Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Little League World Series

I love little league games but also pro games, ... well, I'm talking about mostly my memories of watching the NY Yankees, Chicago Cubs and SF Giants from like 1971 to about 1984 when I pretty much lost track of MLB. I do love to watch an occasional game on a hot, long summer night, don't care to much anymore who is playing, just love baseball, as it was and still is my favorite sport.... OK I can say it's a dead-even tie with boxing for me. I played 4 years of little league from age 9 to about 12 I guess. Wish I would've stayed with it. Gotta watch a few of these little league games coming up then! Chinese Taipei sounds like they might clean house.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I love little league games but also pro games, ... well, I'm talking about mostly my memories of watching the NY Yankees, Chicago Cubs and SF Giants from like 1971 to about 1984 when I pretty much lost track of MLB. I do love to watch an occasional game on a hot, long summer night, don't care to much anymore who is playing, just love baseball, as it was and still is my favorite sport.... OK I can say it's a dead-even tie with boxing for me. I played 4 years of little league from age 9 to about 12 I guess. Wish I would've stayed with it. Gotta watch a few of these little league games coming up then! Chinese Taipei sounds like they might clean house.

I don't know... I think Hawaii is the real powerhouse team this year. They've been rolling over all opposition so far. Amazing how good some of these 12-year olds play! Watched the Texas-Tennessee elimination game last night and man...! Some of the defensive plays that were made. You got kids turning double plays like pros.

Yeah... I'm a baseball fan myself. My biggest criticism about the MLB though, is that the season is way too long. It's hard to get excited by any one regular season game, when there are 162 of those in every team's schedule. By contrast, the NFL has 17 regular season games. So each game actually means a lot more.

Looking forward to the next World Baseball Classic. It's a long overdue tournament (started in 2006) that rivals FIBA for popularity.

Thread Information