Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deonte Wilder has a glass chin? got knocked down,severely hurt with headgear on

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deonte Wilder has a glass chin? got knocked down,severely hurt with headgear on

1:35

I hope the best Sergei shows up.. The White Wolf!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deonte Wilder has a glass chin? got knocked down,severely hurt with headgear on

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

1:35

I hope the best Sergei shows up.. The White Wolf!!
    It happens, Tyson got dropped in sparring, his chin was solid.

All factors must be accounted for, muscle mass, strength, conditioning, etc.

I hate these speculative "is this a weakness" threads.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deonte Wilder has a glass chin? got knocked down,severely hurt with headgear on

Mike got dropped in sparring after an already amazing career after he had proven he can take shots off the worlds biggest punchers and had stopped moving his head.

Deontay wilder is another knockout waiting to happen. There is a reason hes being brought along slowly like Scott was.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Mike got dropped in sparring after an already amazing career after he had proven he can take shots off the worlds biggest punchers and had stopped moving his head.

Deontay wilder is another knockout waiting to happen. There is a reason hes being brought along slowly like Scott was.
    Yes and he had a good Chin.

So just because someone gets dropped don't mean he has a weak chin.

Although tbf I wish Wilder had a granite chin but it doesn't look like he does.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jorge Luis Gonzalez stopped Riddick Bowe in the amateurs. As Pro's Bowe beat the living shit out of him and left him lying unconcious.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think headguards offer any real protection to anything other than cuts.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know as a professional, he hasn't faced anyone throwing a meaningful punch and who wasn't brought in just to get bowled over and pad his record.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's David Tua getting knocked out with headgear on, and we know the kind of chin he had.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^Not saying this isn't a sign though. People were saying the same thing about Amir Khan after showing videos of him getting rocked and dropped in the amateurs, and then we found out his chin wasn't up to snuff.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Here's David Tua getting knocked out with headgear on, and we know the kind of chin he had.
    Yes you beat me to it .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Headgear doesn't help when a guy gets hit right on the chin with 3 power shots in rapid succession, especially by an opponent over 200 pounds.

That is the right cross in action.
    A right cross and straight right are not the same though people use the terms interchangeably these days.

Straight Right by definition is the right hand (in orthodox stance) thrown in a straight line at the target. Usually set up by the jab for the old classic 1-2 combination.

The Right Cross is a COUNTER-PUNCH where you slip the opponent's incoming jab while simultaneously throwing your right hand over his jab, literally CROSSING his left arm with your right arm.

Requires perfect timing, speed, coordination, and reflexes because you are hitting on the slip, and it takes nerve too because you just may eat a Straight Right coming behind that incoming jab if you're not fast enough in executing your slip-and-counter ie the Right Cross.

The Right Cross is much more difficult to execute than a simple jab and Straight Right combination.

Vitali right-crosses Lennox Lewis.

^ Funny, I was gonna say Deontay Wilder has to work on properly executing his jab, and there's a video going around of Lennox Lewis showing Wilder a few things about the jab, but even Lennox got caught with the right-cross, but not knocked over by it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I don't think headguards offer any real protection to anything other than cuts.
    I came in here to say exactly that. From what I know, the head gear does nothing to reduce the impact of punches.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some think that it actually leads to more trauma, the use of headguards is being phased out in several tournaments.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't it in a way make it easier to get scrambled, more mass to hit and jar the brain. Who is that he's fighting btw? Can't see on mobile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take away the headgear, and also the gloves too!

There was no punch-drunk fighters until gloved boxing and Marquess of Queensberry replaced Bareknuckle Boxing under London Prize Ring rules.

Thread Information