Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Haye sparring with Mariusz Wach!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye sparring with Mariusz Wach!

Very, very good choice in sparring partner.

Such a good match for Fury, and as @Jimanuel Boogustus pointed out, he's very tough and will test Haye.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: David Haye sparring with Mariusz Wach!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Very, very good choice in sparring partner.

Such a good match for Fury, and as @Jimanuel Boogustus pointed out, he's very tough and will test Haye.
    Yeah, good choice by Haye. Wach also has a better chin than Fury so I think he can give Haye some very good tough sparring

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is very strong also. You can see this in his fight with Wladimir when they entered in to clinches. Wladimir could never keep his body/ arms over Wach's back /neck. Must be immensely strong.

He is even slower than Fury though, particularly with straight shots, nor has the repertoire. I assume Haye will be using Wach very specifically.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did he even get suspended for juicing For realism and accuracy a stilted circus clown would have been closer to Fury but Wach should give him some good work.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did he even get suspended for juicing For realism and accuracy a stilted circus clown would have been closer to Fury but Wach should give him some good work.
    He's awaiting punishment from the German governing body.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Richard Towers is in the camp too

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He's awaiting punishment from the German governing body.
    I thought his suspension had already come and gone....oh well. He's got a chin like "Mac Tonite"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently he's bringing in Wilder as well.. It'll be funny if Wilder cracks his jaw in sparring

Deontay will travel to London soon to begin three weeks sparring with David Haye as Haye takes on Tyson Fury. Wilder has been in the UK several times, most recently when he knocked out Audley Harrison inside of a round in Sheffield. Wilder also sparred with Haye when Haye challenged Wladimir Klitschko. He has been informed by his legal team he will now be allowed to travel abroad following a domestic violence arrest in Las Vegas that scuttled a scheduled bout with Derek Chisora.

Quotes:

Deontay Wilder – “Me and David are friends and if he needs my help I’m there for him. I’m more seasoned now than I was the last time we sparred so I plan to give him great work. I don’t hold back and neither does he. We’re there to work hard. I want him to see better competition in sparring than he will in the fight.”

“He has a good team and they treated me well last time so there was no hesitation to go back. I’ve got lots of friends and support in London and Sheffield so I’ll be good.”

“It will be great to be in a camp again with Richard Towers. We got to be friends in Klitschko’s camp when Wlad was getting ready for Wach. Richard is a cool guy and his friends took care of us in Sheffield so it’ll be good seeing him again.”

Wilder co-trainer/co-manager Jay Deas – “There was no big negotiation or anything like that. They asked and we said yes. It was easy because we want the same things. We all want David and Deontay to get better and so absolutely we were on board.”

“Deontay loves England. My mentor, the former WBA Middleweight Champ Sumbu Kalambay has two brothers living in London that are like brothers to me. They will take great care of Deontay. Richard Towers mates from Pakistan will be around too. We’ll have the Africans and the Pakistans and the Alabams!”

“Some people say why spar your friend, or why spar someone you may fight? Deontay is the second youngest heavyweight in the American top 25. Only Andy Ruiz is younger. So Deontay is 4-5 years from his prime, which is kind of scary. He’s getting better every day and still learning. This will help him, and if he fights Towers or Haye down the road, so be it. He sparred and then fought Audley who is like a brother to him. My measuring stick is, “will this make Deontay better?” In this case, absolutely it will so we’re glad to be of service.”

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No reason why Wilder can't come back then and fight Chisora next then?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    No reason why Wilder can't come back then and fight Chisora next then?
    no bottle
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder AND Mariusz Wach?! Sounds about as good as it gets.

David is going to be razor sharp.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

Just because they are sparring doesn't mean they are sparring hard or well. However, Haye has brought in some quality guys to prepare for Fury and I never really figured Fury had a shot to beat Haye anyway....Tyson just doesn't have the power to make Haye wary. That might lead to Haye exchanging more which would be dumb because Haye doesn't have the greatest of chins, but I digress.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Just because they are sparring doesn't mean they are sparring hard or well. However, Haye has brought in some quality guys to prepare for Fury and I never really figured Fury had a shot to beat Haye anyway....Tyson just doesn't have the power to make Haye wary. That might lead to Haye exchanging more which would be dumb because Haye doesn't have the greatest of chins, but I digress.
    Gee boss... thanks for that thur heads-up boss

In all seriousness - do you actually think that they won't?

I could be wrong as I don't know a great deal about the nuts and bolts of boxing particularly outside of the contest itself but get the impression that Haye, not being a rough house fighter, will be working on specifics - with his objectives being relatively acute.

I only say that as I've heard that Booth likes to think of himself as the master tactician.

If this true, then they seem to have the right people for the job therefore IMO Haye just needs to go to work.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 08-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's sparring with a drug cheat who also attempted to remove padding from his gloves prior to the Wlad fight, a woman beater, and a convicted kidnapper I say add a few polar bears to the mix and lock the gym doors.

El Kabong Guest

Gee boss... thanks for that thur heads-up boss

In all seriousness - do you actually think that they won't?

I could be wrong as I don't know a great deal about the nuts and bolts of boxing particularly outside of the contest itself but get the impression that Haye, not being a rough house fighter, will be working on specifics - with his objectives being relatively acute.

I only say that as I've heard that Booth likes to think of himself as the master tactician.

If this true, then they seem to have the right people for the job therefore IMO Haye just needs to go to work.
    Well you hear Wilder talk about how good of friends he and Haye are....maybe they aren't pushing each other in camp as hard as they should. I don't know, but Haye IS a Prima Donna and it wouldn't surprise me if he took Fury lightly.

Booth is not a trainer in the boxing sense of the term, he gets people in shape but I haven't seen him add much to his fighters. He certainly didn't have Wlad figured out now did he? He tried stilts to mimic Valuev, a glove on a pole to mimic Wladimir's jab...he's done some creative but very ridiculous things as a trainer and at this stage in the game I don't think the gamble is worth it but Haye trusts him (don't know if that's wise) and that's all a trainer really needs. Granted he was going up against a very technical boxer and an All-Time Great Trainer in Manny Steward, but he offered Haye nothing in the corner. I think Ronnie Shields would be better for David, maybe Freddy Roach, maybe Mayweather Sr or Roger Mayweather. Haye has attributes he could take advantage of better. Haye COULD fight on the inside, it's about confidence, it's about technique, and muscle memory and when Haye fights in his own little style he's a fighter who is 1 handed...he's not going to cross a guy up with feints, he's not setting up his big punches, he'll jab every so often and then swing for the fences.

Haye needs better combinations, better defense, and he needs to be more aggressive...not even so much in throwing punches but just cutting the ring off, making his opponent work.

Luckily for Haye Fury is a big dumb oaf who fights like a big dumb oaf and if Booth is some sort of "master tactician" he should have a plan for Haye to dominate Fury.

Thread Information