Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    There is talk of him getting the Mitchell vs Areolla winner and he wanted to fight Chisora do to legal issues. He's getting good sparring the matches are him paying the bills.

Wilder is a slow learner but he has great raw skills, this is why I complain about 30 year old Euros who haven't fought anyone being declared the best in their division.
    Golovkin and Kovalev obvious boxing ability and level of comp makes Wilders look downright silly. Anyone watching honestly can see its not comparable.
    Who had they fought at 27 don't just say, not now because 4 of his best wins came pass 31.
    Kov has had 21 fights and is about to fight an unbeaten world champ. He just fought a very good fighter in Campillo. Wilder has had 28 fights and his best opponent is a chap that collects my bins.
    Campillo who went down twice in the first round vs Cloud and Boone who lost to Stevens are among his best wins. But of course you like him.
    Campillo went down 2 times vs Cloud, well we now know you can read Boxrec but you obviously did not watch the rest of the fight. Boone lost to Stevens sure but had also just steamrolled some guy named Adonis Stevenson pre Kovalev fight

Not sure why the age of 27 is a point other than that it stacks your deck. Considering Kovalev did not turn pro until he was 26 and had all of 8 fights by then...where as Wilder popped at 23 and has essentially fought his whole career by 27 All he did is manage to extend his list of professional stunt men, ghosts and part time dog washers to a lifetime. Cheers champ.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was quite impressed by wilder today... looking forward to seeing if he can get to the top and what he can do in the future ! I hope so anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    There is talk of him getting the Mitchell vs Areolla winner and he wanted to fight Chisora do to legal issues. He's getting good sparring the matches are him paying the bills.

Wilder is a slow learner but he has great raw skills, this is why I complain about 30 year old Euros who haven't fought anyone being declared the best in their division.
    Golovkin and Kovalev obvious boxing ability and level of comp makes Wilders look downright silly. Anyone watching honestly can see its not comparable.
    Who had they fought at 27 don't just say, not now because 4 of his best wins came pass 31.
    Kov has had 21 fights and is about to fight an unbeaten world champ. He just fought a very good fighter in Campillo. Wilder has had 28 fights and his best opponent is a chap that collects my bins.
    Campillo who went down twice in the first round vs Cloud and Boone who lost to Stevens are among his best wins. But of course you like him.
    Campillo went down 2 times vs Cloud, well we now know you can read Boxrec but you obviously did not watch the rest of the fight. Boone lost to Stevens sure but had also just steamrolled some guy named Adonis Stevenson pre Kovalev fight

Not sure why the age of 27 is a point other than that it stacks your deck. Considering Kovalev did not turn pro until he was 26 and had all of 8 fights by then...where as Wilder popped at 23 and has essentially fought his whole career by 27 All he did is manage to extend his list of professional stunt men, ghosts and part time dog washers to a lifetime. Cheers champ.
    God you are a moron,cause I actually watch fights you think it's boxrec, what Boone got 18 losses, but you think that's a good win huh? Anyway if this was a Euro you would deep throat him but he's black so he can do nothing right.

Let me ask you this moron who has been around boxing longer Broner or Wilder? Deontay got a ton of time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Onetime does have a point. Lets keep Wilder in perspective. He has a total fight experience, amateur and pro, of less than 150 rounds. As a pro...less than 150 minutes experience. If he was ranked or given a cheesy title shot at this point then I would be on the bus of criticism as well but the guy is greener than a brussel sprout. He took up the sport in his 20s as a basketball reject. I know us Americans want a great heavyweight right now but lets be realistic. Dude needs some years still. He really hasn't learned enough in his pro fights because they average less than 2 rounds per. I know its risky but if I was his trainer I wouldn't be wholeheartedly against him carrying an opponent or two. I bet we can take a poll right now and find that many of us have more fight experience than Wilder.
    Last edited by jehoshaphat; 08-10-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post
    Onetime does have a point. Lets keep Wilder in perspective. He has a total fight experience, amateur and pro, of less than 150 rounds. As a pro...less than 150 minutes experience. If he was ranked or given a cheesy title shot at this point then I would be on the bus of criticism as well but the guy is greener than a brussel sprout. He took up the sport in his 20s as a basketball reject. I know us Americans want a great heavyweight right now but lets be realistic. Dude needs some years still. He really hasn't learned enough in his pro fights because they average less than 2 rounds per. I know its risky but if I was his trainer I wouldn't be wholeheartedly against him carrying an opponent or two. I bet we can take a poll right now and find that many of us have more fight experience than Wilder.

Good point. We do tend to get a little carried away in this instant gratification world.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However the division is ripe. Shit half the guys ranked above him are composting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really does bug me, Wilder is not being stuffed down our throats and not one person on this board builds him up, so why this need to knock him down. It would be like me picking a Russian prospect and insulting him. Deontay is fighting on ShowBox and learning how to jab from Lennox, but what do you expect though these are the same people who claimed Danny was scared of Lucas.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really does bug me, Wilder is not being stuffed down our throats and not one person on this board builds him up, so why this need to knock him down. It would be like me picking a Russian prospect and insulting him. Deontay is fighting on ShowBox and learning how to jab from Lennox, but what do you expect though these are the same people who claimed Danny was scared of Lucas.
    You debase every argument or discussion you get involved by accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a racist. It is getting old fast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    You debase every argument or discussion you get involved by accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a racist. It is getting old fast.
    People pick a random American prospect and attack them, if Wilder was from a former Soviet Republic they would love him and that's the sad truth. Ban me if you just want one kind of fan, I've asked them to give me this amazing resume their favorite boxers have and they give me Boone and Ishida, this is delusion.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People pick a random American prospect and attack them, if Wilder was from a former Soviet Republic they would love him and that's the sad truth. Ban me if you just want one kind of fan, I've asked them to give me this amazing resume their favorite boxers have and they give me Boone and Ishida, this is delusion.
    People like fighters like Golovkin because he is exciting and appears willing to fight the best in the division, not because he's from some Asian country which I would wage at least 50% of this forum's members couldn't find on a map. And, from what I have seen, they are critical of a guy like Wilder because he seems to have huge gaps in his game and shows no inclination to step up his level of competition while simultaneously running his mouth about how good he is.

I have never seen anything on here to indicate that the colour of someone's skin has anything to do with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People like fighters like Golovkin because he is exciting and appears willing to fight the best in the division, not because he's from some Asian country which I would wage at least 50% of this forum's members couldn't find on a map. And, from what I have seen, they are critical of a guy like Wilder because he seems to have huge gaps in his game and shows no inclination to step up his level of competition while simultaneously running his mouth about how good he is.

I have never seen anything on here to indicate that the colour of someone's skin has anything to do with it.
    Golovkin will say "bravery is the responsibility of every boxer" than go fight 154 pounders like Rosado or Ishida, Murray claims he didn't even get an offer while Golokin's team claims he is the number one choice. Golovkin fights up right with zero head movement and Macklin is the hardest puncher he faced, he's a brutal KO waiting to happen.

A Golovkin fan criticizing Wilder is the ultimate throwing rocks in glass houses, Wilder wanted to fight Chisora but he isn't allowed to leave the country due to his case, he'll step up to the Mitchell vs Aereolla winner.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin will say "bravery is the responsibility of every boxer" than go fight 154 pounders like Rosado or Ishida, Murray claims he didn't even get an offer while Golokin's team claims he is the number one choice. Golovkin fights up right with zero head movement and Macklin is the hardest puncher he faced, he's a brutal KO waiting to happen.

A Golovkin fan criticizing Wilder is the ultimate throwing rocks in glass houses, Wilder wanted to fight Chisora but he isn't allowed to leave the country due to his case, he'll step up to the Mitchell vs Aereolla winner.
    All that is fine, but from what I have seen race has absolutely nothing to do with anything and your constantly bringing it up contributes nothing to any discussion taking place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All that is fine, but from what I have seen race has absolutely nothing to do with anything and your constantly bringing it up contributes nothing to any discussion taking place.
    If you have guy who gets undo hate to me it's fair to ask why, my ban was for arguing with a guy who loves Wlad while dumping on Floyd, I'm not even a huge Floyd fan but me having to argue his greatness says a lot.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you have guy who gets undo hate to me it's fair to ask why, my ban was for arguing with a guy who loves Wlad while dumping on Floyd, I'm not even a huge Floyd fan but me having to argue his greatness says a lot.
    Of course it's fair to ask why, I'm not suggesting otherwise. However, it's also absurd to call everyone who disagrees with you a racist without a shred of justification.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I was watching some Michael Grants fights from way back and he looked like a super prospect compared to this guy.

Wilder is a bum..
    But 'Fury is the future'...

Thread Information