Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warren V Hearn - The Rematch

Great article reminding the younger posters among us that the battle between the two British Promoters is nothing new and their sons are just carrying on where there Dads left off.

BBC Sport - Frank Warren fighting Eddie Hearn for British boxing's heart and soul

Can Frank rebuild without any world champions? It would be a pity for Boxnation to fold for the average punter it provides great value for money and the fighters under Hatton, Mcquigan and Maloney deserve better than to be frozen out by Sky. Hearn though has proved a deft hand and his cards are usually packed with quality so do you think the competition is healthy or would Frank folding be bad for British boxing ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren V Hearn - The Rematch

Frank has seen off better promoters than himself and he will do the same to Hearn.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As Barry Hearn said in that video that Warren got took off Youtube - "The only way Frank Warren is gonna drive me out of anything, is if I give him a job as my chauffeur"

Hearn still carried on promoting boxing shows just at a smaller scale because of the other sports/businesses he's involved in. His son Eddie decides boxing is his passion and within 5 minutes Matchroom is top dog again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren battered Hearns and he will do the son as well. Don King and Terry Marsh could not destroy Frank, no one can.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shut up you insufferable cretin.

"Warren recently issued his financial statements, which are grim reading: Frank Warren’s W. Promotions had accumulated losses of £4.36million, net current liabilities of £3.7m. Hearn/Matchroom have net assets of £15.6m and profits of £5m."
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-23-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren has his own channel and he has been sued and owed $20 million dollars to King, he came back from that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bazza pulled a stroke on Warren and Don King at the same time. Benn-Eubank II contract was winner and loser goes to them. It said nothing about a draw!!! Owned the pair of 'em at the same time. Fact.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, is Warren-Hearn the British version of Top Rank-Golden Boy?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Bazza pulled a stroke on Warren and Don King at the same time. Benn-Eubank II contract was winner and loser goes to them. It said nothing about a draw!!! Owned the pair of 'em at the same time. Fact.
    Everyone is entitled to make a mistake once in a while, as long as you learn from them. It happens to the best of them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn hasnt built up a stable from scratch, he has bought existing talent.

Frank inows how to build a fighter. I dont think Eddie will finish Frank Warren. His dad had less and less to do with boxing as the years went on because it needed a big investment to build a star. Eddie has been given a wad of money to fuck around with by his dad basically.

He is putting good fights on BUT one of the reasons Frank and his fighter get so much shit is that they have shows where the quality of the opponents arent great. Basically cheap labour, so they can sell tickets and earn. If Eddie keeps making big fights and his fighters were to lose badly or even just retire, he wont get much return for his investment.

You have to remember boxing is a business and for the promoters to be ale to fund big shows they need to build capital with a few mediocre shows.

Im not a fan of Warren the man but he does get a lot of unwarranted shit when you look at what it takes to keep going in his line of work and how many promoters have come and gone, lose money etc and that he is still around and one of the top operators is testiment that he has been doing something right.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    So, is Warren-Hearn the British version of Top Rank-Golden Boy?
    Yes

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Eddie Hearn hasnt built up a stable from scratch, he has bought existing talent.

Frank inows how to build a fighter. I dont think Eddie will finish Frank Warren. His dad had less and less to do with boxing as the years went on because it needed a big investment to build a star. Eddie has been given a wad of money to fuck around with by his dad basically.

He is putting good fights on BUT one of the reasons Frank and his fighter get so much shit is that they have shows where the quality of the opponents arent great. Basically cheap labour, so they can sell tickets and earn. If Eddie keeps making big fights and his fighters were to lose badly or even just retire, he wont get much return for his investment.

You have to remember boxing is a business and for the promoters to be ale to fund big shows they need to build capital with a few mediocre shows.

Im not a fan of Warren the man but he does get a lot of unwarranted shit when you look at what it takes to keep going in his line of work and how many promoters have come and gone, lose money etc and that he is still around and one of the top operators is testiment that he has been doing something right.
    You mean did. They can't get away with pulling the wool over punters eyes like they used too.

Whether or not Barry's interest and investment dipped at one point, currently Eddie/Matchroom is wiping the floor with Frank. It's a mismatch.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now Warren is a domestic promoter, he's got zero world champions. He's in a position where he'd have to invest more money to take Cleverly back to world level and Cleverly wasn't a ticket seller when he was a world champ.

The only thing preventing him being completely fucked is Box Nation. That looks to be doing OK. The guy who owns Rainham Steel just made a big investment and they're going to start an HD channel. Hopefully it keeps going but I notice they don't have the Mares fight this weekend. I want to see Warren survive just so his channel survives.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My problem with Matchroom is they usually match their fighters up against bums particularly his "stars" and the only time he steps up is for a world title shot, and majority of this time he does so in opponenets back yard.

Im not too sure on how many world champs they have but the ones I know off I doubt they will hang onto the title that long. I think the only world champs he has are Froch, Burns and Barker. Burns and Barker are very beatable and if they are to take on a class opponent they will lose. If Froch beats Groves and has a Ward rematch Id say his titles are gone too.

Of his upcoming stars - Brook, Bellew, Quigg, Selby, Mitchell, Rose, Groves he has some potential but will any be as big as Froch. I doubt it. A few could win world titles but I dont believe they will dominate the division.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    My problem with Matchroom is they usually match their fighters up against bums particularly his "stars" and the only time he steps up is for a world title shot, and majority of this time he does so in opponenets back yard.

Im not too sure on how many world champs they have but the ones I know off I doubt they will hang onto the title that long. I think the only world champs he has are Froch, Burns and Barker. Burns and Barker are very beatable and if they are to take on a class opponent they will lose. If Froch beats Groves and has a Ward rematch Id say his titles are gone too.

Of his upcoming stars - Brook, Bellew, Quigg, Selby, Mitchell, Rose, Groves he has some potential but will any be as big as Froch. I doubt it. A few could win world titles but I dont believe they will dominate the division.
    A promoters success wont be how good of a fighter he can make but how mch of a draw he can make them and good even match making. Making good shows that are exciting. The paying spectators couldnt give 2 fucks if they are watching the best fighter in world. All they want is to be entertained by watching exciting "fights".

Look at Ward, hes regarded as the best in the division but is not making anyone any money ever! I dont know who his promoter is but dont you think theyd prefer to have Froch or Kessler?
    Last edited by ross; 08-23-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information