Thread: Rosado not pleased with " retarded money " offer to fight Peter Quillin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rosado not pleased with " retarded money " offer to fight Peter Quillin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Pay him what he is worth.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rosado not pleased with " retarded money " offer to fight Peter Quillin

It's funny how Rosado talks about what he made in the Love and Golovkin fights, but leaves out the part that he failed to win either fight. How much does this fool think he's worth? He should be happy there offering him another championship fight. The way he's talking it sounds like he knows he's not good enough to win and is just interested in the money.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rosado not pleased with " retarded money " offer to fight Peter Quillin

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    It's funny how Rosado talks about what he made in the Love and Golovkin fights, but leaves out the part that he failed to win either fight. How much does this fool think he's worth? He should be happy there offering him another championship fight. The way he's talking it sounds like he knows he's not good enough to win and is just interested in the money.
    Yep, he's not even trying to hide the fact that it's all about the $.. For a second I forgot that this interview was about a boxer cuz he's talking about money the whole time, it's like he doesn't even give a shit bout winning as long as he gets paid.

IN his defense though, he did get robbed against Love so he deserves a right purse.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Yep, he's not even trying to hide the fact that it's all about the $.. For a second I forgot that this interview was about a boxer cuz he's talking about money the whole time, it's like he doesn't even give a shit bout winning as long as he gets paid.

IN his defense though, he did get robbed against Love so he deserves a right purse.
    I had him winning by a point too. But Love is just a mediocre prospect. Who was drained from making weight. I was expecting Rosado to dominate him.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not impressed with Quillin. He makes hard work of what should be straight forward fights, if you listen to some of the hype spouted about him you would think that he was way better than he actually is. He should fight Golovkin, all this rubbish about it being a fight that needs to build is just b/s. It's a unification fight between two guys touted as the future of the division and yet rival promoters are going to let pettiness stop it from happeneing , it doesn't even make good business sense to avoid or postpone it any longer.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, it turns out Love was on PEDs making the fight a no contest.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    He should fight Golovkin, all this rubbish about it being a fight that needs to build is just b/s.
    I think they're having trouble negotiating between HBO & Showtime and Golden Boy & Top Rank as per damned usual.

I think Pete is a good fighter, I am happy for the guy to be doing so well after his career was sidelined for so long due to a lot of issues out of his control. He's a fun fighter to watch, he's got a good trainer for himself, and I think a fight vs GGG would be a blockbuster! Both guys love to mix it up, they both have big time power too, though I'd give the edge to GGG.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin's career is in a rut. He's fought once in 2013, and that was against a below average junior middleweight. Now GB is offering short money to Rosado? GB is dropping the ball with Quillin if the best they can do for him is a fight against Rosado on Fox Sports. He's a middleweight champion FFS. He should at least be facing a proper middleweight. How about sending Quillin across the pond to face Murray in the UK on a Hatton card? Something.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    He should fight Golovkin, all this rubbish about it being a fight that needs to build is just b/s.
    I think they're having trouble negotiating between HBO & Showtime and Golden Boy & Top Rank as per damned usual.

I think Pete is a good fighter, I am happy for the guy to be doing so well after his career was sidelined for so long due to a lot of issues out of his control. He's a fun fighter to watch, he's got a good trainer for himself, and I think a fight vs GGG would be a blockbuster! Both guys love to mix it up, they both have big time power too, though I'd give the edge to GGG.
    If all they are offering Quillin is Rosado on Fox Sports, then they are NOT setting him up for a unification fight with GGG. He should be headlining (or at least co-headlining) cards in Brooklyn or Miami, where he might have a Cuban fan base, or start to build one. Put him on the Hopkins card in AC even against a legitimate middleweight.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

If all they are offering Quillin is Rosado on Fox Sports, then they are NOT setting him up for a unification fight with GGG. He should be headlining (or at least co-headlining) cards in Brooklyn or Miami, where he might have a Cuban fan base, or start to build one. Put him on the Hopkins card in AC even against a legitimate middleweight.
    He could fight Barker the winner of Geale /Barker or Sturm,Rubio,Chavez Jr, Pirog, or what about Macklin if he wants to make a statement.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

He could fight Barker the winner of Geale /Barker or Sturm,Rubio,Chavez Jr, Pirog, or what about Macklin if he wants to make a statement.
    re: Barker. That is such a tough fight for me to call actually. I feel like Geale is a better boxer, but for some reason, I think Barker is more explosive and might stun Geale.

Don't disagree though on your points about opponents (although Pirog is retired at this point).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rosado needs to get a grip and remember he was on Espn getting wobbled by 41 yr old journeymen just a few fights ago. He's lucky to be walking right back into a championship after doing well against an unproven juice head Love. Quillin is stating busy and hopefully the middles are sorting it out now, Chavez jr and Rubio are not even in the 160 picture and are going to fight anyway. Stevens and Golovkin feels like its a certainy now and Quillin v Golovkin needs to happen after that. I like Stevens but he's taylor made for Golovkin.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its politics and maneuvering right now. Stevens effectively came out of no where with match up but it's had to be in the works. Quillin is a good fighter building himself as well and merits attention.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight Macklin. I know it has its disadvantages but it would be a good way to see how good Quilin really is. I dont rate him but he should beat Macklin easily, if not he really isnt that good.

I would think winner of Geale/Barker should fight GGG. Of all the middleweights the only one who seems interested to fight him is Barker.

Thread Information