio Rubio is the WBC mandatory. But he said he would take the fight with Golovkin if offered. He's more deserving than Stevens. Hassan N'Jikam and Andy Lee ain't doing shit at the moment. N'Jikam holds a win over Giovanni Lorenzo. Lee has one over Craig McEwan. Not exactly great wins but both still trump Stevens best win. Which is Elvin Ayala
    Out of the people you mention, @Violent Demise, Rubio is the best option. After Rubio though, Stevens is the best option given the availability of the other challengers. N'Jikam ducked GGG a few times already. If his chin is is weakness, a GGG fight doesn't make sense for him. Same with Lee. Rubio is a tough son of a gun, even if limited. The only other fighters worth mentioning as a challenger is Sergio Mora.

    Frankly, Rubio or Stevens are good challengers. Stevens is the only one to call GGG out. If he called GGG out, however, and then decided he only wanted to fight him for a large amount of coin, he's a charlatan and shouldn't be taken seriously. Basically, in this circumstance, that's a bonafide duck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Big Fight For Curtis Stevens
    By jrotonda in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
  2. Anyone have Dirrell vs Curtis Stevens?
    By Taeth in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
  4. CURTIS STEVENS VS. YUSEF MACK IS OFF!
    By rvk1331 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 02:22 AM
  5. Curtis Stevens Gets Revenge!!!!
    By rvk1331 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 05:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing