Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 115 of 115

Thread: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

Share/Bookmark
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,173
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    992
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Jack Nicklaus is still the GOAT. 18 victories in majors and 19 second place finishes, against tougher competition than Woods has had to face. Woods now has 15 majors, but is woefully behind Nicklaus with 6 second place finishes.

    Woods not fit to carry Nicklaus' jock.
    Tits, I don’t know mean you seem way to anti Tiger. Look the US lives to see people fail but what we live even more is seeing one crash and burn only to rise again. Good on Tiger, I hope he wins twenty in a row now

    Some of us are blessed with the gift of seeing through people. I see through Tiger. Others see the facade he puts up for everyone. I hope he never wins another major.
    Nice to see you are still the only unbiased objective poster on the board who never let's a grudge or irrational personal dislike bordering on hate of someone cloud your judgement.
    Come on, we all have someone we irrationally hate with a passion. Mines is Floyd.
    A golf player? Golf...fucking hell.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  2. #107
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,459
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Jack Nicklaus is still the GOAT. 18 victories in majors and 19 second place finishes, against tougher competition than Woods has had to face. Woods now has 15 majors, but is woefully behind Nicklaus with 6 second place finishes.

    Woods not fit to carry Nicklaus' jock.
    Tits, I don’t know mean you seem way to anti Tiger. Look the US lives to see people fail but what we live even more is seeing one crash and burn only to rise again. Good on Tiger, I hope he wins twenty in a row now

    Some of us are blessed with the gift of seeing through people. I see through Tiger. Others see the facade he puts up for everyone. I hope he never wins another major.
    Nice to see you are still the only unbiased objective poster on the board who never let's a grudge or irrational personal dislike bordering on hate of someone cloud your judgement.
    Come on, we all have someone we irrationally hate with a passion. Mines is Floyd.
    A golf player? Golf...fucking hell.


    "Golf player" sounds awkward. You gotta learn the lingo. It's "golfer". And yes.... we're allowed to dislike golfers.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,173
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    992
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Jack Nicklaus is still the GOAT. 18 victories in majors and 19 second place finishes, against tougher competition than Woods has had to face. Woods now has 15 majors, but is woefully behind Nicklaus with 6 second place finishes.

    Woods not fit to carry Nicklaus' jock.
    Tits, I don’t know mean you seem way to anti Tiger. Look the US lives to see people fail but what we live even more is seeing one crash and burn only to rise again. Good on Tiger, I hope he wins twenty in a row now

    Some of us are blessed with the gift of seeing through people. I see through Tiger. Others see the facade he puts up for everyone. I hope he never wins another major.
    Nice to see you are still the only unbiased objective poster on the board who never let's a grudge or irrational personal dislike bordering on hate of someone cloud your judgement.
    Come on, we all have someone we irrationally hate with a passion. Mines is Floyd.
    A golf player? Golf...fucking hell.


    "Golf player" sounds awkward. You gotta learn the lingo. It's "golfer". And yes.... we're allowed to dislike golfers.
    A Golfist? . It seems boring enough to play let alone watch. Horses for courses but to have that kind of investment in hating a bloke with his golf stick seems strange. What did he do other than have affairs?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,459
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Jack Nicklaus is still the GOAT. 18 victories in majors and 19 second place finishes, against tougher competition than Woods has had to face. Woods now has 15 majors, but is woefully behind Nicklaus with 6 second place finishes.

    Woods not fit to carry Nicklaus' jock.
    Tits, I don’t know mean you seem way to anti Tiger. Look the US lives to see people fail but what we live even more is seeing one crash and burn only to rise again. Good on Tiger, I hope he wins twenty in a row now

    Some of us are blessed with the gift of seeing through people. I see through Tiger. Others see the facade he puts up for everyone. I hope he never wins another major.
    Nice to see you are still the only unbiased objective poster on the board who never let's a grudge or irrational personal dislike bordering on hate of someone cloud your judgement.
    Come on, we all have someone we irrationally hate with a passion. Mines is Floyd.
    A golf player? Golf...fucking hell.


    "Golf player" sounds awkward. You gotta learn the lingo. It's "golfer". And yes.... we're allowed to dislike golfers.
    A Golfist? . It seems boring enough to play let alone watch. Horses for courses but to have that kind of investment in hating a bloke with his golf stick seems strange. What did he do other than have affairs?


    I already answered that once before, but it's a valid enough question, so here goes...

    First, I'm not an avid golfer or golf fan... but sometimes sports on TV is rather scarce. Being the sports junkie that I am, sometimes I'll take a gander at major championships, especially if Tiger is playing 'cause of course I'm rooting against him.
    As to the why?

    Tiger was an aloof enough man when he was steamrollering the opposition before his scandal, and seemed well on his way to being the GOAT in golf. He never acknowledged fans, and even his peers saw him in less than a positive light. But ok.... chalk it up to laser focus and not having time for chit chat. Then along comes the scandal, and after some time off, Tiger came back supposedly "new and improved." I remember his first Masters back. He was high fiving fans, kissing babies..... could've given any politician a run for his money. I thought it strange, but oh well. As the tournament developed, it was clear that Tiger was playing well enough, but it wasn't meant to be, as Phil Mickelson, by contrast a beloved golfer among U.S. fans, won the thing...... and then had an emotional hug and kiss from his wife on the 18th green as she had been battling breast cancer.

    Cut to Tiger, who's being interviewed (after finishing 4 strokes back), and sure enough...... there was that sour puss face again. Damn hypocrite didn't even deem it worthy enough to congratulate Phil on his victory, but rather seemed impatient and bothered by the interview. Same old Tiger. The "new and improved" version having lasted all of 3 and a half rounds of golf.

    It was at that point in time that a switch clicked in me, because in all honesty, before THAT I was always rooting for Tiger. Laser focus, aloofness and all. I tend to root for guys going for GOAT status in my lifetime (so I have something to tell the grandkids). But Tiger's monumental hypocrisy did me in...... and it became all too clear that..... if I may paraphrase Larry Holmes on this one...... Tiger isn't fit to carry Jack Nicklaus' jock.

    Sorry for the rant.... but it's a story worth retelling.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,459
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...hit/ar-AACVXvX


    Woods on achy back: 'I feel every shot I hit'



    Rats. It seems Woods is pretty much out of contention to win the U.S. Open this year. Darn.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,477
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1013
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Im with Beanz here. Golf is a ridiculous waste of time, the only thing worse than playing it is watching, followed by, basically nothing.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,459
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    I don't much watch it myself... just keep up with the majors and their results.

    There ARE worse things than watching/playing golf however.

    In that group I would include watching darts, bowling, or curling.

    Oh.... and the World Series of Poker.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,693
    Mentioned
    1415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2668
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't much watch it myself... just keep up with the majors and their results.

    There ARE worse things than watching/playing golf however.

    In that group I would include watching darts, bowling, or curling.

    Oh.... and the World Series of Poker.
    I am more concerned about Nadal getting closer to Federer's grand slam wins.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    45,588
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3115
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't much watch it myself... just keep up with the majors and their results.

    There ARE worse things than watching/playing golf however.

    In that group I would include watching darts, bowling, or curling.

    Oh.... and the World Series of Poker.
    I am more concerned about Nadal getting closer to Federer's grand slam wins.
    I am the same and the same with Djokovic too. I hope Federer can sneak another Wimbledon in. He played pretty well in the French Open and even though Nadal beat him Feder at 37 was still very competitive on his worst surface against the best player on the surface. If he can carry that into Wimbledon he has a good shot. Nadal is close but very injury prone. Djokovic is a bit younger and though behind a bigger threat IMO. Nadal is great on clay, but far less prolific on other surfaces. Djokovic carries it on the other surfaces better. Come on Fed, one more big year!
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,459
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Tiger Woods chokes on a major YET AGAIN

    Nadal's a clay court specialist. Even if he passes Federer he has a weak argument for GOAT. Most people prefer a well balanced resume, not some clay court freak who rarely wins anywhere else. Djokovic's a good guy, so I don't begrudge him his success. Regardless, I still root for Federer to add to his total, but he needs to get Nadal out of his head. Their head-to-head numbers are a bit embarrassing.

    Still..... both Nadal and Djokovic are better individuals than Tiger is. Which is why I continue to root against Tiger every time there's a major championship.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Do you root for Tiger Woods?
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  2. Tiger Woods
    By Youngblood in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing